+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 (May-November) Parents sponsorship applicants join here

avajurug

Sep 4, 2014
psAug2010 said:
In our case we didn't receive any letter from CIC regarding "pending review".
We just found out about it in GCMS notes. Then we once sent a case-specific inquiry to CIC to which they replied that our file is pending review by an officer.
Can you advise how to send a case-specific inquiry to CIC ? Thanks!

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
avajurug said:
Can you advise how to send a case-specific inquiry to CIC ? Thanks!
For a case specific email you need to insert your application number in the subject matter line of email.

Then at the top of email include:
Last Name
First Name
Date of Birth
UCI number (if known)

Then write your query but keep it brief and to the point.

ksenya

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys!

Please check my signature with update info.

No news for me yet...

dyan29

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Hi everyone.
I'd like to find out if there's anyone who can shed some light on my situation.
I received an email from CIC that my application to sponsor has been approved and file was now sent to CPC Ottawa. I think it was sent there and not to Manila because at the time they asked for additional documents I mentioned my parents are here on a Supervisa. At present, they are in Manila because one of my brothers got married.
1.Does anyone know how long it takes for the request to have medical done etc.
2.Can they do the medical in the Philippines OR should I have them do it here? Would there be any issue either way?

Timeline:
Submitted App to Sponsor: 2011 NOV
Additional Docs Required: 2015 JUL
Additional Docs Submitted: 2015 OCT
Processing Started: 2016 JAN
Approved as Sponsor: 2016 APR

I'd greatly appreciate any insight and goodluck to everyone. I know its been such a long and rigorous process and praying we'd finally get reunited with our parents soon :)

enihpesoj9

Feb 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2011
Doc's Request.
August 2015
AOR Received.
December 2015
File Transfer...
April 2016
Med's Request
June 2016
Med's Done....
June 2016
I'm also waiting like you. I'm sponsoring my mother from Philippines also. Not sure how long I would have to wait formedical request. Just got email this month that they transferred the file in Ottawa. They can have their medical done in the Philippines too. You just have to let CIC know.

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
My mother's passport received after the PR visa stamping. She is right now in Canada. My question is can I drive to U.S. with her and one the re-entry time can it be considered as landing.. Please let me know.

rightback

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jun-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
Mar-2016
Med's Request
May-2016 - Re-Med Mar-2017
Med's Done....
May-2016 Re-Med Apr 2017
Passport Req..
28-April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2017
LANDED..........
18-June-2017
ksenya said:
Hi guys!

Please check my signature with update info.

No news for me yet...
Thanks for updating. My file was transferred to UK- London office. thanks

john_hey

Mar 9, 2016
mats said:
My mother's passport received after the PR visa stamping. She is right now in Canada. My question is can I drive to U.S. with her and one the re-entry time can it be considered as landing.. Please let me know.
yes you can. I know someone that was in US then just drove north to Canada and landed.
However, you need to enter US first. If your mother's current passport requires to get visitor visa to enter US, then you need to get US visa before you can enter US and drive back.

dyan29

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
enihpesoj9 said:
I'm also waiting like you. I'm sponsoring my mother from Philippines also. Not sure how long I would have to wait formedical request. Just got email this month that they transferred the file in Ottawa. They can have their medical done in the Philippines too. You just have to let CIC know.
Hi! Thanks for your reply.
Is your Mom in the Philippines too? Was she here at any point in time during the process? Is that a common practice now that CIC sends the file to Ottawa? Sorry too many questions. Just very anxious and excited at the same time. :D
Btw, when did you get email from CIC re: approval to sponsor?
Anyone who has any idea as to why files are sent to Ottawa and not the local LVO, pls dont hesitate to jump in the convo ;)

psAug2010

Jan 7, 2014
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
August 2010
Doc's Request.
August 2014 Doc's request for reassessment: March 2016
AOR Received.
February 2015
File Transfer...
April 6, 2016 PCC & Doc's request: August 2016 & October 2017
Med's Request
August 2016 & October 2017
Med's Done....
September 2016 & November 2017 PCC submission: October 2016 & November 2017 Background check: In Progress since Dec 21,2016
Passport Req..
February 19, 2018, Passports Submitted: February 22, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
February 28, 2018, Received: March 5, 2018
dyan29 said:
Hi! Thanks for your reply.
Is your Mom in the Philippines too? Was she here at any point in time during the process? Is that a common practice now that CIC sends the file to Ottawa? Sorry too many questions. Just very anxious and excited at the same time. :D
Btw, when did you get email from CIC re: approval to sponsor?
Anyone who has any idea as to why files are sent to Ottawa and not the local LVO, pls dont hesitate to jump in the convo ;)
It seems like applications without dependents are being sent to Ottawa office.

winnipegmb

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
April-2016
Med's Request
May-2016
Med's Done....
May-2016
Passport Req..
June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
July-2016
My parents' application was sent to Abu Dhabi even though there are no dependents. Seems like very few (any?) applications for PGP have made it out to Abu Dhabi so it'd be interesting to see how this pans out timeline-wise.

psAug2010 said:

winnipegmb

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
April-2016
Med's Request
May-2016
Med's Done....
May-2016
Passport Req..
June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
July-2016
Not true re: needing a US visa; look up "flagpoling" - its been discussed quite a bit on this forum. You can also "land" at your local CIC office but will need an appointment. See here for more: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22

john_hey said:
yes you can. I know someone that was in US then just drove north to Canada and landed.
However, you need to enter US first. If your mother's current passport requires to get visitor visa to enter US, then you need to get US visa before you can enter US and drive back.

dyan29

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
psAug2010 said:

thank you psAug2010!
i was really hoping that's the case because I know how long it takes to get things done in the Manila office... :(
also, would you know generally how long it takes after approval of sponsorship to parents getting their PR approved once medical comes back OK? jumping the gun again here, already thinking of when to call my parents back here in Canada lol

john_hey

Mar 9, 2016
winnipegmb said:
Not true re: needing a US visa; look up "flagpoling" - its been discussed quite a bit on this forum. You can also "land" at your local CIC office but will need an appointment. See here for more:
"Note: You must leave Canada, enter another country and re-enter Canada to become a permanent resident at an international airport or Canadian land border. If you need a visa to enter another country before you re-enter Canada, it is up to you to get the visa." (from CIC link)

if you are not from visa exempt countries for US (not Canada), how do you enter to US?
unless I am missing something here.