+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit extension for protected person

neverstop

Star Member
Mar 9, 2022
I applied work permit extension in March 2024. And then sent me email I can work until September 6. And I didn't gate my work permit. I called so many times in ircc. But they told me that only for wait. So what can I do now.

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
I applied work permit extension in March 2024. And then sent me email I can work until September 6. And I didn't gate my work permit. I called so many times in ircc. But they told me that only for wait. So what can I do now.
its weird. mine was approved within 3 weeks.
Good luck

Brainsys

Star Member
Oct 9, 2021
Same situation to me as well it’s been more than 4 months no response, called and sent webform it’s saying under process

neverstop

Star Member
Mar 9, 2022
Our lawyer said i can apply second time work permit extension. So I have to ask everyone that I can apply again ya not. Please suggest me

adamkw

Aug 18, 2024
I applied for my 1st work permit extension today (Aug 22, 2024) using GC Key, below 6 months. I'm a Convention refugee inside Canada. My current work permit is expiring in Jan 2025. I saw the current processing times are over 117 days for Work permit from inside Canada (initial and extension). The documents that I had to upload were;
1 - IMM5710e filled and signed electronically (just the full name on the signature box)
2 - Passport scan copy (original is currently seized by IRCC)
3 - Digital Photo (this is the same size as PR application photo/RTD application photo)
4 - Optional document - Letter of Explanation for IMM5710e Employment section (because there's only 3 rows available and I ran out of space)
5 - Optional document - IMM 5257 SCH1 - this shows up as Optional but on the help description it shows this is described as Mandatory. So I wasn't sure and filled it anyway.
No payment was required.

I'm having a few doubts if I should have uploaded the Notice of Decision in the optional documents section or via webform. Appreciate any insights you'll can share

Melsi

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
You applied very soon thats why, if the expiration of your work permit was September 6th, for work permit extension you have to apply 90 days before the expiration date . I got mein in 2week