+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Extension Timeline(Inside Canada) - 2024

iVictor

Star Member
Dec 20, 2021
My application was submitted on March 7, 2024, and it has been running for over five months. I am hopeful that I will receive a decision around the same time as you did. Your update has relieved my concerns, as it seems that most work permit processing times are longer than usual.
I'm still waiting for a response ... 189 days

dimebag77

Aug 13, 2024
Sorry for the misunderstanding; I thought it was the same as my case as a new applicant. Anyway, now that I understand you're also experiencing extended processing times, it seems that many others are facing similar difficulties. We may need to accept that this is the new normal timeframe.

iVictor

Star Member
Dec 20, 2021
Sorry for the misunderstanding; I thought it was the same as my case as a new applicant. Anyway, now that I understand you're also experiencing extended processing times, it seems that many others are facing similar difficulties. We may need to accept that this is the new normal timeframe.
New applications and extension cases fall under the same category with the same processing time. Technically, I filed a new application for a new work permit. It doesn’t matter that I will be with the same company

dimebag77

Aug 13, 2024
Ah, I understand now. We’re in a similar situation. I’ve been waiting for 161 days, and based on your experience, I should prepare myself for the possibility that my application might also take more than 6 months. Had I known that it would take this long, I would have preferred to file my application from my home country. Hoping that this experience will help to the other future applicants to decide where they should process their work permit here in Canada

Andy_sl

Aug 14, 2024
My application was submitted on March 7, 2024, and it has been running for over five months. I am hopeful that I will receive a decision around the same time as you did. Your update has relieved my concerns, as it seems that most work permit processing times are longer than usual.
I applied for my work permit (SOWP) on March 10th. I received a rejection due to missing documents on 30th July and re-applied on 5th August. I think you will get a decision soon as many people applied around the same time and received their approval already.

dimebag77

Aug 13, 2024
I applied for my work permit (SOWP) on March 10th. I received a rejection due to missing documents on 30th July and re-applied on 5th August. I think you will get a decision soon as many people applied around the same time and received their approval already.
I’m sorry to hear that your application was refused due to missing documents. I hope your reapplication is approved. Thank you for keeping me updated. It looks like my application is currently in the decision stage, given the time since it was filed.

Brda7780

Aug 7, 2024
I applied for a SOWP inside Canada on February 29, 2024 and there are no updates until today, more than 160 days have passed.
I only received the WP-EXT letter and after that nothing has happened.

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
O/B Friend: April 02 and April 03 - Inland SOWP Xtn.. Awaiting decision.. Given the backlogs it is easy 6months turn around time on an average..

AlexZhang

May 30, 2024
My OWP-Ext inside-Canada timeline

OWP-Ext:
20240412,Submit application;
20240413,WP-EXT;
20240815,cl,re;
20240819,approved;
20240820,approval letter。