+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When is 5th draw ????

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
just as a flip side to this argument (and I'm not trying to upset anyone)

Why shouldn't those who have managed to get job offers (i.e. been able to demonstrate in the real world - that they have value, rather than just on paper) and our employers who have gone through the bureaucratic and expensive process of obtaining an LMIA, be looked on more favorably/faster than others who haven't got any employment arranged?

I understand your frustrations, but look at it this way - as soon as someone with an LMIA arranged and an employer waiting, gets an ITA and then PR - they are going to immediately be in work and paying taxes and contributing to the economy.
does it not make sense to have those people cleared out first, before inviting people who may or may not be able to even find a job/employer even with an ITA/PR?

just my rambling thoughts - albeit from admittedly a position of having an LMIA.

kakhileshreddy

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
CELPIP-spouse-sept 23- same day submitted
AOR Received.
sept 14
Med's Request
sept 24-passed/recv'd
Med's Done....
sept 24
Passport Req..
FEB 24
lotusEsp said:

Why shouldn't those who have managed to get job offers (i.e. been able to demonstrate in the real world - that they have value, rather than just on paper) and our employers who have gone through the bureaucratic and expensive process of obtaining an LMIA, be looked on more favorably/faster than others who haven't got any employment arranged?

I understand your frustrations, but look at it this way - as soon as someone with an LMIA arranged and an employer waiting, gets an ITA and then PR - they are going to immediately be in work and paying taxes and contributing to the economy.
does it not make sense to have those people cleared out first, before inviting people who may or may not be able to even find a job/employer even with an ITA/PR?

just my rambling thoughts - albeit from admittedly a position of having an LMIA.
my case -- i am a permanemt full time employee here in canada on PGWP(LMIA excempted) now they say to get an LMIA isn't this ridiculous. lets see for how many people will they give LMIA and PNP. i suppose that they need to come down atleast to 400 for filling the minimum criteria for 2015 immigration plans.

Kim83

Jan 15, 2015
lotusEsp said:

Nothing is wrong with having LMIA/PNP, but there are people on OWP and PGWP who holds full-time jobs who have and is currently contributing to the economy. Some of these ppl earn two to three time more than some of the persons with LMIA, however, their jobs are not considered arranged employment by CIC, so don't go mouthing off about why shouldn't person with LMIA/PNP be considered first.

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
I wasn't mouthing off. I was offering one opinion.

EE is brand new and we are all to some extent guinea pigs in the system. unfortunately none of us want to be that when it comes to something as serious (and life altering) as PR
also with the lack of information and contact from CIC, it leaves us scratching around bouncing thoughts, logic and theories off each other - which doesn't always help

anyway good luck with your applications - i didnt mean to offend

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lets see if therDraw is on the 28th of the 31st of MArch or the 4 of April?!

Any guesses guys?

bimbim

Star Member
Jun 2, 2013
the_lion said:
Lets see if therDraw is on the 28th of the 31st of MArch or the 4 of April?!

Any guesses guys?
My guess: Draw will be on the 27th/28th of March with a minimum score of 680.

fpnc2983

Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lotusEsp said:

i have no lmia or job offer but i see the sense of it.

buckobob

Mar 17, 2015
PGWP holders are already contributing to the economy by paying taxes, plus the tuition fees and other costs supports so many jobs in Canada. I think everybody is aware of this fact and per my understanding PGWP holders will not be left out. Additionally sizable number pf PGWP holders are in IT and IT sector here is plagued by skill shaortage(See ICTC survey).

Still getting LMIA is difficult to get because of the tedious procedure and would require large organizations employing thousand of employees open a separate department for handling LMIA.

Being in IT consulting industry, I have seen how lack of experienced consultants( for eg Java developers position remains unfilled month after month) moving the position out of Canada as client won't settle for less experienced professional. Close proximity to US makes Canada a perfect destination for "near-shoring" as many US organizations are moving away from "off-shoring".

Qualified PGWP holders are attracting more and more jobs, and if they are not supported, will have an detrimental effect.

aaro27

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29/01/2016
lotusEsp said:

well what you say is correct but not for people like me , who got an Post Graduation n work permit ...i studied in Canada for two years and got my PPGWP as of jan 2014...i have field job and a relevant job offer... i have been working for over an year now..then suddenly they eradicate all the rules and introduce this express entry and the best part is they dont release any information about LMIA until jan 2015..

where in this case is my fault...i am working and following every rule that had been laid out when i got my PGWP...people in my time had to move to remote areas to find their field job and i found one in Toronto itself...(how come? cause i worked hard to prove myself during internship) and here i am trapped in this process

Jonty711

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bimbim said:
My guess: Draw will be on the 27th/28th of March with a minimum score of 680.
680! So 80 life skill point. That is poor