+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

Jaberabed26

Jul 9, 2024
it was from automatic email from mississauga office.
applied november 27-2023
aor 9feb-2024
pre arrival 6march-2024
eligibility letter 18march-2024
office mississauga.
just medical passed. nothing changes since 18 march
Hello crowdl7,

do you have any updates on your application? also, what do you mean pre-arrival 6march-2024 ???

Thank you!!!

Jaberabed26

Jul 9, 2024
it was from automatic email from mississauga office.
applied november 27-2023
aor 9feb-2024
pre arrival 6march-2024
eligibility letter 18march-2024
office mississauga.
just medical passed. nothing changes since 18 march

Hello crowdl7,

do you have any updates? also what do mean pre-arrival 6 March 2024??

Thank you

ahmad12345

Oct 12, 2023

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
Is this processing time for an asylum claimant to become a protected person, or is it for a permanent residency application for someone who has already become a protected person?
i think its for protected person becoming pr? correct me if im wrong

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
Hi,
I called them today. Agent said: medical passed. There is no update. Eligibility has not started yet.
it's weird. it means like there is almost no any updates since they started processing to application.
because when i linked my application to gc key i saw medical passed, medical is valid until xx xx 2025 and then it turned to blank within short time.

i think they are starting to processing and then they are sleeping:).

processing time should not last as like. mostly convention refugee were getting their pr card before covid within 6-8 months.

anyway good luck.

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
it's weird. it means like there is almost no any updates since they started processing to application.
because when i linked my application to gc key i saw medical passed, medical is valid until xx xx 2025 and then it turned to blank within short time.

i think they are starting to processing and then they are sleeping:).

processing time should not last as like. mostly convention refugee were getting their pr card before covid within 6-8 months.

anyway good luck.
Thank you:) I don’t know why it’s blank now but agent said that it says passed still.
After they removed your medical, did you get any update? I mean did they work on your application? Like eligibility letter, etc.

susanamatya

Jul 8, 2024
Hi everyone,

I hope all is well. I am a protected person and need some urgent information from you all. My original work permit expired on April 21st, 2024, but I applied for a work permit extension on February 3rd, 2024. I received a letter on February 4th, 2024, which mentioned that "you are authorized to continue working under the same conditions as your original work permit until August 1st, 2024, or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first." Additionally, my PR application is in process with a timeline of July 23rd, 2024, but no decision has been made yet.

The work permit extension processing time has expired for over three months, and there are only 13 days left until the PR processing timeline ends. However, no decisions have been made regarding either my PR application or my work permit extension. I called an IRCC agent on July 2nd, 2024, and the agent told me that I can continue working after August 1st, 2024, if no decision has been made by then.

Can you advise me on whether I can continue working, or if I might lose my job?

Thank you!

Reactions: Jaberabed26

Jaberabed26

Jul 9, 2024
Hi everyone,

I hope all is well. I am a protected person and need some urgent information from you all. My original work permit expired on April 21st, 2024, but I applied for a work permit extension on February 3rd, 2024. I received a letter on February 4th, 2024, which mentioned that "you are authorized to continue working under the same conditions as your original work permit until August 1st, 2024, or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first." Additionally, my PR application is in process with a timeline of July 23rd, 2024, but no decision has been made yet.

The work permit extension processing time has expired for over three months, and there are only 13 days left until the PR processing timeline ends. However, no decisions have been made regarding either my PR application or my work permit extension. I called an IRCC agent on July 2nd, 2024, and the agent told me that I can continue working after August 1st, 2024, if no decision has been made by then.

Thank you!
He
Hi everyone,

Thank you!

Hello susanamatya,

I had the same situation it's ok, you can continue to work because the application for a work permit is celebrated then your application PR, when they said until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first that means about the letter you've received they extension your work permit automatically for more 6 months because the processing time, your work permit should arrive soon with extension for 2 years at least, I hope my answer helps you to understand, I wish the best for you.

Thank you :)

susanamatya

Jul 8, 2024
He

Hello susanamatya,

I had the same situation it's ok, you can continue to work because the application for a work permit is celebrated then your application PR, when they said until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first that means about the letter you've received they extension your work permit automatically for more 6 months because the processing time, your work permit should arrive soon with extension for 2 years at least, I hope my answer helps you to understand, I wish the best for you.

Thank you :)
thank you so much

Reactions: Jaberabed26