January 2017
Passport Req..
27February 2017
VISA ISSUED...
3 March 2017
LANDED..........
Yes....
pgp2011 said:
I totally agree. I am 2011 applicant, contacted my MP, my file got approved the following week (this was a month ago). A co-worker of mine went straight up to McCallum's office last month, and the office raised the case with CIC, and she also got approval. In both cases we were told that 2014 applicants are not being processed yet. We pushed back saying that it is not true.

All those who say it is not a right, but a privilege to sponsor our parents and therefore we should keep quiet, I strongly disagree. Even though it is a privilege CIC should still respect the order of applications as they promised to do (first come first serve). Just because it is a privilege, it doesn't mean that 2014 applications can be put in front of 2011 applications. I agree that some applications may be more complicated than others and they may need secondary review and those applications may have longer processing times. However, if your application is straightforward then you shouldn't be put at the back of the line and no one should tell you not to follow up with your MP or with the Immigration Minister's office. Remember that even a month's delay in receiving sponsorship approval may mean that several hundred people who applied after you will receive visas before you, and you may be put in the following year's annual quota. So a month's delay in receiving sponsorship approval is not necessarily a month's delay in receiving visa - even one month's delay of sponsorship approval could very well translate into up to a year's delay in receiving visa. Good luck everyone.

[so worried after reading all this information....so unfair....we should stand up together for our right ..where clearly we deserve...thanks

Vik74

Oct 14, 2015
Hi Sidluck7,

My parents received an email from LVO yesterday asking them to ready a few documents including PCC again. The same email said that the request for medical is being sent separately and all the documents including medicals has to be sent back to LVO within 60 days.

Did your parents receive any such email from LVO? you have mentioned that you received the email request for the medical and not your parents.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Vik74 said:
Hi Sidluck7,

My parents received an email from LVO yesterday asking them to ready a few documents including PCC again. The same email said that the request for medical is being sent separately and all the documents including medicals has to be sent back to LVO within 60 days.

Did your parents receive any such email from LVO? you have mentioned that you received the email request for the medical and not your parents.
Your LVO is Ottawa, so did they ask you to submit PCC again. Have you already send PCC to Mississauga earlier.

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
aresham said:
I don't want to guess your motivation for discouraging people to seek help if they treated unfair by CIC. when you call CIC, they deny any 2014 files were processed. The fact is 2014 files were reviewed/processed/approved before May-Nov 2011 files were treated the same. I know some 2014 application might not like it, but the truth is; there are annual limited visa for parents sponsorship and we were ahead of 2014 applicants. Our files should be processed first; unless there is a missing part in application or any obstacle. There are always people like you that accuse whoever is speaking out for dividing. Sorry pal, it is raining out there and I am not discouraged by your ####. For anyone who wants to seek help in this wrong doing, you can contact the MPs involve in these matters and if we couldn't raise the issue then we can ask media to put some light in this.

Minister of Immigration (John McCallum): minister@cic.gc.ca
Conservative Immigration Critic (Michelle Rempel): Michelle.Rempel@parl.gc.ca
NDP Critic for Immigration (Jenny Kwan): Jenny.Kwan.C1@parl.gc.ca

Good Luck all
I totally agree with you, in my case I have filled up the documentation that was provided on CIC web site in the month of Jun – Aug 2011 to sponsor parents, it was filled up the best possible correctness.
Do not have financial issues, we had three times the financial limit, small family size, but my file is still stuck in the queue.
I totally agree its un-fair seeing someone who has applied in 2014 and their case being processed while I am still waiting to get into the Processing Queue (GCMS and call center and web site says my file has not been opened yet, as of 10th Apr 2016)
I totally agree there is yearly quota for PR for parents, and people of 2014 being allotted form that quote
We should not be blamed for new documentation request.
can you help me, I would like to the minister and file my complaint, I am asking for a fair process / treatment when those privileges are being served.

