2011 and 2012 Applicants

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
Hi Jabuela.

Thanks for your detail up date.... we all are in same ship... hope to get some

good news my entire family is Canadian and I am the only one who waiting...

any progress update on forum..

thanks.
You and me the same. I am the black sheep of the family :D.

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ItkExpert said:
Hi,

Just wondering, how come you received the citizenship and your husband is being delayed? I'm only asking because I am in the same circumstances with my wife...
hi
The reason I received my citizen before my husband is because we decided to apply at different time separately I wasn't sure if I wanted to become a citizen until I had my first child. He applied before me by a year and got an RQ that was when most RQ's were handed out. I guess it was the right decision otherwise I would have been waiting too with him.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi... Monday sun shine hope for the best this week.... am going to call cic
this afternoon ?? suggest all 2011-2012 waiting should call now on regular basis.

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It was a lovely day with no any news and no luck in getting hold of a CIC officer . High volume calls is it reall or just a recording so they don't have to deal with us ... I will give it a try tomorrow again. Fingers cross

drakef2000

Oct 25, 2011
I talked to CIC today.she told me that they have send my RCM and back ground check
On March 20 as it was expired.she said this is a very good sign and they will schedule me for test when they receive the clearances.
This is a good news for Janoo as well as I am sure we have same timeline.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
janoo said:
Have call twice CIC but due to high volume not able to talk will

try again tomorrow.
here is a trick.
call 1-888-242-2100 and press 4 and 0. If the system says that due to high call volume the call can't be transferred to an agent, then just hang up and call again and press 4 and then 0. You may have to repeat the steps 5-25 times and try until system puts you on hold to talk to an agent.

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
here is a trick.
call 1-888-242-2100 and press 4 and 0. If the system says that due to high call volume the call can't be transferred to an agent, then just hang up and call again and press 4 and then 0. You may have to repeat the steps 5-25 times and try until system puts you on hold to talk to an agent.
I will try this for sure tomorrow

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today is a lovely sunny day but I am so mad at the CIC officer whom we talked to. I can't believe it how they take people for granted. Anyways the whole day been trying to call to check if there is any update and this guy I don't know if he was new at his job, or a lazy one anyways we asked if any update and he told us that our file is still in St-Clair and not yet transferred to Scarborough.., I went blank and said what... He said the background check delayed l... Anyways we told him how come we were told it was in Scarborough sometimes in February and we were waiting for ceremony. Also the ATIP is saying it was transferred to Scarborough. I'm so confused with what's happening I just wish to go do the job for them. They r getting into my nerves ... Anyways I'm trying to call again but there is high volume which I am assuming it's just a way for them not to answer calls. So many pissed off people and they don't even know what and how to answer the questions. In fact they run out of excuses

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi... do not up set consider this is our routine call every alternative day and get
a different CIC people to talk one day our journey will be end I have a firm believe.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jabuela said:
Today is a lovely sunny day but I am so mad at the CIC officer whom we talked to. I can't believe it how they take people for granted. Anyways the whole day been trying to call to check if there is any update and this guy I don't know if he was new at his job, or a lazy one anyways we asked if any update and he told us that our file is still in St-Clair and not yet transferred to Scarborough.., I went blank and said what... He said the background check delayed l... Anyways we told him how come we were told it was in Scarborough sometimes in February and we were waiting for ceremony. Also the ATIP is saying it was transferred to Scarborough. I'm so confused with what's happening I just wish to go do the job for them. They r getting into my nerves ... Anyways I'm trying to call again but there is high volume which I am assuming it's just a way for them not to answer calls. So many pissed off people and they don't even know what and how to answer the questions. In fact they run out of excuses
By the way I had a similar experience. Some call center agents are more professional than other. For example, one time I called and a very nice lady answered. When I asked for an update she put me on hold for a few minutes and then she when she came back she said "let me check I haven't missed something" and gave a comprehensive and accurate update.

More recently I called and a nice but non professional \lazy agent answered. After she gave me the regular BS about "36 months for non routine cases" I asked for more specific details, like my file was assigned to an officer or not etc. . She then said "ok let me check", and after no more than 3 seconds she came back with the standard and uninformative answer "your file is still in St. Clair". Obviously she did not look through my file at all and she just pretended to be looking. As I learned in the first case an agent who genuinely wants to give information will take more than 3 seconds to look through your file. Anyone who received ATIP notes knows that there are many details in the file and it takes at least a minute to figure out what is going on.

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
Best option is ATIP.. call center agents can't be trusted , they lie many times.
Today the call center agent told me if every time i order ATIP then my file is moved away from the Officer. This will delay my application

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is unfortunately typical of CIC, they often give people conflicting information either deliberately or because they are incompetent. I would worry too much about what the agent told you today, if the ATIP report says your file was transferred to Scarborough, chances are it was probably transferred there.

Jabuela said:

janoo

May 16, 2014
HI.. Today I spoke to CIC now they are saying my file waiting for back ground check once

finish than next step... file enter into 40 months , earlier they were stating file

under officer review ?? any idea how long it will take for back ground check ???