+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

sampcanada

Nov 12, 2013
Hi Lakshmi,

Dont withdraw the online application, this is the holiday season so things are slow hope it will pick up in Jan. Paper application is more slow that online application.

The New York VAC office is closed and if you directly mail your paper based application its going to take more time.

Thank you
Sam

vincentleads

Dec 16, 2013
Here is the response to my request on Dec 12. (Received Dec 16)

Please be advised. that your application is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Please be advised that as of today, we are processing files received on August 12, 2013.

It seems they haven't progress a day in last 3 weeks.
I submitted my application online on September 12....

katta

Dec 14, 2013
Hi Sampcanada,

Thanks a lot for your advice. In fact I was also given up the thought of withdrawal. Today I have informed my boss about my status. I hope my job will remain until I get my work visa.

Thanks & Regards,

Lakshmi

katta

Dec 14, 2013
vincentleads,

I have inquired 15 days ago...they said they are processing August 8th applications. It is weird... :eek: just four days moved in 15 days.

SamCanada2013

Oct 5, 2013
katta said:
vincentleads,

I have inquired 15 days ago...they said they are processing August 8th applications. It is weird... :eek: just four days moved in 15 days.
My online application was submitted on 8th of August. I got request to submit my passport on Nov 18th already. That is almost a month ago.

Also of people are going out on winter holidays these days and thus the visa office must be even more under staffed now.

Shku_2704

Nov 12, 2013
guys , any updates , any application that got positive result since last 22nd Nov (application processing date was 12th Aug).

i am not sure why they have just stopped working ! has this happened in the past ?

thanks

Shku_2704

Nov 12, 2013
Did anybody sent any query recently to get the processing dates ? Please share
I have sent general enquiry but no response.

Just for information to people who are in same boat as mine - i.e legal status in US being up but did not receive yet the WP approval.
As per my sources , they confirmed that processing can go on while out of US. Once approval comes , you can get visa stamping done in other country based on that approval.

Also, again from reliable sources, withdrawing application is not a good idea as VAC has also been closed indefinitely so that route of getting processing done in weeks is out of question now.

This is real frustrating wait :-( and had to make so much last minute adjustments ,losing financially ,pressures on job security and family overall. worse part totally in dark when processing restarts so one can plan accordingly.
From other thread it seems LS consulate is working for online application albeit its study permit.

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Shku_2704 said:
Did anybody sent any query recently to get the processing dates ? Please share
I have sent general enquiry but no response.

Just for information to people who are in same boat as mine - i.e legal status in US being up but did not receive yet the WP approval.
As per my sources , they confirmed that processing can go on while out of US. Once approval comes , you can get visa stamping done in other country based on that approval.

Also, again from reliable sources, withdrawing application is not a good idea as VAC has also been closed indefinitely so that route of getting processing done in weeks is out of question now.

This is real frustrating wait :-( and had to make so much last minute adjustments ,losing financially ,pressures on job security and family overall. worse part totally in dark when processing restarts so one can plan accordingly.
From other thread it seems LS consulate is working for online application albeit its study permit.
Hi,

One of the forum members here who was on a tourist visa in the US got his work permit at the border. He lodged his application ONLINE last October 5 while in the U.S. For NYC to process his ONLINE application, in the online form, he chosed U.S. as his current country of residence even if he was just a tourist there and for less than 4 months only. When his U.S. visa was due to expire, i think early or mid this month, he went to the border to ask for an extension with reason of waiting for his WP in Canada to be approved. Instead of his U.S. visa being exgtended, his work permit was issued on the Canada side border. God is good!

It is a risk, but you might want to consider doing that.

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
SamCanada2013 said:
My online application was submitted on 8th of August. I got request to submit my passport on Nov 18th already. That is almost a month ago.

Also of people are going out on winter holidays these days and thus the visa office must be even more under staffed now.
Hey Sam,

How are ya doing my friend???good to see you here. Its so wierd to see the applications moving so slow. I filed on aug 1st (online) @ NYC and recieved passport request on 11th Nov 2013. It has been close to 40 days and just 11 days of applications been processed. OMG.

sampcanada

Nov 12, 2013
Hi All,

Received an email asking for my passport sent to NY Candian consulate for futher processing, so keep the hope my friends.

I applied on August 22nd, watch out for email from cic.

Thank you
Samuel

vincentleads

Dec 16, 2013
Hi Sam,

Did you apply online or by paper?

Thanks,

vince
sampcanada said:
Hi All,

Received an email asking for my passport sent to NY Candian consulate for futher processing, so keep the hope my friends.

Thank you
Samuel

katta

Dec 14, 2013
Hey Sam,

Good to hear that you have been asked to submit your passport. Wish you good luck....

Thanks,

Lakshmi

Shku_2704

Nov 12, 2013
sampcanada said:
Hi All,

Thank you
Samuel
Hey Samuel , first of all congratulation and best of luck.

i guess it was online for ICT ? correct ?
My company also applied on 22nd Aug, crossing my fingers if that is the case.

thanks

Shku_2704

Nov 12, 2013
cookie27 said:
Hi,

One of the forum members here who was on a tourist visa in the US got his work permit at the border. He lodged his application ONLINE last October 5 while in the U.S. For NYC to process his ONLINE application, in the online form, he chosed U.S. as his current country of residence even if he was just a tourist there and for less than 4 months only. When his U.S. visa was due to expire, i think early or mid this month, he went to the border to ask for an extension with reason of waiting for his WP in Canada to be approved. Instead of his U.S. visa being exgtended, his work permit was issued on the Canada side border. God is good!

It is a risk, but you might want to consider doing that.
thanks for the great tip. I guess it will be worth checking with my employee.

oliviacanada

Dec 6, 2013
wow, congrats, sampcanada! (May I ask whether you submit by yourself or through employer?)

I applied on Aug 20th online by myself, but still haven't heard anything...