+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which way is more appropriate?

sarah10

Nov 5, 2018
Hi. I was on WP for nearly 3 yrs in Canada. I applied for Tourist visa when my WP was expired. I was looking for another employer and after the second time my Tourist visa was refused. I gave birth to my son there. So after the refusal I came back to my country with my son. The father is married. So can he sponsor me as the legal guardian of our son since we want our kid to be in Canada for the betterment of his growth? Thank u.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi. I was on WP for nearly 3 yrs in Canada. I applied for Tourist visa when my WP was expired. I was looking for another employer and after the second time my Tourist visa was refused. I gave birth to my son there. So after the refusal I came back to my country with my son. The father is married. So can he sponsor me as the legal guardian of our son since we want our kid to be in Canada for the betterment of his growth? Thank u.
No. Unless he divorces and then marries you, or he separates and then lives with you for 12 consecutive months.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
I believe this was answered for you on another thread already. Your son does not give you any benefits for PR in Canada. As zardoz said, the easiest way would be for his father to sponsor you, but only if you are common-law or married. You should look into other immigration streams to try and qualify on your own merit.