+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2006 DAMASCUS APPLICANTS

armintaba

Aug 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cooldoc80 said:
Could you explain please what you mean by that , do you mean you asked to change your address when you send them the Update!!

or otherwise why everybody is checking the CIC site what is there to be changesd????
No my friend I didn't ask them to do anything. Apparently, they have read the forms and found out the new address is different from previously then changed it.

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Hi All,

Regarding the one that received an email from CIC telling him that they sent him the medicals, its not standard operating procedures to send email notifications as some said earlier, so in my opinion he initiated the email by sending them a case specific inquiry and they replied that they sent him the medicals and he should expect them.

Dam2006 yes true, there are some 2004 applicants that still didnt receive visa or even some others medical, but they are few and might have special reasons, but most of them (2004) have finalized their cases.

Now 2005 most of them are receiving visa now, and there are also few that didnt receive medicals yet.
While 2005 are receiving Passport request/VIsa, us 2006 should start receiving medicals, and 2007 should start receiving update letters, and the process goes on in this cycle.

Checking online status for old applicants is not very beneficial, because it doesnt provide details, but for new applicants they are receiving details for every step on their online status.

BR

Diako

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Warsaw (originally Damascus)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-FEB-2006
Doc's Request.
04-JUL-2010
File Transfer...
28-APR-2010
youskal said:
Hi All,

Regarding the one that received an email from CIC telling him that they sent him the medicals, its not standard operating procedures to send email notifications as some said earlier, so in my opinion he initiated the email by sending them a case specific inquiry and they replied that they sent him the medicals and he should expect them.

Dam2006 yes true, there are some 2004 applicants that still didnt receive visa or even some others medical, but they are few and might have special reasons, but most of them (2004) have finalized their cases.

Now 2005 most of them are receiving visa now, and there are also few that didnt receive medicals yet.
While 2005 are receiving Passport request/VIsa, us 2006 should start receiving medicals, and 2007 should start receiving update letters, and the process goes on in this cycle.

Checking online status for old applicants is not very beneficial, because it doesnt provide details, but for new applicants they are receiving details for every step on their online status.

BR
Thanks for this enlightening infọ, but what if they send the medicals to an applicant and the medicals get lost or are not delivered for any reason. In this hypothetical but likely situation, the applicant will wait forever without ever knowing that they sent the medicals. Do they send the medicals by a special mail service?

alb07

Jan 9, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-sep-2013
Dear every body. I'm Oct 2007 FSW appl. Concerning my 2nd languge, do i have 2 also take a test if stated in my appl. That i only know some basics. Thanks 4 any hints & goodluck 2 u all.

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Dear All,

@Diako, its a possibility that sometimes mail get lost (irrelevant of the source of mail), I guess that when a certain period passes, and u don't get any communication from CIC, you should contact them. For example, current average waiting time (according to postings) between phase to phase is 6 month (UL-->Medical-->Passport Request), one shoulnt wait longer than 6 months before communicating with a case specific inquiry, that's my opinion, and this is limited to ppl that got UL, so this is following UL receipt. (since we waited 5 years for UL not 6 months).....for new applicants, its a six to six months average wait period between phase to phase, those ppl (new rules applicants) are getting visa within 1.5 to 2 years.

@alb07, to be honest, even if you stated basic which reflects a sort of honesty reporting ur true language proficiency level, it always goes back to the IO, he has the power to give u no points if there is no proof, and sometimes they do give points on second language even if you didnt provide proof, but for 1st language its manadatory to have the exam. For this point this is my analysis as I didn't read any thread regarding this particular subject.

BR

armintaba

Aug 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A couple of days ago I read something in an Iranian forum about someone who had submitted a proof of french language which had been taken from an institute where she had taken a french course in Iran and was expecting canadin officer to grant her 2 points for that. I wondered a lot since I never heard that extraordinary poofs like that give us some points. whats your view of it?

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
maybe, but the only 2 official exams recognized by CIC are the IELTS and TEF, which are based on objective marks and fixed points according to a set value, anything else would be based and relies on the subjective outlook of the IO.

BR

Diako

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Warsaw (originally Damascus)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-FEB-2006
Doc's Request.
04-JUL-2010
File Transfer...
28-APR-2010
Which date would count?

I was talking to a friend of mine who migrated to Canada about 7 years ago. I asked him what date would count if I updated my docs and then sent my PCCs a bit later. He said he was sure that the first date, at which the bulk of the docs were received, would count as the date of updating.

This is further corroborated by the fact that the Ca. Emb. in Warsaw asked me to send my docs and send the PCCs later. It felt like they were about to reserve a spot for me in the line and that this would facilitate things.

armintaba

Aug 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NOTE:

My new address that has been changed to the latest one according to my form has been disappeared from the cic page. I dont know why, but I just know it's happened to some Iraninas in iranian forum as well. It may be their new format or whatever I dont know really

armintaba

Aug 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please say something, anybody here had the same thing with a disappeared mailing address?

Ali_hgh

Star Member
Feb 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine is intact.
It might be some sort of a glitch in their program.
Don't worry if they want to contact you they do have a hard copy of your mailing address in submitted forms.
Just relax and wait for medical forms.
BR

armintaba

Aug 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok thanks, but let me ask you something. have any changes been made in your addresses since you sent them the updated documents, because the address disappearing's only happened to those whose addresses have been updated.