+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter intake with no visa updates. Worried.

Nandhini02

Dec 18, 2020
Hey everyone. I am posting this thread because I'm super worried about my visa arrival. I applied for a study permit under SDS category with a complete set of documents, made sure they were all perfect. Completed medicals before applying. Biometrics was done last year. My classes start on Jan 11th, and my program is hybrid meaning I have both online and in-person classes. So I have to be in Canada. But my visa status remains the same - Processing. No medical update, no reviewing eligibility, nothing. Nobody's visa seems to be arriving at a promising pace, so I am worried if I should just defer my intake?

Applied - Nov 27th (SDS)
Medicals - Before applying
Biometrics - Done last year

No updates.

Last edited:

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020
Hey everyone. I am posting this thread because I'm super worried about my visa arrival. I applied for a study permit under SDS category with a complete set of documents, made sure they were all perfect. Completed medicals before applying. Biometrics was done last year. My classes start on Jan 11th, and my program is hybrid meaning I have both online and in-person classes. So I have to be in Canada. But my visa status remains the same - Processing. No medical update, no reviewing eligibility, nothing. Nobody's visa seems to be arriving at a promising pace, so I am worried if I should just defer my intake?
when did you apply?

Real_Nad

Star Member
Nov 27, 2020
Same situation as of you. But will defer to may

Arun Showry Thota

Nov 10, 2020
Can you share your timeline?

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020
That is what i'm saying, why is ircc giving out false hope that sds applications are usually processed within 20 days? Many rely on that info.
processing time is 36 weeks nowhere is it 20 days. ircc said apply atleast 60 days before your start date in webinar

sim08

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
That is what i'm saying, why is ircc giving out false hope that sds applications are usually processed within 20 days? Many rely on that info.
That was the timeline before Covid, you should have checked the processing time on the IRCC website before applying, currently its 36 weeks if you apply for a study permit from India. Here is the link for your reference - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Nandhini02

Dec 18, 2020
That was the timeline before Covid, you should have checked the processing time on the IRCC website before applying, currently its 36 weeks if you apply for a study permit from India. Here is the link for your reference - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
I'm talking about SDS applications. see this link, it says it takes upto 20 days and sometimes a little more for sds category - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/student-direct-stream.html

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020

sim08

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
I'm talking about SDS applications. see this link, it says it takes upto 20 days and sometimes a little more for sds category - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/student-direct-stream.html
I am talking about SDS as well, that is a pre-covid timeline, its not accurate anymore, they have a massive backlog beginning from atleast April, but if you are lucky you might get your visa soon, they are processing files in no particular order.