+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2014 APPLICANTS - NOVA SCOTIA NOMINEE PROGRAM(WITHOUT JOB OFFER)

sshehab

Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cherrydhiman said:
When is the summer time in NOVA SCOTIA ?

As per website , they finalize the selection by Summer'14.
i assume it may be on May or June ..

melkhatib

Aug 1, 2011
Frequently Asked Questions
ABOUT THE NOVA SCOTIA REGIONAL LABOUR MARKET DEMAND STREAM
Q: How will I hear whether I’ve made it in or not?
A: The NSOI will contact you if you have been selected as a nominee. We anticipate having all our nominees identified by summer, 2014.

Q. When will I hear if I have been selected as a nominee?
A. We are processing applications which will take some time. We hope to have nominees selected by summer.

Q. What will happen to my application if I’m not nominated?
A. If you’re not selected to be nominated, your application will be returned to you. You are welcome to reapply when the stream re-opens in January 2015.

Q. Why are you returning applications and not keeping them in the queue?
A. Once the 150 nominees are identified, any applications that are not processed will be returned to applicants. This is because the RLMD stream was designed to attract immigrants with the right skills to meet Nova Scotia’s labour needs. Each year, labour market demands may change. It will be important that the pool of applicants match labour market conditions.

Q. Does NSOI have every intention of re-opening the stream in January, 2015?
A. Yes – the NSOI has every intention of opening the stream to new applications on January 1, 2015. However, as we clearly state in our application guides, criteria and the streams under the NS Nominee Program can change quickly so it is the applicants responsibility to consistently check information on the website.

- See more at: http://novascotiaimmigration.com/immigrate/regional-labour-market-demand/faq/#sthash.x9DpOkON.dpuf

melkhatib

Aug 1, 2011
;D

Summer in Nova Scotia
Mid June to mid September: 20 to 25 degrees Celsius (70 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit).

http://www.novascotia.com/about-nova-scotia/weather

So maximum 1st of October everything will be clear

trini_ac

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
Trying to understand why they felt the need to keep the stream open past the 600 applications when they are doing first come first serve basis. Why waste all those people's time preparing applications because obviously on this basis no one who applied after the middle of march is going to get through

melkhatib

Aug 1, 2011
trini_ac said:
Trying to understand why they felt the need to keep the stream open past the 600 applications when they are doing first come first serve basis. Why waste all those people's time preparing applications because obviously on this basis no one who applied after the middle of march is going to get through
Dear I think they want to take the best of best among the 600 so they will get the 150 just assumption maybe

sshehab

Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trini_ac said:
same question in my mind

robbyn

Nov 2, 2012
Immigrate

Nova Scotia Nominee Program

Notice: The Regional Labour Market Demand stream is now closed and will not be accepting any applications that are not received in the office and/or post-marked by end-of-day April 28, 2014.

The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration is processing applications to reach the 150 nominations. Applications are being dealt with on a first-come, first-served basis.

Once the 150 nominees are identified, any applications that are not processed will be returned to applicants.

The stream will open again on January 1st, 2015. Anyone whose application was returned is encouraged to re-apply at that time.
- See more at: http://novascotiaimmigration.com/immigrate/#sthash.WL10h8RP.dpuf

tenkrun10

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-08-2014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-3-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Initial Application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
24-03-2015
Med's Done....
31-03-2015
Interview........
RPRF, PCC, Schedule A Requests on. 02-07-2015.
Passport Req..
21-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015.
LANDED..........
13-01-2016
robbyn said:
Immigrate

Nova Scotia Nominee Program

Notice: The Regional Labour Market Demand stream is now closed and will not be accepting any applications that are not received in the office and/or post-marked by end-of-day April 28, 2014.

The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration is processing applications to reach the 150 nominations. Applications are being dealt with on a first-come, first-served basis.

Once the 150 nominees are identified, any applications that are not processed will be returned to applicants.

The stream will open again on January 1st, 2015. Anyone whose application was returned is encouraged to re-apply at that time.
- See more at: http://novascotiaimmigration.com/immigrate/#sthash.WL10h8RP.dpuf
Lessons learned -
More often that not, when there is smoke, there is fire. Forumers that first shared information about their FN / AOR email where is some cases harassed to prove via an arm and a leg that they actually received the email , KB was too small etc. In addition, someone shared news that at least one person had been nominated and it is likely that the stream will close soon. All this initial information came out to be true including what was initially rumored to be a cap of 150 (later verified to be fact officially). Based on the bits of information, one could conclude weeks ago (with a high degree of confidence) that
1) It was a first come , first reviewed system (only a database, computer driven system will pick the post qualified via points system - Express entry 2015). Time of submission after completeness of application is critical to enhancing chances of being selected
2) Applications without IELTS General are at a disadvantage
3) Applications that show pending application via another PNP program are not being given highest notification priority
4) Law firms appear to have inside info - After seeing the rumor on this forum, I saw something about the cap on a law firm's publication. At the provincial level, there is almost always a cap.

