+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

Wadaa

Jan 22, 2024
I recently received a request to undergo a medical exam for myself and my family, who are all currently with me. This came as a surprise because we already completed our medical exams when we applied for refugee status in November 2022.

Is it common to be asked for a second medical exam within such a short period? Has anyone else experienced this? Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Star55

Star Member
Jul 6, 2023
I recently received a request to undergo a medical exam for myself and my family, who are all currently with me. This came as a surprise because we already completed our medical exams when we applied for refugee status in November 2022.

Is it common to be asked for a second medical exam within such a short period? Has anyone else experienced this? Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated.
If request I think you should do it . Maybe for Expired medical In some Cases make extension to medical and in some want to do it again .
Can you share complete timeline.

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
Pre Arrival Services letter.
What you passed and what are still in process for you?
I just linked My file one week ago.
I don't know exactly But appears: we are checking your elegibility. I don't know if info sharing is passed. Not appears in My portal and any bar of progress.
Background check in process. Biométrics, medical passed.

gagamohi3

Jun 25, 2024
All 2023 applicants kindly share your timeline here so we could keep tracking our applications submitted this year. I applied online on Feb 2023.

Hopefully IRCC can take a step processing applications faster this year.
I also applied in Mar2023 , Received the acknowledgement from IRCC and background checks has been done. Just to add if anyone has travelled before applying the PR in another country or before coming to canada , They will check all records from that country too.

gagamohi3

Jun 25, 2024
first step is to get a lawyer, if you can't afford a lawyer then call legal aid, they will get you a lawyer and they pay for it. the lawyer will guide you for your next steps. but if you know what to do then you can fill and submit BOC forms online through IRCC portal. Here has full info and instructions: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/claim-protection-inside-canada/apply.html#s12
You can claim itself even without lawyer

Star55

Star Member
Jul 6, 2023
I just linked My file one week ago.
I don't know exactly But appears: we are checking your elegibility. I don't know if info sharing is passed. Not appears in My portal and any bar of progress.
Background check in process. Biométrics, medical passed.
You can Call to IRCC Call Center and ask about your assessment agent explain which one is complete and in progress or not started .