+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

Feb 1, 2024
Hello everyone,

I got my IRCC Permanent Residency confirmation email on Jan 22, 2024. I replied back to the same email with all the required information on the same day and even got an automated reply.

On Monday, Jan 29, 2024, I got a new email from IRCC with the subject line : PR Portal (PR confirmation) - New Case Created Under Your Account which says "To view and action this case log into your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account with your current log-in credentials."

Since there is no credential received, how should I proceed further after this email? Should I wait for the credentials or contact IRCC on the given email ID on the invitation letter?

Thank you in advance

Pradhi_07

Star Member
Jul 4, 2022
Hello everyone,

I got my IRCC Permanent Residency confirmation email on Jan 22, 2024. I replied back to the same email with all the required information on the same day and even got an automated reply.

On Monday, Jan 29, 2024, I got a new email from IRCC with the subject line : PR Portal (PR confirmation) - New Case Created Under Your Account which says "To view and action this case log into your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account with your current log-in credentials."

Since there is no credential received, how should I proceed further after this email? Should I wait for the credentials or contact IRCC on the given email ID on the invitation letter?

Thank you in advance
If you already have the PR account with the same email, you can login with the existing credentials and complete the rest of the process.

Feb 1, 2024
If you already have the PR account with the same email, you can login with the existing credentials and complete the rest of the process.
But I am unable to see Permanent Resident Confirmation tab. In my account there is no such tab to upload my photo?? In this case how should I proceed??

Pradhi_07

Star Member
Jul 4, 2022
Reactions: Sravya Ramisetty

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance
Check the email you got before this.
It would start with your name, UCI no.. scroll little down and you can find username and password there.

HariMadhav

Jan 10, 2024
Hi guys, need help!
I received my eCOPR on Jan 10th 2024 but upon download, I noticed that I only have the client copy in the pdf. The IRCC copy is nowhere to be found. Is this something I should be worried about? Thanks in advance for your valuable input!

Olena_Ukraine

Jan 26, 2024
Hello, just want to ask if anyone here is on the same boat as me...
We submitted our PR application using the new PR portal, last December 24 I received an email from IRCC telling that our application was approved. That said email said hit Reply to send our details, which I did on the very same day. Today I received a 2nd notice email from IRCC bearing the exact information requested on the 1st email. Would you happed to have any idea as to what should I be doing next? I still do not see a PR Confirmation tab in my PR portal account, should I wait for it or I need to start my PR card application by myself? Thank you in advance!

Hi!
I have received the same 2nd notice.
What does it mean and what to do?

subsab22

Feb 5, 2024
Hi,
I received my PR more than 2 years ago. I am currently in the process of applying for my citizenship.
Back when I received my PR, I must have accepted it while I am outside of Canada because I received my PR before I returned back to Canada. I dont remember how this happened but I entered back to Canada with no problem.
Right now when Im applying to the citizenship and entering my vacation days outside of Canada, it tells me that for one of the vacations return date is after I received the PR and it doesnt allow me to enter that.
Example: Vacation date July 22-August 10 2021
PR since: July 31 2022

The application tells me the return date has to be before July 31st.

What should I do?

Olena_Ukraine

Jan 26, 2024
Hello, just want to ask if anyone here is on the same boat as me...
We submitted our PR application using the new PR portal, last December 24 I received an email from IRCC telling that our application was approved. That said email said hit Reply to send our details, which I did on the very same day. Today I received a 2nd notice email from IRCC bearing the exact information requested on the 1st email. Would you happed to have any idea as to what should I be doing next? I still do not see a PR Confirmation tab in my PR portal account, should I wait for it or I need to start my PR card application by myself? Thank you in advance!
Hi friend,
I receive email with title Second Notice as well. It was Portal 1.
Let me know what is your next story was and did you receive Portal 2?

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
Hi guys, need help!
I received my eCOPR on Jan 10th 2024 but upon download, I noticed that I only have the client copy in the pdf. The IRCC copy is nowhere to be found. Is this something I should be worried about? Thanks in advance for your valuable input!
Thats strange because there definitely should be the IRCC copy. The ECOPR is a 2 page document for sure. You may need to raise a webform or call IRCC for this. They may need to just re-issue the doc. But your PR status and the technical details like PR number etc will not change.

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
Hi,
I received my PR more than 2 years ago. I am currently in the process of applying for my citizenship.
Back when I received my PR, I must have accepted it while I am outside of Canada because I received my PR before I returned back to Canada. I dont remember how this happened but I entered back to Canada with no problem.
Right now when Im applying to the citizenship and entering my vacation days outside of Canada, it tells me that for one of the vacations return date is after I received the PR and it doesnt allow me to enter that.
Example: Vacation date July 22-August 10 2021
PR since: July 31 2022

The application tells me the return date has to be before July 31st.

What should I do?
You need to raise a webform with a letter of explanation. Include the earlier communications from 2 years back from IRCC and your travel details and explain to them what happened. Or better still, you want to check with a lawyer since this could get complicated.

kiran0827

Feb 11, 2024
I also have an account in the PR portal which was created when I submitted my application. I got the 1st PR confirmation email on 26th January 2024. In my reply I didn't mention I have an account in the PR portal and gave another email id, Today I got an automictic response message as below:

This email is to notify you that a new permanent residence confirmation case has been created under your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account.

To view and action this case log into your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account with your current log-in credentials.

Copy and paste this link into your browser to sign in to the PR Portal: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

For additional information on using the PR Portal to confirm your status as a permanent resident and receive your PR card, copy and paste this link into your browser: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html.

I already logged in to my account with my old credentials but didn’t find the Permanent Residence Confirmation tab. Should I create the account with the email ID given to them while replying to the PR confirmation email?

pkathan1998

Dec 16, 2023
Hello
I received my eCOPR today. Can I link my PR CARD APPLICATION to GCKEY now? Thanks. Also, Can I renew my Indian Passport now or Will I have to wait till I get my PR CARD?