+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Extension Timeline(Inside Canada) - 2024

bono32323

Oct 1, 2021
Hi All,

Can we use this thread to track the time taken for the Work Permit Extension from Inside Canada

Extension Filed Date - April 5th 2024
Status - No response yet
I am already near current processing time of 105 days but no response yet

Please post your timelines if you have filed your extension or got the approval as well for us to get some idea on how much time it is taking to get the update

Reactions: dralkar

SuperAchy

Dec 22, 2021
135 days since applied. About to be 5 months soon.

sent multiple web forms and requests. Also requested update through local MP.
Same answer all the time.: Application is under processing and no documents required.
Have requested for gems notes recently.

This is a long and frustrating wait....

Hi All,

Can we use this thread to track the time taken for the Work Permit Extension from Inside Canada

Status - No response yet

Please post your timelines if you have filed your extension or got the approval as well for us to get some idea on how much time it is taking to get the update

Last edited:

iVictor

Star Member
Dec 20, 2021
I'm waiting the response from IRCC since Feb 8. My lawyer said that they are receiving responses for January cases

Jul 16, 2024
Hi All,

Status - No response yet

Hi Bono, my application was received the same day as yours, just wondering if you were able to link the application to your ircc account? Thanks

bono32323

Oct 1, 2021
Hi Bono, my application was received the same day as yours, just wondering if you were able to link the application to your ircc account? Thanks
I am not even able to check the status as its applied through my company so probably attorney only has the access

Anushaja

Feb 1, 2024
135 days since applied. About to be 5 months soon.

sent multiple web forms and requests. Also requested update through local MP.
Same answer all the time.: Application is under processing and no documents required.
Have requested for gems notes recently.

This is a long and frustrating wait....
Applied in November, raised many webforms still waiting for the decision.

• Sad
Reactions: Ahadch3357

iVictor

Star Member
Dec 20, 2021
Has anyone received an approve from IRCC if they filled out an application this year (Inside Canada)?

Ahadch3357

Nov 3, 2019
Wazirabad, Pakistan
Category........
CEC
Hi All,

Status - No response yet

Applied : April 7, 2024
No update
unable to link it to GCKEY

Called IRCC to inquire, they are saying they have received the application but haven't check if it's complete or not. Once they will check, only then they will assign the application number and we would be able to link the application.

It's so frustrating. I have my flight booked for December. I just hope they process the application by that time

iVictor

Star Member
Dec 20, 2021
In my opinion, if you apply for a work permit extension in April, you should relax and wait until November.

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
Posting for a friend:
April 02, 2024 AOR; no response [Spouse of a PGWP holder] inland
no movement.. with slow pace; looks like mid-oct for a decision..

iVictor

Star Member
Dec 20, 2021
I would like to see at least one person receive a response to a work permit this year for January cases maybe

Ahadch3357

Nov 3, 2019
Wazirabad, Pakistan
Category........
CEC
I would like to see at least one person receive a response to a work permit this year for January cases maybe
Last Friday I was able to link my application to the GCKEY. (after 109 days, they atleast assigned the application number).

Not a great update but atleast the application moved from pre-processing to processing.

iVictor

Star Member
Dec 20, 2021
I see the status is in processing and application number at least 3 months (not sure when they assigned it)