2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
Wolverine17 said:
Just got my scores for my 2nd attempt in ielts,scored 8 speaking,8.5 listening,6.5 writing and 8.5 reading,what are my chances of having an extra 0.5 in writing
Take CELPIP exam :)

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Augustiner said:
@Wolverine17:
Writing is the hardest skill to improve, we just have to practice real hard. It's the best and only way.
To me, the Listening part requires you to get no more than 5 questions wrong (at least 35/40) is somehow a problem for me. I've lived in the US for 7 years and the English accent is something that I am not aware of problem.
My last results: L7.5, R8.5, S7.5, W7.
That's it, I think I got 1 question short of requirement to get 8 in Listening. I failed. And you know we can only reevaluate the S and W tests. There is nothing you can do about the other 2 tests.
So I practice listening tests everyday for 1 month now, read all tips, tricks and strategies for Listening. As yet, I still need lucks to get perfect scores (8777).
I don't know what everyone else is thinking, but when I saw all rounds of invitation, I think September is going to be a month for attention. This feeling brought me a rush in mind.
Overall, whether it is IELTS or EE, we need a calm mind. That's how we can get the scores we need.
;), anyway, you spelled frustration wrong, that's a simplest way to fail a writing test. It is good though, we don't need that word.
I will try to practice more for the writing,as far as the speaking try practicing more and you will be ok,my main problem is that there are not headsets supplied and only one test center available unless i travel somewhere

jianxia15

Jun 6, 2016
Augustiner said:
@Wolverine17:
Writing is the hardest skill to improve, we just have to practice real hard. It's the best and only way.
To me, the Listening part requires you to get no more than 5 questions wrong (at least 35/40) is somehow a problem for me. I've lived in the US for 7 years and the English accent is something that I am not aware of problem.
My last results: L7.5, R8.5, S7.5, W7.
That's it, I think I got 1 question short of requirement to get 8 in Listening. I failed. And you know we can only reevaluate the S and W tests. There is nothing you can do about the other 2 tests.
So I practice listening tests everyday for 1 month now, read all tips, tricks and strategies for Listening. As yet, I still need lucks to get perfect scores (8777).
I don't know what everyone else is thinking, but when I saw all rounds of invitation, I think September is going to be a month for attention. This feeling brought me a rush in mind.
Overall, whether it is IELTS or EE, we need a calm mind. That's how we can get the scores we need.
;), anyway, you spelled frustration wrong, that's a simplest way to fail a writing test. It is good though, we don't need that word.
Since IELTS is a UK-initiated test, I suggest that u listen to BBC programs. Podcast is extremely helpful.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Is there a 'online' way to check our writing during ielts preparation? Any good forums to get feedback on the writing? I believe it is extremely hard to improve in writing without knowing where we are going wrong.

Or is paying one of those countless online ielts tutors the only way to go?

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
My first ielts trial re evaluation is out ,it took more than 8 weeks and i had my speaking increased from 6.5 to 8 and writing from 7 to 7.5

jianxia15

Jun 6, 2016
Wolverine17 said:
My first ielts trial re evaluation is out ,it took more than 8 weeks and i had my speaking increased from 6.5 to 8 and writing from 7 to 7.5
That's insane! Congratulations!

jianxia15

Jun 6, 2016
Wolverine17 said:
I just took my second test, but did not do well in speaking again. Hopefully, I can muddle through.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
jianxia15 said:
I just took my second test, but did not do well in speaking again. Hopefully, I can muddle through.
Thanks good luck to you as well,but will have to redo the exam again since my score was 7.5 in listening the first time,i scheduled for my 3rd attempt already,everytime am 0.5 short on a module

knight17

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-02-2019
AOR Received.
23-02-2019
sby123 said:
I finally got 7.5 in writing after my third try after discovering the pattern of writing task 2 (I got the exact same scores for my first and second test). The trick is to know that there are only 7 types of questions for Task 2 (hxxp://yourieltstutor.com/7-types-of-task-2-questions-for-ielts/) and you need to answer the question accordingly. Read a lot of different types of samples and understand/memorize the pattern and you will be good to go.

For your reference, check out Simon IELTS/ IELTS Liz on YouTube, they have lots of useful information on their websites.
Thank you for the pointers.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Guys, can someone give some pointers on how to get the practice writing reviewed? Is there any website or software to do that? Thanks.

jianxia15

Jun 6, 2016
Just had my second results released.

Listening 8.5, Reading 8.5, Writing 7, Speaking 7.5

What a relief!

May422

May 5, 2016
Hello all,

From my personal experience I would recommend always to take CELPIP exam. It is way easier than IELTS.
I took IELTS in Oct 2015 with an average score of 6 -6.5; the in Feb 2016 I took CELPIP I got Listening and Reading 11, Writing 9, Speaking .
First of all the exam is in a computer, while IELTS writing you have to hand write everything and the speaking is kind of like an interview, which I found very intimidating.
The topics in every section of CELPIP are easier than IELTS (more academic topics)

If you register for CELPIP I strongly recommend to buy one or two of the practice ebooks/practice test. They have the same format as the exam so I will be prepare on the exam day.

All the best!

Arslanellahi

Jun 21, 2016
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All,

Just my 2 cents here, while preparing for IELTS, I found the below websites really helpful.

Those trying to improve their listening score, please take a peek at this website (ielts-mentor). It has around 16 listening test samples that you can practice. If you have bunch of time, try to do each test twice and compare score of your second test with the first to ensure you are not making the same mistakes again and again.

Those trying to improve their writing, this website (ieltsadvantage) has handful of resources in terms of types of topics, essay structure, sentence structure etc.

Those trying to improve speaking, visit this website (ielts-mentor) and print out interview samples. Have someone ask you those questions on daily basis.

For reading, the same website (ielts-mentor) has around 45 reading samples with answers. Practice them all and you will definitely score more than 7 :)

In a nutshell, there is no substitute of hardwork and practice. Practice well and there will be no one stopping you from getting CLB9.

P.S, I followed the same strategy and got L9, R9, W7 and S7.5 on my first IELST attempt.

Hashmani

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arslanellahi said:
All,

Just my 2 cents here, while preparing for IELTS, I found the below websites really helpful.

Those trying to improve their listening score, please take a peek at this website (ielts-mentor). It has around 16 listening test samples that you can practice. If you have bunch of time, try to do each test twice and compare score of your second test with the first to ensure you are not making the same mistakes again and again.

Those trying to improve their writing, this website (ieltsadvantage) has handful of resources in terms of types of topics, essay structure, sentence structure etc.

Those trying to improve speaking, visit this website (ielts-mentor) and print out interview samples. Have someone ask you those questions on daily basis.

For reading, the same website (ielts-mentor) has around 45 reading samples with answers. Practice them all and you will definitely score more than 7 :)

In a nutshell, there is no substitute of hardwork and practice. Practice well and there will be no one stopping you from getting CLB9.

P.S, I followed the same strategy and got L9, R9, W7 and S7.5 on my first IELST attempt.

@Arslanellahi... where did you write an exam? British Council or IDP