MOONGS

Star Member
May 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vik74 said:
Hi Sidluck7,

That's Cool. Can you share your timelines please.

I checked ecas today and not sure why Permanent Residence application status changed from "In Process" to "Application received". Hoping to get Medical email from Ottawa soon since i got my approval in March.

Cheers,
Moongs

Vik74

Oct 14, 2015
Yes my file was transferred to CPC Ottawa after sponsorship approval but the email that was sent to my parents came from the 'Immigration Section' in LVO - New Delhi.

Yes, i had submitted the PCC earlier with the additional documents in Aug last year.

They have requested for a bunch of other documents also. PCC is one of them.

Vik74

Oct 14, 2015
Applied - Aug 2011
AOR - Feb 2013
Additional Documents requested - July 2015
Additional Documents sent - Aug 2015
AOR - Oct 2015
Sponsorship approval/ File transferred to CPC Ottawa - 6th Apr 2016
Email from LVO, New Delhi - 18th April 2016

On line status for my application was only changed to 'in Process' last week. Prior to that it kept showing 'Application received'.

MOONGS

Star Member
May 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vik74 said:
Applied - Aug 2011
AOR - Feb 2013
Additional Documents requested - July 2015
Additional Documents sent - Aug 2015
AOR - Oct 2015
Sponsorship approval/ File transferred to CPC Ottawa - 6th Apr 2016
Email from LVO, New Delhi - 18th April 2016

On line status for my application was only changed to 'in Process' last week. Prior to that it kept showing 'Application received'.
Thanks Vik. Are your parents currently with you in Canada? I guess so since your file has been transferred to Ottawa.

Has the LVO asked you send the additional docs including PCC to NEw Delhi or Ottawa?

Moongs

Diudiu-Van

May 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
Doc's Request.
Jul 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
Mar 2016
Any one file transferred to Ottawa got medical request???

Vik74

Oct 14, 2015
MOONGS said:
Thanks Vik. Are your parents currently with you in Canada? I guess so since your file has been transferred to Ottawa.

Has the LVO asked you send the additional docs including PCC to NEw Delhi or Ottawa?

Moongs
Np Moongs,

No, my parents are not here with me.

Yes, my parents have been advised to send all the documents including medicals within 60 days to 'Immigration Section, New Delhi'.

It looks like CPC Ottawa is transferring cases to LVO.

gursikhphysio

Star Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2011
AOR Received.
4-01-2013
File Transfer...
01-09-2015
Med's Request
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
08-09-2015
Passport Req..
May 17 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 7th 2016
LANDED..........
June 21st 2016
There is some movement in 2011 cases but I am not sure which way it is going. People who say single parent sponsorship is fast, might be disappointed. My application is for one parent but still not much movement in my case. :( :(

avajurug

Sep 4, 2014
kcdasoju said:
I am behind you, about one to one and a half month in terms of Additional Document submission (26th Nov 2015) and receipt of acknowledgement (i.e. 24th Feb 2016). And I have not received any information.
As per GCMS Notes and as per my conversation with CPC-M my case is still in waiting queue (i.e. its status is Open) as of yesterday.
Thank you!

avajurug

Sep 4, 2014
aresham said:
It is very interesting to see how 2014 parent sponsorship applicants are being approved while we are sitting in limbo. Good for 2014 applicant and I can say it is not fair.
I must have missed reading some posts. Are there any cases where 2014 files were processed before our 2011 files? Are we sure this happened?

Anthony42

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
avajurug said:
I must have missed reading some posts. Are there any cases where 2014 files were processed before our 2011 files? Are we sure this happened?
Yes you can be sure. I am 2014 applicant. It's not first in first out its first in first started to process. because 2011 applications needed some extra paperwork your applications don't move as smooth as 2014.

ksenya

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anthony42 said:
Yes you can be sure. I am 2014 applicant. It's not first in first out its first in first started to process. because 2011 applications needed some extra paperwork your applications don't move as smooth as 2014.
It's not true that we need to submit extra documents...