+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

sukatta

Sep 19, 2013
Dear Sir/Madame,
This is in response to your email below.
Please be advised. that your application is now in queue for assessment.
All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Please be advised that as of today, we are processing files received on May 9, 2013.
If you require your passport back sooner, and wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number .
Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
New York, NY, USA

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
sukatta said:
Its a paper based application applied at NYC outside Canada
When did you file your paper?

based on the response you received, are they processing both paper based and online visas at same time. i heard online processing is faster and is done separately..

Snehith

Jul 25, 2013
Hi,

This is Deepthi. I am new to this forum.

I got married this Aug. I am in USA and my husband is in Canada.

I am working in USA on my H1B. But, i want to move to Canada as my husband works there.

As you know, he cant come here as getting a H1B here is very difficult compared to myself getting a work permit in canada.

I want to apply for an Open work permit. My Husband is in Canada. He is working on work permit which expires next Sept 2014.

1. Can i do it online?

2. What are the additional documents, i need to submit ( marriage certificates, payslips etc.,)

3. Will there be any medical check up?

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Deepthi

cheman

Sep 15, 2013
Hello everyone,

I mailed my passport to the NYC office on tuesday and as per USPS they received it on Wednesday. Does anyone know how long it takes for the NYC consulate to stamp the visa and return the passport? I have also sent the pre-paid return envolope.

My current employer in US filed for my temp Candian work permit. IT took exactly 30 working days to get the passport request letter.

Thanks and good luck!

NYTOEDM

Jul 18, 2013
Went to border for WP with my letter of introduction. Everything was fine, the WP story is over now. Good luck for those submitted their applications.

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
cheman said:
Hello everyone,

I mailed my passport to the NYC office on tuesday and as per USPS they received it on Wednesday. Does anyone know how long it takes for the NYC consulate to stamp the visa and return the passport? I have also sent the pre-paid return envolope.

My current employer in US filed for my temp Candian work permit. IT took exactly 30 working days to get the passport request letter.

Thanks and good luck!
30days??

Sir, wen did you file your work permit? Was it an ICT? Online?

Your response would be much helpful

Thanks

cheman

Sep 15, 2013
My employer hired a lawyer to file the application. It was submitted online on August 7th.

Does anyone have an idea how long it takes for the VAC to return the passport?

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
cheman said:
My employer hired a lawyer to file the application. It was submitted online on August 7th.

Does anyone have an idea how long it takes for the VAC to return the passport?
I submitted on August 1st online/ Was it an ICT application outside Canada or submitted INSIDE CANADA.

tech.next315

Sep 6, 2013
cheman said:
Hello everyone,

Thanks and good luck!
Its really unreal ... i applied on july 23rd, online ICT, still nothing

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
NYTOEDM said:
Went to border for WP with my letter of introduction. Everything was fine, the WP story is over now. Good luck for those submitted their applications.
Hi,

When you went to Canada while your work permit is still under process in NYC, did you inform CIC in NYC? Please share your experience.

Thanks,

Cookie

cheman

Sep 15, 2013
rajthilakICT said:
I submitted on August 1st online/ Was it an ICT application outside Canada or submitted INSIDE CANADA.
ICT submitted to NYC. Hope that helps. I'm currently based in US.

NYTOEDM

Jul 18, 2013
No.
cookie27 said:
Hi,

When you went to Canada while your work permit is still under process in NYC, did you inform CIC in NYC? Please share your experience.

Thanks,

Cookie
rajthilakICT said: