+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Did you received GCMS Notes ?
Is there any change on your file ?
Hi,
I’ve received the notes. Everything is same. Even updated date is same as previous one. Nothing has changed. More than 13 months since we applied but same.

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: P a s s e d
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In Progress
Other Reqs:
Final:

Star55

Star Member
Jul 6, 2023
Hi,
I’ve received the notes. Everything is same. Even updated date is same as previous one. Nothing has changed. More than 13 months since we applied but same.

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: P a s s e d
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In Progress
Other Reqs:
Final:

Thanks for your reply .
I requested and will received 6 July , I think for me the same as you because when I call today the IRCC agent said on progress and noting new - For me 14 months and 12 days no updated

yhel

Jun 18, 2013
Good day!
I hope someone will answer my question.
Our application for PR is still on process, primary applicant is my husband as protected person in Canada. He received an email last Feb. 2024 saying this :
"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a protected person in Canada. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements. " My daughter and I are currently living outside Canada.
My questions are :
1. how long will it take to process the application, the background check, security check?
2. why until now they didn't ask for biometric and medical , me and my daughter. my husband doesn't require biometric because he had bio last year for his working permit.
3. Can I also apply for open work permit or spousal visa while our PR application is still on process?
I check the status online, it still on process. saying these :
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 4, 2022.
  2. We started processing your application on February 24, 2023.
Hope someone can help me. thank you in advance.

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Good day!
Our application for PR is still on process, primary applicant is my husband as protected person in Canada. He received an email last Feb. 2024 saying this :
"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a protected person in Canada. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements. " My daughter and I are currently living outside Canada.
My questions are :
1. how long will it take to process the application, the background check, security check?
2. why until now they didn't ask for biometric and medical , me and my daughter. my husband doesn't require biometric because he had bio last year for his working permit.
3. Can I also apply for open work permit or spousal visa while our PR application is still on process?
1. your husband it self going to get it in 4 5 months and in between your process will start once he gets PR then it will take another 2 4 months for your process to be done
2. you can;t apply for WP or sposul visa as it is already in a queue.
3. your biometric and medical are separate things then your husband but it will start eventually and will move fast.

Good Luck patience is a key.

yhel

Jun 18, 2013
1. your husband it self going to get it in 4 5 months and in between your process will start once he gets PR then it will take another 2 4 months for your process to be done
2. you can;t apply for WP or sposul visa as it is already in a queue.
3. your biometric and medical are separate things then your husband but it will start eventually and will move fast.

Good Luck patience is a key.

Melsi

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
Good day!
My questions are :
Hope you will get the update soon I'm in same boat my dependent didn't receive any response from the VO
Which VO is your dependent application? How you can check your dependent status?

yhel

Jun 18, 2013
Thank you zak86 for your response, really appreciated. you mean I it will take 24 months or 2-4 months? .Since my spouse and I applied at the same time, I assumed that our PR results will come up at the same time, I think our representative also mentioned that. Do you think i will get rejected once i applied for spousal visa? My daughter and I are hoping to spend Christmas with my husband.

Yeah need more patience.

yhel

Jun 18, 2013
Hope you will get the update soon I'm in same boat my dependent didn't receive any response from the VO
Which VO is your dependent application? How you can check your dependent status?
Me and my daughter are the dependent of my husband. i check online thru cic.gc.ca. Check the "how to check your application, then follow the questions being ask. you will ask there your UCI,

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi
I received my GCMS Notes today , Nothing changes to previous one :(
Good morning,
I am sorry to hear that:( I believe they don’t ever touch them and when your turn comes you directly get eligibility and pre arrival letters, etc. Because event last updated date same for me. Probably yours too. Don’t worry. We just need to wait. I know it’s not easy but this is something we can’t manage.