+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Extension Timeline(Inside Canada) - 2024

bono32323

Oct 1, 2021
Last Friday I was able to link my application to the GCKEY. (after 109 days, they atleast assigned the application number).

Not a great update but atleast the application moved from pre-processing to processing.
Applied on April 5 but while linking the application it says i may have not entered correct data so it seems it is still not picked up
My extension was filed through a representative from my company so I should still be able to link it right?
It also asks for first day of work in canada and last day of work, i am just giving some approximate dates, not sure if that could impact the search result

Karanparm

Aug 1, 2024
Hi mam,
I’m apply for work permit on Lima based but he can refused my case . He can gave my refusal for study is not enough for this file. In my case ircc demand secondary and I have already submitted my secondary certificate. After that I have reconsideration appeal on 24 May 2024.Yet he has no response on this . Still I’m waiting? Tell me how much time taken on my file to gave any answer

Ahadch3357

Nov 3, 2019
Wazirabad, Pakistan
Category........
CEC
Applied on April 5 but while linking the application it says i may have not entered correct data so it seems it is still not picked up
My extension was filed through a representative from my company so I should still be able to link it right?
It also asks for first day of work in canada and last day of work, i am just giving some approximate dates, not sure if that could impact the search result
not sure why it is asking first day of work in Canada & last day.....is this PGWP extension due to passport expiry or other type of work permit?

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
60000+ applications hibernating in backlog -expect 5-6 months time lag on files.. Processing time is not relevant as posted on IRCC site

109 days ? should be 180+...

Only PGWP is automated via AAI and certain other [qualifying urgent WP's]

iVictor

Star Member
Dec 20, 2021
135 days since applied. About to be 5 months soon.

sent multiple web forms and requests. Also requested update through local MP.
Same answer all the time.: Application is under processing and no documents required.
Have requested for gems notes recently.

This is a long and frustrating wait....
Hi SuperAchy!
Did you receive any updates from IRCC?

dimebag77

Aug 13, 2024
I applied on 11 Jan 2024 and received on 26 July.
My application was submitted on March 7, 2024, and it has been running for over five months. I am hopeful that I will receive a decision around the same time as you did. Your update has relieved my concerns, as it seems that most work permit processing times are longer than usual.