24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
winnipegmb said:
I truly believe CIC owes me nothing. My parents being granted PR isn't some right, its a privilege.
Sponsoring our parents is not a privilege, its our right

it’s an immigrants legal right and it’s covered under international immigration legal framework.

Please note right to family reunification if clearly addressed under Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international covenants and treaties. That is the reason why they can’t stop but they can delay the process.

Don’t forget we were provided Immigration to this country based on Points Systems, which means our parents / and the country that has raised us as donated two solid working horses to this nation.

winnipegmb

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
April-2016
Med's Request
May-2016
Med's Done....
May-2016
Passport Req..
June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
July-2016
We'll just have to agree to disagree ...

I found no evidence of any "international immigration legal framework" that you speak of, nor do the Universal Declaration of Human Rights enshrine anything about reuniting older parents with adult children (displaced refugees, families split with due to war, adopted children etc. are a different story).

CIC *CAN* stop the reunification if you don't qualify, they wouldn't be able to if this was truly your universal right as an immigrant as you say. No one "donated two solid working horses to this nation", you made a conscious decision to move here because of lack of opportunities in your country of birth or perceived better life here in Canada.

Processing times were already up to 6 years back in 2011, you applied knowing full and well that this isn't a quick application. Not saying that waiting this long is ok, just saying you knew when you applied. Compare that to the 22+ years of delay that you're responsible for, for not applying when you got here in 1994.

kcdasoju said:

it’s an immigrants legal right and it’s covered under international immigration legal framework.

Please note right to family reunification if clearly addressed under Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international covenants and treaties. That is the reason why they can’t stop but they can delay the process.

Don’t forget we were provided Immigration to this country based on Points Systems, which means our parents / and the country that has raised us as donated two solid working horses to this nation.

gursikhphysio

Star Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2011
AOR Received.
4-01-2013
File Transfer...
01-09-2015
Med's Request
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
08-09-2015
Passport Req..
May 17 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 7th 2016
LANDED..........
June 21st 2016
Guys, we just have to trust the system. I think it depends on what kind of case manager you get. Some are very diligent and some are not.

Harrie

Nov 4, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Sep 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 2016
File Transfer...
Sep 2016
How many months typically takes from acknowledge letter to sponsorship approval??

Diudiu-Van

May 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
Doc's Request.
Jul 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
Mar 2016
Harrie said:
How many months typically takes from acknowledge letter to sponsorship approval??
here is my timeline:

mid aug 2015, send in additional docs
end sep 2015, AOR received
end dec 2015, Ecas showed in process
04 mar 2016, sponsorship approved.

timeline is different case by case
good luck!

ravi@yahoo

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
Dec2016
Med's Request
January 2017
Med's Done....
January 2017
Passport Req..
27February 2017
VISA ISSUED...
3 March 2017
LANDED..........
Yes....
Diudiu-Van said:
here is my timeline:

mid aug 2015, send in additional docs
end sep 2015, AOR received
end dec 2015, Ecas showed in process
04 mar 2016, sponsorship approved.

timeline is different case by case
good luck!
hi just want to know .Do u have any brother or sister in your application or just parents

NN2KIUE

Feb 27, 2016
kcdasoju said:

Sponsoring ones parent is a right but the decision may/may not be in your favor.. just like fighting a traffic ticket is your right, but the judge will be making the final decision..

but when we talk about immigration (whether skilled individual, parents, spouse etc).. it is not a right but a privilege.. and if you think it is a right; how can they deny an application based on medical conditions or other reasons??

one should be thankful to Canada for giving thousands of individuals the opportunity to come here and let their families reunite.. unfortunately, some people start demanding like Canada owe them something..

Diudiu-Van

May 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
Doc's Request.
Jul 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
Mar 2016
ravi@yahoo said:
hi just want to know .Do u have any brother or sister in your application or just parents
no siblings, just my parents~~

ravi@yahoo

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
Dec2016
Med's Request
January 2017
Med's Done....
January 2017
Passport Req..
27February 2017
VISA ISSUED...
3 March 2017
LANDED..........
Yes....
Diudiu-Van said:
no siblings, just my parents~~
hi thanks for reply...i think its true as i heard....
people who has no siblings in their application will get approval first...because cic has less to process...thanks again and good luck...

RoyalNS

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
ravi@yahoo said:
people who has no siblings in their application will get approval first...because cic has less to process...thanks again and good luck...
Thats what it looks like. I also found that if you applied for only your either Mom/Dad it is faster than apply for both parents.

been.bittu

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 2011
Doc's Request.
JULY 2014
AOR Received.
OCT 2014
File Transfer...
MARCH 2016
Med's Request
APRIL 2016
Med's Done....
APRIL 2016
Passport Req..
NOV 2016
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2016
LANDED..........
DEC 2016
Hi guys

NEED HELP

My file transferred to LVO on march 2016 now I realize that my mom's date of birth is wrong its showing me its 23 but actually it's 13 so now what go do???????
I call LVO they said they r not getting any personal information on phone and I email them no answer from them. I call cic and they said I have to ask LVO abt that becoz cic doesn't have my data anymore .
Pls guys I need help as soon as possible. Thanks

pgp2011

Mar 16, 2016
Send LVO a letter explaining the mistake by also stating the file number and UCI.

been.bittu said:
Hi guys

NEED HELP

My file transferred to LVO on march 2016 now I realize that my mom's date of birth is wrong its showing me its 23 but actually it's 13 so now what go do???????
I call LVO they said they r not getting any personal information on phone and I email them no answer from them. I call cic and they said I have to ask LVO abt that becoz cic doesn't have my data anymore .
Pls guys I need help as soon as possible. Thanks

been.bittu

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 2011
Doc's Request.
JULY 2014
AOR Received.
OCT 2014
File Transfer...
MARCH 2016
Med's Request
APRIL 2016
Med's Done....
APRIL 2016
Passport Req..
NOV 2016
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2016
LANDED..........
DEC 2016
My dad posted a letter with all proof like copy of birthday certificate and also pp copy etc on 9th apr 2016 but so far no reply
Thanks for help

Diudiu-Van

May 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
Doc's Request.
Jul 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
Mar 2016
ravi@yahoo said:
is it true? don't know that before...
good luck too!

winnipegmb

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
April-2016
Med's Request
May-2016
Med's Done....
May-2016
Passport Req..
June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
July-2016
Just received sponsorship approval from CPC-M via email. Only parents are on file, no siblings etc., file has been transferred to Abu Dhabi.
Hope others that are waiting for approval get it soon as well.