+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Counterfoil Document Invalid status

Senjuti Ghosh

Dec 23, 2021
Hii
So when it happened to me it was my medical needed to be redone as it expired. I will suggest check other documents, like your passport or anything else.

shrey16193

Apr 25, 2022
Hi All,

I had my study visa approved in March 2021 and got passport stamped with counterfoil document number.
I have booked a flight for next week on 25th April but I checked in my gcckey site that the counterfoil document status is updated as "Your document is invalid".
What should I do now? I have sent webform. Does anyone know how long it would take, will I have to submit my passport again for stamping.
Please help , urgent issue.
I am in the same boat. Please let me know what you did to get the issue resolved. And how long it took to get it resolved

KCASHARMA

Jun 23, 2022
Hi my study visa approve last month and visa got stamped 15 days back. Now i have booked my flight on 26th June and yesterday I saw counterfoil your documents is invalid message. My medical is not expired yet still this message is showing. Please help what can I do?? Can I reschedule my flight?

mohit.cd

Aug 3, 2018
Hi my study visa approve last month and visa got stamped 15 days back. Now i have booked my flight on 26th June and yesterday I saw counterfoil your documents is invalid message. My medical is not expired yet still this message is showing. Please help what can I do?? Can I reschedule my flight?
Better to postpone/cancel flight. They may return you back from port of entry. Check date of all the submitted documents and if everything is fine, send an email to high commission of canada/ immi ofc at delhi or Bangalore.
Also, try resubmitting your medical via IRCC webform and let them know that ur medical and all docs are valid.

Reactions: KCASHARMA

KCASHARMA

Jun 23, 2022
Better to postpone/cancel flight. They may return you back from port of entry. Check date of all the submitted documents and if everything is fine, send an email to high commission of canada/ immi ofc at delhi or Bangalore.
Also, try resubmitting your medical via IRCC webform and let them know that ur medical and all docs are valid.
Any possibility of rejecting visa after stamping done?

mohit.cd

Aug 3, 2018
Any possibility of rejecting visa after stamping done?
Nope ur visa is approved. So, no need to get a new one. Just supply them the required document and they will change the status to valid. However, it may take time to reflect that change in ur file. At port of entry they check ur app online too so if they see invalid they may ask you to return back and travel once ur status become valid. You can also try to convince the officer but not sure if they will agree and allow you to enter (a big risk to take and won't recommend since travelling back n forth will cost you a lot).

KCASHARMA

Jun 23, 2022
Nope ur visa is approved. So, no need to get a new one. Just supply them the required document and they will change the status to valid. However, it may take time to reflect that change in ur file. At port of entry they check ur app online too so if they see invalid they may ask you to return back and travel once ur status become valid. You can also try to convince the officer but not sure if they will agree and allow you to enter (a big risk to take and won't recommend since travelling back n forth will cost you a lot).
The problem is my classes will start from 4th July. If they take time then I have to defer my intake.so.please advise what will be the best possible course of action i should take?

mohit.cd

Aug 3, 2018
The problem is my classes will start from 4th July. If they take time then I have to defer my intake.so.please advise what will be the best possible course of action i should take?
Would advice you to talk to your college if they can allow you to attend classes online until your status changes to valid and explain them that POE officer might deport you back. If they agree then postpone ur travel. If not, then either you can defer ur admission to next intake or take risk and travel with all the valid documents and show it to the immigration officer(this will be an expensive risk though). Also, you can email delhi/banglore HCC to sort out the issue and ask them if you can travel. If you receive email from them confirming that u can travel and allowed to enter canada then just take printout of that and carry with you and show it to the officer at POE.

Reactions: KCASHARMA

KCASHARMA

Jun 23, 2022
Would advice you to talk to your college if they can allow you to attend classes online until your status changes to valid and explain them that POE officer might deport you back. If they agree then postpone ur travel. If not, then either you can defer ur admission to next intake or take risk and travel with all the valid documents and show it to the immigration officer(this will be an expensive risk though). Also, you can email delhi/banglore HCC to sort out the issue and ask them if you can travel. If you receive email from them confirming that u can travel and allowed to enter canada then just take printout of that and carry with you and show it to the officer at POE.
I mailed the Delhi high commission and ircc but they give auto-reply that we will not respond back to any of your queries you have to raise the web forum. i had already raised the web forum but i think it will take some time and i will not get any revert before my classes start(4th july).

nain16

Nov 15, 2022
My visa got approved and I got my passport stamped. but on the IRCC portal there shows two counterfoil documents. One document number is valid and one is invalid. The valid counterfoil document number is stamped on my passport but the invalid counterfoil document number is above the valid document number in the list on the IRCC portal. I received 2 POE (letters of introduction) dated 10th November 2022 and 11th November 2022. There is a lot of confusion I am not sure which one is valid and which is not.

My medicals and passport are valid

Any help would be really appreciated

skywalker7

Dec 8, 2022
My visa got approved and I got my passport stamped. but on the IRCC portal there shows two counterfoil documents. One document number is valid and one is invalid. The valid counterfoil document number is stamped on my passport but the invalid counterfoil document number is above the valid document number in the list on the IRCC portal. I received 2 POE (letters of introduction) dated 10th November 2022 and 11th November 2022. There is a lot of confusion I am not sure which one is valid and which is not.

My medicals and passport are valid

Any help would be really appreciated
I have the same issue. What are you going to do? Seems like if our visas are invalid, we will be rescinded from the flight.

Kramandeepppp

Dec 17, 2022
Hi All,

I had my study visa approved in March 2021 and got passport stamped with counterfoil document number.
I have booked a flight for next week on 25th April but I checked in my gcckey site that the counterfoil document status is updated as "Your document is invalid".
What should I do now? I have sent webform. Does anyone know how long it would take, will I have to submit my passport again for stamping.
Please help , urgent issue.
I am facing same problem.
Can you please tell me what to do next and wht was the reason behind your invalid status?

Kramandeepppp

Dec 17, 2022
Good day everyone!

My visa approved last October 2021 and with valid passport stamp. However, when we had flight last December 17, 2021 they don't allow me to check in due to my documents is invalid even when I checked the GCKEY is shown as well, my medical still valid (Aug 2021) only. Rest I've read issue is medical but mine is I don't know since my documents is all recent before I lodge Please help me! Does anyone experience it?

Thank you.

here's my email add : renedabie28@gmail.com
I'm facing same problem. My medical is valid but status on gckey is showing portfolio and study permit invalid.please tell me what you did to resolve this issue.