17 March 14
IELTS Request
Along with App
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
CECFeb17 said:
I wrote a request letter (email) to my local MP just before the Christmas holidays; and then I followed up this past week as I had not heard anything from them. MP's office replied to me right away that they contacted CIC on behalf of me and was advised by CIC that the average processing time for CEC is 13 months and as my application was received by CIC on Feb 20, 2014, I am on the right track and there is nothing to worry or do as yet. Then the MP's office suggested that if my processing time would take more than 13 months and still no news, I contact them again and they would take some more action. Until then, they said there is nothing they can do more..
Now you have a reason to go back to MP in March. I have a feeeling that we all will have a decsion by end of next month

mjaffer53

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015
Passport Req..
March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
bouncer said:
Now you have a reason to go back to MP in March. I have a feeeling that we all will have a decsion by end of next month
Bouncer, are your stats correct? It says you got your AOR in march 2013? That's almost 2 years of waiting?

bouncer

Mar 17, 2014
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpc Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Feb 14
Doc's Request.
9th Feb 14
AOR Received.
17 March 14
IELTS Request
Along with App
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
mjaffer53 said:
Bouncer, are your stats correct? It says you got your AOR in march 2013? That's almost 2 years of waiting?
It was a mistake and Thank you very much for noticing it. Updated.

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
alijumani said:
Great Best of luck. Akil can you please share the content of explanation letter with us after hiding the personal information if you don't mind.
Hi My Friend ,
there is no format i have used , i just wrote in the email body , "I have applied gcms through ATIP and found that my submitted employment letter does not provide enough details to confirm my experience, so i am glad to provide you the recent detailed employment letter which my employer provided" and attached the letter to the email.

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
waqas11 said:
Yes, I am thinking of applying.
i already applied and entered the pool with the score of 310 which i highly doubt for receiving the invitation.

CECFeb17

Nov 19, 2014
I am a Feb 2014 applicant (Feb 20, 2014, AOR March 15) and have been desperately waiting for MR.

I got a Delivery Notice by Canada Post this afternoon (obviously a letter requiring recipient's signature was delivered to my place while nobody was home, so the postman put the notice on our door) and now am worried sick suspecting if that is a rejection letter from the CIC... gee. I don't think I can sleep well tonight.

FYI. my second review due is March 15, 2015.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
CECFeb17 said:
I am a Feb 2014 applicant (Feb 20, 2014, AOR March 15) and have been desperately waiting for MR.

I got a Delivery Notice by Canada Post this afternoon (obviously a letter requiring recipient's signature was delivered to my place while nobody was home, so the postman put the notice on our door) and now am worried sick suspecting if that is a rejection letter from the CIC... gee. I don't think I can sleep well tonight.

FYI. my second review due is March 15, 2015.
Don't worry. They are not sending refusal letters through regular mail. They keep all communications through emails.

mjaffer53

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015
Passport Req..
March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
Just got my RPRF after 10 days of getting medical request. I dont know why you guys still have not received medical but i really hope you guys get it soon. I have my fingers crossed for everyone here.

rickyin

Star Member
Oct 27, 2014
mjaffer53 said:
Just got my RPRF after 10 days of getting medical request. I dont know why you guys still have not received medical but i really hope you guys get it soon. I have my fingers crossed for everyone here.
that is a good news. May i know does CIC request any additional doc from you?

mjaffer53

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015
Passport Req..
March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
rickyin said:
that is a good news. May i know does CIC request any additional doc from you?
They have not asked for anything additional at the moment. That could change considering they have not even received the results of my medicals from the doctor yet, you never know.

rickyin

Star Member
Oct 27, 2014
mjaffer53 said:
They have not asked for anything additional at the moment. That could change considering they have not even received the results of my medicals from the doctor yet, you never know.
I will you are the lucky one that CIC did not ask you for anything. Like my case, they requested additional doc and submitted 3 months now, but still nothing happened. I will all of us will get something from them in this week.

pandaincanada

May 14, 2014
Hi, I got a my GMC notes which says that my job responsibilties are too generic and does not match with the responsibilities for the NOC entered. Is it ok to send them a new letter with a detailed information and a new NOC number? I realized that my job maybe better matched with a different NOC than I have originally signed up for. I just wanted to make sure this wouldn't cause any problems.

ip000073

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
pandaincanada said:
Hi, I got a my GMC notes which says that my job responsibilties are too generic and does not match with the responsibilities for the NOC entered. Is it ok to send them a new letter with a detailed information and a new NOC number? I realized that my job maybe better matched with a different NOC than I have originally signed up for. I just wanted to make sure this wouldn't cause any problems.
I'm not sure that they would accept different NOC code. AFAIK, you cannot change NOC code once they started processing your application. But definitely you can send additional documents which support your current NOC (such as updated reference letter from your Employer which contains more detailed duties/responsibilities).

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
ip000073 said:
I'm not sure that they would accept different NOC code. AFAIK, you cannot change NOC code once they started processing your application. But definitely you can send additional documents which support your current NOC (such as updated reference letter from your Employer which contains more detailed duties/responsibilities).
I will beg to differ on the issue that one cannot change the NOC code - if one is not on a closed work permit where the LMO states a particular NOC then one only needs to show that they have work experience in the acceptable work categories. See the Regulations below:

Canadian Experience Class Class

87.1 (1) For the purposes of subsection 12(2) of the Act, the Canadian experience class is prescribed as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada, their experience in Canada, and their intention to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec.
Member of the class
(2) A foreign national is a member of the Canadian experience class if
(a) they have acquired in Canada, within the three years before the date on which their application for permanent residence is made, at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work experience, in one or more occupations that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix, exclusive of restricted occupations; and
(b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification;
(c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties;
(d) they have had their proficiency in the English or French language evaluated by an organization or institution designated under subsection 74(3) and have met the applicable threshold fixed by the Minister under subsection 74(1) for each of the four language skill areas; and
(e) in the case where they have acquired the work experience referred to in paragraph (a) in more than one occupation, they meet the threshold for proficiency in the English or French language, fixed by the Minister under subsection 74(1), for the occupation in which they have acquired the greater amount of work experience in the three years referred to in paragraph (a).
• Application
(3) For the purposes of subsection (2),
(a) any period of employment during which the foreign national was engaged in full-time study shall not be included in calculating a period of work experience;
(b) any period of self-employment or unauthorized work shall not be included in calculating a period of work experience; and
(c) the foreign national must have had temporary resident status during their period of work experience and any period of full-time study or training.

(d) to (g) [Repealed, SOR/2012-274, s. 13]
(4) and (5) [Repealed, SOR/2012-274, s. 13]
SOR/2008-254, s. 3;
SOR/2011-54, s. 2;
SOR/2012-274, s. 13.