+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the most difficult part in IELTS test?

sun22

Sep 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harsahil said:
writing.
i got 9 bands in reading, 8.5 bands in listening and 7.5 bands in speaking.
However I only got 6.5 bands in writing despite the fact that it was a section on which I spent most of my time for preparing the IELTS exam :(
Hi,
Let me know how did you get 9 band. Please reply. I got only 6 band so far.
thanks

harsahil

Mar 10, 2010
Punjab
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2010
sun22 said:
Hi,
Let me know how did you get 9 band. Please reply. I got only 6 band so far.
thanks
For reading, read the text carefully and try to understand its meaning and make an overall synopsis in ur mind i.e. a general idea of the passage. time is v.imp in reading. the questions r mostly in order the information appears in the passage. for reading u need good observation skills to find the answer quickly. this will come with practice and reading text books. in my profession i.e. Medicine we have to study huge text books so it helped me in reading and that's why i got 9/9 bands in reading.

mr_rana

Dec 28, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with App. (Excluding PCC)
AOR Received.
1st:-04.2010, 2nd:- 04.2011
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
06.2011 (RBVO), 04.2012 (In Process)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24.01.2013
LANDED..........
its definitely "writing: for me.
The stress of structure, word and time limit and then spelling mistakes curbs my ability.

I guess its the overconfidence of otherwise well educated people who are almost not into a habit of writing long and appropriate
text that too with a certain period of time take the heavy toll.

We belong to era of IT and computers with advanced features like auto spelling checking to assist and then enough time to write.

aleyfre

Sep 12, 2010
I did the exam last year. For me the most difficult sections were speaking and writing. This is so because they are the only two sections that are not objective. They do depend upon the examiner. Especially the interview. For the listening and the reading you can practice. And believe me, it works doing all those practice exams. I got 9 in both, reading and listening. In fact, I found that the listening part in the exam was easier than the exercises I used to practice. Writing is difficult because at least the first 2 mistakes you make (not matter what they are, may be mispelling) cost you 0.5 points each. And you don't have time to organize your ideas. I got 8 in writing but I started writing right away and finished just in time.
For the writing section, at least for task 1 academic try to practice all the terms they want you to use, such as dramatically dropped, shows a downward trend, increased steadily, etc.
And try to stay clam, especially for the interview. I got 7.5 and that was my lower score in the exam. I was asked to talk about vegetables!!! I couldn't believe it!

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
Mike0810 said:
Hi guys,
I just wanted to know which part of the IELTS test was the most difficult part to you.
Please share your experience.
Thank you. :)
Mike
I thought listening would be the most difficult and was most alert and scored a 8.5, was absolutely sure of reading, did it quicker than the scheduled time, (took a bathroom break during the test), expected a full score, but was shocked to see just 6.5 Was good enough to get me the 16 points, so didn't bother to appeal.
cprak0

snipper

Star Member
Sep 6, 2010
MNL
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application form BS 7.0
i took the Ielts 3x for different purposes, the first one is for Visa screen application in US (academic mod. 7 in all category) next is for CRNBC application ( academic again 7.0 except for wrting 6.5) and just to make it sure i took the general training for FSW application last june 7.5 speaking 7 in all category.. Writing task will be the most difficult one, youll never know what type of question that they will asked you especially for academic module and it is time bounded sometimes i cannot think what to write or how to compose a better paragraph if your under time pressure, followed by listening, though all of the answers are there, you just have to stay focus in every conversation once the CD is played. The next one will be reading coz all of the answers are there, sometimes its hard to find the right answer especially if the type of question is heading matching and tru false or not given.. and last will be the speaking which i find the most easiest one.. you just have to elaborate everything especially the topic that your examiner wants you to discuss

BeautifulSoul

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
khi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Isb
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05th July 2011
Med's Request
04th August 2011
Med's Done....
09th August 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12th August 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Hoping to hear soon..
hey all..
I will be appearing on nov 20th for academic.
and i find speaking da most difficult. as far as writing is concerned, dats nt an issue for me as i hv been writing for my uni and magazines. reading is fine too and same goes with listening.. bt prob occurs whn comes to speaking part.
the connection between brain and tongue lost.. it seems as i have enuff to sayy bt cant actually say it on time..if i manage, i use too many "and" and there is no cohesion in my speech..

can anyone suggest me something pls or any speaking topic or something?? i just read someone said that he got vegetables topic to speak..its unbelievable!!

winnycanada

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KEYS

Hello friends who have taken the IELTS or who have official information on the following:

when the question asks us the percentage of ...
should we write the answers with for example 5 or 5% ?

either will be correct or what?

thanks!!!

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
in IELTS Score maximum in reading and listening module. It is not easy to score more in writing and speaking module. With more in listening and reading the average would go up.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Re: KEYS

winnycanada said:
Hello friends who have taken the IELTS or who have official information on the following:

when the question asks us the percentage of ...
should we write the answers with for example 5 or 5% ?

either will be correct or what?

thanks!!!
5 is the answer if the question begins with The percentage....For example: The percentage of unemployment in 2009 was 20...(not 20%)
Regards,
Dr.Hasib

Esther2010

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BeautifulSoul said:
hey all..
I will be appearing on nov 20th for academic.
and i find speaking da most difficult. as far as writing is concerned, dats nt an issue for me as i hv been writing for my uni and magazines. reading is fine too and same goes with listening.. bt prob occurs whn comes to speaking part.
the connection between brain and tongue lost.. it seems as i have enuff to sayy bt cant actually say it on time..if i manage, i use too many "and" and there is no cohesion in my speech..

can anyone suggest me something pls or any speaking topic or something?? i just read someone said that he got vegetables topic to speak..its unbelievable!!
i took IELTS twice already and got band 7 on both, was aiming for a perfect band of 9.... anyways, on my speaking part the topic given to me was to say something about "beaches" and the other is "park w/n a city", weird hey!

gcctocanada

Jun 12, 2010
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/5/10
AOR Received.
4/15/10
IELTS Request
4/15/10
File Transfer...
9/23/10
Med's Request
6/20/13
Med's Done....
7/17/13- with PC and RPRF
Passport Req..
9/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/06/2013
LANDED..........
12/9/2013 EDMONTON
Esther2010 said:
i took IELTS twice already and got band 7 on both, was aiming for a perfect band of 9.... anyways, on my speaking part the topic given to me was to say something about "beaches" and the other is "park w/n a city", weird hey!
Nothing is weird about that question in IELTS...all questions there are everyday/day to day things people do or did in the past and your opinion of things around you. They want to test how you will handle the explaination not only the content of your answer. how you will build and express the sentences and paragraphs in simple, cohesive and coherent way.

some of my questions were: shopping, exercise, use the phone or the landline, ethnic group of people and so much (sound like) mundane matters i already forgot.

so how was your score? :)

levi201287

Aug 30, 2018
Chennai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I got 8 overall, Listening 8.5, Reading 8.0, Speaking 7.5, Writing 7.5.

I don't say Writing is difficult but you need to practice hard because there is a specific time limit and u need to address the question correctly while fulfilling the minimum no. of words.
Hi,
Can you share your tips and strategies for Listening, I've taken IELTS 5 times, and my listening scores are not improving.
I've identified that MCQ's (with lengthy answers) is difficult for me.
Also for writing, what's the structure you've followed? do you have any online materials for WT2?