+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 and 2012 Applicants

drakef2000

Oct 25, 2011
Hi Janoo,
I told you that we are in the same boat. I am pretty sure they started your back
Ground check on March 20 like me as they
Send it as group.
It usually takes 4-6 weeks
We will receive response in the next 2-3 weeks
Do not waste your time by calling them.
Just wait for 2-3 weeks before calling again

walrus189

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
A note from my ATIP states the following:

"RQ case-preliminary review completed; referred to level 2 decision maker for final decision. cd-cen/on"

Did anybody have similar notes on their ATIP or know what this means?

I also called CIC and the officer read me the same note. The note is dated in February; how long does it take for them to make a decision?

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey walrus189
To be honest I think it takes them probably roughly 2 -3 months maybe even less, I tried to compare the decision making to my husbands ATIP from the date it was assigned to someone to the date it got approved and granted it took them 2 months and 9 days.

I think the note on your ATIP is a good news it shows your file is being processed and may be transferred anytime to ur local office

walrus189

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Jabuela said:
Hey walrus189
To be honest I think it takes them probably roughly 2 -3 months maybe even less, I tried to compare the decision making to my husbands ATIP from the date it was assigned to someone to the date it got approved and granted it took them 2 months and 9 days.

I think the note on your ATIP is a good news it shows your file is being processed and may be transferred anytime to ur local office
Thanks Jabuela. I appreciate your input. What were the notes that followed the one that states the file being assigned to an officer in your husband's ATIP?

canciti

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I ordered ATIP and didn`t receive any email yet after 30 days has been passed. What could be the reason? Does anyone know? thanks

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The same for me. How do we do a follow up on ATIP?

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC today and they told me that my RQ is sent to Montreal. What does that even mean? and why are they sending it to Montreal? I thought they will be processing it in the local office in Edmonton? Please share your thoughts.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenium said:
I called CIC today and they told me that my RQ is sent to Montreal. What does that even mean? and why are they sending it to Montreal? I thought they will be processing it in the local office in Edmonton? Please share your thoughts.
They sent mine to Montreal from St.Clair. My local office is Scarborough. I thought it was for load balancing. But directing all applications there is going to create a bottle neck there. Did you get RQ? Can you please share your timeline? Mine got transferred to Montreal on Apr 9 ,2015

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chikloo said:
They sent mine to Montreal from St.Clair. My local office is Scarborough. I thought it was for load balancing. But directing all applications there is going to create a bottle neck there. Did you get RQ? Can you please share your timeline? Mine got transferred to Montreal on Apr 9 ,2015
Not sure if all cases are transferred from St. Clair to Montreal or just some. I should call the call center and find out if mine is transferred too. I think it is a positive sign since maybe the staff at Montreal are more efficient than St. Clair.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My time line is in my signature.

How long should I expect for the RQ to be processed in Montreal?

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenium said:
My time line is in my signature.

How long should I expect for the RQ to be processed in Montreal?
No one can tell you a definite answer. Some people's RQ has been processed within months . For others,like me, it is a matter of years. I have submitted my RQ almost one and half years ago and haven't heard anything back.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess I am trying to understand the steps in processing RQs and why it is being transferred to Montreal, while my local office is Edmonton. When my file reaches Montreal, how long will it take to be assigned to an officer? Approximately ofcourse.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenium said:
I guess I am trying to understand the steps in processing RQs and why it is being transferred to Montreal, while my local office is Edmonton. When my file reaches Montreal, how long will it take to be assigned to an officer? Approximately ofcourse.
I think that the CIC administration of citizenship processes has been chaotic. That means that we can't use the past to predict the future. For 2009-2012 applicants RQ resulted in a very long wait, usually close to or more than 3 years (some cases even 5+ years). Since 2013 CIC changed their method and some RQ applicant were processed faster. I have event seen posts from more recent applicants who claim that their RQ was processed within weeks. Bottom line: there is no way to know except hope for the best.