+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit extension for protected person

Brainsys

Star Member
Oct 9, 2021
My work permit extension still in process I submitted extension application on 2 April and still no update. Called and send web form said under process.Can anyone advise what to do

neverstop

Star Member
Mar 9, 2022
My work permit extension still in process I submitted extension application on 2 April and still no update. Called and send web form said under process.Can anyone advise what to do
Hey, my work permit extension is finally approved!

I went to my local MP's office two weeks ago, and they confirmed that my processing time had passed. They sent a message to the responsible office for clarification, and I think that helped speed things up.

Also, whenever you call IRCC, ask the executive if your processing time has passed. If they say yes, ask them to leave a note for the visa office about it. I did that during my call, and executive said he could do it.

I suggest you do the same. It might help your application get processed faster.

Good luck, and I hope you get your work permit soon!

Brainsys

Star Member
Oct 9, 2021
Hey, my work permit extension is finally approved!

I went to my local MP's office two weeks ago, and they confirmed that my processing time had passed. They sent a message to the responsible office for clarification, and I think that helped speed things up.

Also, whenever you call IRCC, ask the executive if your processing time has passed. If they say yes, ask them to leave a note for the visa office about it. I did that during my call, and executive said he could do it.

I suggest you do the same. It might help your application get processed faster.

Good luck, and I hope you get your work permit soon!
The same thing i did when I called them second time and the agent told me that I can’t send second note because the first note we didn’t receive any update so you can wait but my concern is why for some people it’s take one month and some longer than usual

Reactions: Melsi

Brainsys

Star Member
Oct 9, 2021
Hello, there is an update on my application
Latest update Sep 6 2024, Final decision September 6, 2024:your application is in progress. we will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
when i will get the approval .

Zuzu1111

Jul 24, 2024
Hello, there is an update on my application
Latest update Sep 6 2024, Final decision September 6, 2024:your application is in progress. we will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
when i will get the approval .
can you share the timeline please? mine is still in process

Osiro17

May 5, 2023
Good day house. Please is the medical examination from an IRCC panel physician compulsory for me to be able to submit a work permit extension application online? I am a protected person. It keeps bringing it up as one of my required documents. Please revert

theclaimer

Jul 29, 2022
Good day house. Please is the medical examination from an IRCC panel physician compulsory for me to be able to submit a work permit extension application online? I am a protected person. It keeps bringing it up as one of my required documents. Please revert
No, you do not need medical for WP extension online.

You can follow these steps:

When we apply for the work permit extension for both refugee claimants and accepted refugees:
1. We go to the GCKey Portal
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

2. Go to the bottom page > Start an application > and click on "Apply to come to Canada"
3. In my case, no personal reference code, click on "visitor, study or work permit"
4. For questions: What would you like to do in Canada > Select Work > How long would you like to stay in Canada > Select Temporary less than 6 months, then answer all other questions
5. Not a US PR (most of us are not)
6. Find out if you are eligible to apply > Click on "Refugee Claimant" then Next button
7. Then select the situation that applies to you -- e.g. refugee claim in progress or accepted refugee or other situations
8. Then answer all other questions page by page
9. When asked if you have medical exam performed by IRCC authorized doctors in the past 12 months, click No, if you haven't had it (in my case I only did the medical exam paid by IRCC when making the refugee claim and is more than 12 months ago)
10. Then answer all other questions, and it will come to the page listing all your answers and then Next
11. You will see what documents you need to submit for a work permit extension: there's no medical exam required and no fee to be paid