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
Canada - Provincial nomination program is kind of bonus. Any province will open this kind of category for short duration any time.

No need to think too much about Nova Scotia. Would suggest you leave it this program.

Try to focus on new FSW and apply ASAP.

tenkrun10 said:
Lessons learned -
More often that not, when there is smoke, there is fire. Forumers that first shared information about their FN / AOR email where is some cases harassed to prove via an arm and a leg that they actually received the email , KB was too small etc. In addition, someone shared news that at least one person had been nominated and it is likely that the stream will close soon. All this initial information came out to be true including what was initially rumored to be a cap of 150 (later verified to be fact officially). Based on the bits of information, one could conclude weeks ago (with a high degree of confidence) that
1) It was a first come , first reviewed system (only a database, computer driven system will pick the post qualified via points system - Express entry 2015). Time of submission after completeness of application is critical to enhancing chances of being selected
2) Applications without IELTS General are at a disadvantage
3) Applications that show pending application via another PNP program are not being given highest notification priority
4) Law firms appear to have inside info - After seeing the rumor on this forum, I saw something about the cap on a law firm's publication. At the provincial level, there is almost always a cap.

Kafil

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sjulien said:
Canada - Provincial nomination program is kind of bonus. Any province will open this kind of category for short duration any time.

No need to think too much about Nova Scotia. Would suggest you leave it this program.

Try to focus on new FSW and apply ASAP.
@SJulien

Spot On Mate. If you ask me, i would forfeit my NSNP Nomination for a FSWP PER any given day, so those who are meeting the FSWP criteria, don't waste time. This is the last "once in a lifetime golden opportunity" for all of us to apply to FSWP in its existing structure.
Best of Luck to everyone. :D

bob2015

Mar 29, 2014
I don't get it either...why continue to take so many applications until April 28, when it is clear you don't have a ghost of a chance if you submitted anytime say, after March 15?

And on a first come, first serve basis?
Won't this be a definite disadvantage to applicants with a good application who may have submitted later?

Would it not be better to review all applications taken till close date (April 28) and pick the best 150 applications?
I think this would be a much fair system for all clients.

Real waste of effort, more frustration and clear disadvantage for very good applications sent later but still meeting deadline of April 28.

I just don't understand reason for continuing to take hundreds of applications?? :mad:

Appreciate any thoughts on this.

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
one scent here FSW,CEC or any Feral category is going close in future. It could be last chance for every one because Canada immigration is going to strict now a days.

Don't follow this forum too much about Nova Scotia .... as well as they are going to change any requirement on fly
including,
1) IELTS Academic to IELTS General
2) 150 will be for Queue in next year
3) Changed NOC categories and so many things..... for only 150 people.

Those are their assumption so don't trust them.

Kafil said:
@ SJulien

Spot On Mate. If you ask me, i would forfeit my NSNP Nomination for a FSWP PER any given day, so those who are meeting the FSWP criteria, don't waste time. This is the last "once in a lifetime golden opportunity" for all of us to apply to FSWP in its existing structure.
Best of Luck to everyone. :D

cherrydhiman

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
Dear All,

Need advise here then

Now If application will return ( worst case for those whose applications received ) , so later when we applied to FSW , do we mentioned there in form " ever applied to CANADA PR" - YES or NO ????????

nex10

Apr 16, 2014
cherrydhiman said:
Dear All,

Need advise here then

Now If application will return ( worst case for those whose applications received ) , so later when we applied to FSW , do we mentioned there in form " ever applied to CANADA PR" - YES or NO ????????
here are three possible case scenario
case 1- If you receive file no and then rejection at nomination level : have you ever applied for PR - NO; Have you ever applied for nomination in other province - YES
Case 2- If you do not receive even file no and your application gets rejected straight away: you don't have to mention either for PR or for Nomination
case 3- If you get nomination but your file gets rejected by CIC : have you ever applied for PR - Yes; have you ever applied for nomination in other province- Yes

That's my logic. Hope this helps.