+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

quinnman

Star Member
May 14, 2013
RPh said:
I have a friend who applied in 2009 and her parents were asked for their passports. I think they might be working faster compared to the timelines posted on website of around 4 yrs for sponsorship approval, and 5 or so years for PR processing.
Where are they located?

OnePieceOne

Jan 30, 2014
RPh said:
I have a friend who applied in 2009 and her parents were asked for their passports. I think they might be working faster compared to the timelines posted on website of around 4 yrs for sponsorship approval, and 5 or so years for PR processing.
Yeah I hear similar cases, applications submitted 2009, visas issued recently. They are Quebec applicants though.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
When they kick started PGP apps in Nov 2011, they bundled 2007-2009 ( to a certain date ) and basically said its a new queue and to send required docs within 90 days, so the sooner you send, the sooner the file went to CPP-O or LVO ( Got nothing to do with Quebec Apps ) - These are files from around the world ( you can see the link in my signature which will tell you the picture )

So it's not surprising to hear about 2009 apps getting passport request ( which places like New Delhi request at an early stage anyway whereas the app is finalized after a year )

CIC-M is working on apps received till May 2010 - there is a whole lot of May 2010 >> Sept 2011 ( last date of app accepted ) left to be processed. Only then the current apps will be looked at and sent to respective offices - all this considering the caps as well

mzm26

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Hello Folks, After a month of wait, I got my application returned to my address. The reason they returned the application was because I did not put my youngest sibling who is under 22 as dependent of my parents. This year my brother will turn 22 and he no longer will be dependent of my parents. I will be fully eligible to sponsor my parents in 2015.

Good luck to those who got accepted in 2014.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
mzm26 said:
Hello Folks, After a month of wait, I got my application returned to my address. The reason they returned the application was because I did not put my youngest sibling who is under 22 as dependent of my parents. This year my brother will turn 22 and he no longer will be dependent of my parents. I will be fully eligible to sponsor my parents in 2015.

Is there any particular reason you didn't list your sister as dependent, was this an error on your part or did you not intend to also sponsor her?

Keep in mind that sometime this year, there is a strong chance CIC will reduce the age of dependents to under age 19.

mzm26

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Rob_TO said:
Is there any particular reason you didn't list your sister as dependent, was this an error on your part or did you not intend to also sponsor her?

Keep in mind that sometime this year, there is a strong chance CIC will reduce the age of dependents to under age 19.
I intentionally did not list my brother as a dependent as I was not meeting the income requirement for 3 people. I am still confused about the dependent child age. Is it 22 and under?

About reducing the age I have read that somewhere cant remember exactly where. If that rule is implemented then that is too bad as I will be eligible to sponsor 3 people in 2015. Lets see what rules CIC have for us next year.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
mzm26 said:
I intentionally did not list my brother as a dependent as I was not meeting the income requirement for 3 people. I am still confused about the dependent child age. Is it 22 and under?

About reducing the age I have read that somewhere cant remember exactly where. If that rule is implemented then that is too bad as I will be eligible to sponsor 3 people in 2015. Lets see what rules CIC have for us next year.
Right now, the official definition of dependent is age 21 and under. So once someone reaches their 22nd birthday, they are not eligible anymore. Only chance would be if they had been enrolled full-time in school, and would continue to be a full-time student during the entire application processing time.

CIC introduced a new rule to reduce the dependent age to 18 and under, as well as removing the student clause, that was supposed to go into effect Jan 2, but for some reason they delayed this.

Anyways if your brother will turn 22 years old this year, then he will NOT be a dependent so you most likely have no chance to include him in your parents application in Jan 2015.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
There was something that said in the rules that you still have to LIST the non-accompanying dependents in the application, meaning they still have to be mentioned, even if they are not dependent/accompanying.
Probably this is the reason you got it returned, but the LICO issue would have rejected it anyway.
Should have included a letter at least mentioning why you did not include, CIC are dumb, they have to be told everything.
Don't assume that they will guess why you did not include someone.

Regardless of what reductions they make in age of dependents, it is common knowledge that dependents can easily go over-age when it takes so many damn years to process an application.
Do they want parents to leave their younger kids behind just so they can immigrate ? This is probably why they didn't reduce dependent age to below 18, as in a lot of countries the kids are dependent until they finish university, or reach a certain age like 25, etc. For daughters they remain dependents until they get married, in many countries.

MofC2014

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
canvis2006 said:
This is probably why they didn't reduce dependent age to below 18, as in a lot of countries the kids are dependent until they finish university, or reach a certain age like 25, etc. For daughters they remain dependents until they get married, in many countries.
I think they will reduce the age in the future, as they should. It is irrelevant to Canada and the Canadian government what is the norm or standard in other countries.

Jan 10, 2014
Oakville, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
mzm26 said:

Did you get charged? good luck for 2015.

Leolaz27

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

When exactly was the 5000 cap reached?
My app was only received February 4, so I guess I am out for 2014 and should wait for 2015?

I spent so much time waiting for mail, from CRA to send option C and parents to mail original documents with signatures....how does one overcome this so that I know for next year to get things done quicker? South African Postal Services is especially slow!

Disappointed :(

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Leolaz27 said:
Hi

My app was only received February 4, so I guess I am out for 2014 and should wait for 2015?

I spent so much time waiting for mail, from CRA to send option C and parents to mail original documents with signatures....how does one overcome this so that I know for next year to get things done quicker? South African Postal Services is especially slow!

You have definitely missed the cap for 2014.

To prepare for Jan 2015 submission, make sure you have your NOAs or Option Cs for 2011, 2012 and 2013 in advance.

Getting parents to sign docs is a tricky issue, since CIC may or may not release brand new revisions of the forms in December 2014 or even Jan 2015. You can try to fill out/sign forms in advance, but be prepared to have them sign new docs as soon as possible if new revisions are released right as the program re-opens, and courier them to you the fastest way possible.

MofC2014

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Leolaz27 said:
Hi

It would be best if you could have your parents come here on a supervisa sometime next year and have them here when the forms come out, so you can quickly sign and send of to Mississauga.

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Did anybody receive their application back after the quota is full. As mentioned earlier, my application reached Jan 28th....My CC not charged yet. Application was also not returned. Guessing...... what happened to my application.

I see that no Credit card was charged after 30th Jan in our friend's excel list regarding these applications....Last update is - 20th Jan reached applications had their CC charged on 30th/31st.

Will the CIC agent provide any information???? Just curious - No hopes of making it to 5000.