+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Full while registered as part time student in the last term

immvp

Dec 16, 2016
Hey folks,

I'm in my second year of university, and I am wondering if I become a part time student for either the first term or the second term, I would still be able to work full time during the summer break. If it does matter, does it matter which term i was a part time student (i.e. the most recent term) ?

Also, since I will be going part time, and will take longer than the duration of my study permit, would there be any issues when applying for a study permit extention?

Any reply will be greatly appreciated.

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
Hey folks,

I'm in my second year of university, and I am wondering if I become a part time student for either the first term or the second term, I would still be able to work full time during the summer break. If it does matter, does it matter which term i was a part time student (i.e. the most recent term) ?

Also, since I will be going part time, and will take longer than the duration of my study permit, would there be any issues when applying for a study permit extention?

Any reply will be greatly appreciated.
Make sure you are aware of the eligibility conditions for PGWP before you make your status part time.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

immvp

Dec 16, 2016
Make sure you are aware of the eligibility conditions for PGWP before you make your status part time.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp
Yes I understand. I may not apply for a pgwp in the future. I was only concerned on my eligibitly to work. Also I was wondering, if I didn't want problems in the future, would a letter from the school specifying why i wasn't able to go full time for a semester suffice? Thank you.

philus

Oct 14, 2016
are you international? i dont think international student's can study part time - but check....

i know a condition to work part time is that you are enrolled full time, again check well