+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Counterfoil Document Invalid status

canada_pls_let_me_in

Jan 4, 2021
It will not be revoked rather they will invalid your counterfoil and once you submit the medical through webform they will validate it. And tvalidation takes two months. And you must email to high commission gor sending you ime number.. in case tbey are sending mails then chey thoroughly it must be mentioned somewhere in email
Will they update only counterfoil status in GCKey?
Or will they also update medicals passed date/send you an email? Confused on how to know that they processed new medicals

singlarun

Jan 22, 2018
How long will it be take to get the counterfoil valid from invalid after this acknowledgement from the IRCC (Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s).We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.)?

Webform raised on July 3 and acknowledgement received on July 19 but counterfoil still showing invalid.

diamondspark

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Does this apply to students whose medicals were extended by the IRCC?

My case-
Term - Fall 2021
7th Feb - applied for visa
14th Feb - medical passed
24th Feb - medical expired; same day status changed to medical not required
14th April - medical passed
15th April - received ppr

As seen, I wasnt requested a new medical, but ircc probably extended my medicals and only then issued a ppr

Do I also have to get a new medical done to be eligible for travel for fall 2021 term? Or will I gave the same issue (invalid counterfoil)?
Hi! My medicals were extended too. It's active right now but they were originally take over a year ago. What was your situation? Were you able to travel?

diamondspark

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
How long will it be take to get the counterfoil valid from invalid after this acknowledgement from the IRCC (Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s).We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.)?

Webform raised on July 3 and acknowledgement received on July 19 but counterfoil still showing invalid.
How long did it take for you? Hoping you have travelled by now.

Arshdeep 1602

Oct 15, 2021
I have applied for canada one half year ago , my medical was expired in July 2021 and I got my ppr in September 2021 , I had my medical resumed in sep but now I am facing issue of counterfoil document invalid . Please help!

mohit.cd

Aug 3, 2018
I have applied for canada one half year ago , my medical was expired in July 2021 and I got my ppr in September 2021 , I had my medical resumed in sep but now I am facing issue of counterfoil document invalid . Please help!
If you recently did your medical and haven't provided the document, I would advice to send your medical document via IRCC webform ASAP. Once you will provide that document it can take 40-60 days to change status to valid.

dumbhotpotato

Oct 5, 2021
Hi All,

I had my study visa approved in March 2021 and got passport stamped with counterfoil document number.
I have booked a flight for next week on 25th April but I checked in my gcckey site that the counterfoil document status is updated as "Your document is invalid".
What should I do now? I have sent webform. Does anyone know how long it would take, will I have to submit my passport again for stamping.
Please help , urgent issue.
how long did it take for you before it got valid again? kinda have the same situation and have done my medical 2 weeks ago. panel physician sent it last thursday. still no update. webform and email, tried them all, no response.

Senjuti Ghosh

Dec 23, 2021
My medicals have expired too. Did you already redo it. If yes, how do they link that medical with your application which is already approved?
Hi! Did IRCC update it to valid after the medical?
My visa doesn't expire until the 15th of March 2022, but my counterfoil document is updated invalid in September 2021. My flight was last Thursday and I couldn't get on board because it showed inactive to the officers. My medical has expired in September as well but I didn't know we have to redo it. So please tell me did IRCC update your document valid and activate your visa after the medical?

Dabie

Dec 18, 2021
Hi All,

I had my study visa approved in March 2021 and got passport stamped with counterfoil document number.
I have booked a flight for next week on 25th April but I checked in my gcckey site that the counterfoil document status is updated as "Your document is invalid".
What should I do now? I have sent webform. Does anyone know how long it would take, will I have to submit my passport again for stamping.
Please help , urgent issue.

Hi, is your issue already resolve? Mine same as well. :( what did u do?

Dabie

Dec 18, 2021
Good day everyone!

My visa approved last October 2021 and with valid passport stamp. However, when we had flight last December 17, 2021 they don't allow me to check in due to my documents is invalid even when I checked the GCKEY is shown as well, my medical still valid (Aug 2021) only. Rest I've read issue is medical but mine is I don't know since my documents is all recent before I lodge Please help me! Does anyone experience it?

Thank you.

here's my email add : renedabie28@gmail.com

Dabie

Dec 18, 2021
how long did it take for you before it got valid again? kinda have the same situation and have done my medical 2 weeks ago. panel physician sent it last thursday. still no update. webform and email, tried them all, no response.
Please help me as well, same issue. My medical still valid. Therefore, my documents is invalid. :(

Dabie

Dec 18, 2021
If you recently did your medical and haven't provided the document, I would advice to send your medical document via IRCC webform ASAP. Once you will provide that document it can take 40-60 days to change status to valid.
Hi, please help me I'm facing problem with my visa deactivated but I don't think so the issue of Medical issue because still valid until August 2022, However upon checking my gckey documents is invalid. I really don't know the issue, How long it will take to be valid? I already defer next sem Fall 2022 supposedly winter intake 2021 :(

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi, please help me I'm facing problem with my visa deactivated but I don't think so the issue of Medical issue because still valid until August 2022, However upon checking my gckey documents is invalid. I really don't know the issue, How long it will take to be valid? I already defer next sem Fall 2022 supposedly winter intake 2021 :(
Did you change your DLI? Or did you defer your program?

shrey16193

Apr 25, 2022
Can you please let me know what you did to get the issue resolved. And how long it took to get it resolved