+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the most difficult part in IELTS test?

4mera

immigrantapplicant said:
I got 8 overall, Listening 8.5, Reading 8.0, Speaking 7.5, Writing 7.5.

I don't say Writing is difficult but you need to practice hard because there is a specific time limit and u need to address the question correctly while fulfilling the minimum no. of words.

what was your strategy in reading task ?do you think there is a specific way to be ready for the reading exam?

immigrantapplicant

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 18th, 2010
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted along with initial doc.
4mera said:
what was your strategy in reading task ?do you think there is a specific way to be ready for the reading exam?
Actually there are different approaches available to address Reading Task. It depends upon which technique suits u. My approach was to have a Bird's Eye view on the text and then go directly to the questions and then come back to the text to find the answers.

4mera

immigrantapplicant said:
Actually there are different approaches available to address Reading Task. It depends upon which technique suits u. My approach was to have a Bird's Eye view on the text and then go directly to the questions and then come back to the text to find the answers.

thank you very much immigrantapplicant for sharing us your experyence
i hope i can choose a good strategy to focus on it while anwering the reading questions

gcctocanada

Jun 12, 2010
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/5/10
AOR Received.
4/15/10
IELTS Request
4/15/10
File Transfer...
9/23/10
Med's Request
6/20/13
Med's Done....
7/17/13- with PC and RPRF
Passport Req..
9/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/06/2013
LANDED..........
12/9/2013 EDMONTON
Reading with True/false and not given question...got 5question in my exam and got 6.5 band only..others are 8.5,7,7.

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Choosing headings for paragraphs are also tricky ones and will eat up your a lot of time.

At the end of the day, practice is key to success.

gcctocanada

Jun 12, 2010
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/5/10
AOR Received.
4/15/10
IELTS Request
4/15/10
File Transfer...
9/23/10
Med's Request
6/20/13
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
9/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/06/2013
LANDED..........
12/9/2013 EDMONTON
asad100101 said:
Choosing headings for paragraphs are also tricky ones and will eat up your a lot of time.

At the end of the day, practice is key to success.
That is so true and I agree with you asad...pheww...my mistakes in the reading which is 5 items maybe just from this questions and the T/F/NG only..., to those who are going to take the exam, so learn from us...just practice and practice.

God bless.

hasnaat

Jul 7, 2010
Multan
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have noticed one thing,

IELTS difficulty level has immensely been increased.

I found Listening the most toughest one this time.

Rest was all okay.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
hasnaat said:
i have noticed one thing,

IELTS difficulty level has immensely been increased.

I found Listening the most toughest one this time.

Rest was all okay.
hasnaat,

I can't agree less with you.

The reading for real tough, I just hope that they will consider some of us whose English is not our first Language. Really July 17, 2010 IELTS was tough.

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hasnaat,

How did you perform on your speaking section? Share some of the questions that were asked.

gcctocanada

Jun 12, 2010
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/5/10
AOR Received.
4/15/10
IELTS Request
4/15/10
File Transfer...
9/23/10
Med's Request
6/20/13
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
9/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/06/2013
LANDED..........
12/9/2013 EDMONTON
Hi asad... if I may also give some input

The interviewer asked me about:

Part 1 - tell me about your job? Where I came from, is it a tourist attraction, what are those attractions and why do i think it is popular
Do i like shopping, how often, what and where.

Part 2 - Exciting Message received via (choose1) telephone, SMS or email
-from whom?
- what is the message?
- who i tell the exciment news first?
-Why is it important to me?

Part 3 - all about communication- Do you think people communicate more effective now or before? why do you think information can be overwhleming? What was the different communication method 10years ago, comparing it now? do you think it is faster now?

Maybe there are 2 or more questions i forgot ;D i took the exam last June 26. My speaking exam band is 7. It was with a british guy.

Are you going to write the exam soon?

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gcctocanada,

Hasnaat and I took the same test on July 17, which was held in Pakistan. I had my speaking test scheduled on 18 july and he had his speaking test one day after mine.

I was just curious about his performance in the speaking section and would like him to give a general idea about the topics that were normally asked so that new test takers can get benefit from them.

I used to score band 7 in my last two attempts and hoping for the same this time around as well.

However, out of these three speaking interviews, I was able to perform much better this time around.

I can guage this by myself. It would be great if I could score half band extra. It was not possible for an examiner to give extra band in the speaking section previously so the rules are a bit lax now.

This time around speaking section lasted for quite long than I was expecting I believe well over 15 minutes and were asked about 30 questions in total. My answers were a bit long too.

It was never the case with previous interviewers. I was almost done in 10-14 questions. However, all three ladies had smiled back to me once I was finished speaking so I am not expecting less than 7 band this time. Their smile is enough clue for me that I am not a 6 band achiever esp in speaking section.

hasnaat

Jul 7, 2010
Multan
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
speaking test went fine.

but I am not too sure if i kept on maintaining consistent eye contact.

well, as I have already mentioned in my earlier post that IELTS standards are improved over the past few years.

For speaking.

Examiner never asked those questions which we usually find in practice test material like intro ,town,early education .

He asked me are you student or work?

How you felt on first day at work.

do you like traveling, and where have you been and what you have like the most.

what TV drama you watch but dislike

why you watch them

what made you watch these ....

Tell me any TV program you witnessed and and what you noticed / observed and how you find it.

how can one become a good TV actor

Difference between good and bad actor.

what makes you a good/bad actor.

why some actors are paid much these day.

What is Govt role to improve high quality of TV industry.

What are the changes you observed over the last few years in this industry.

How those changes impact the viewers.

well these are almost all the question at large that the Examiner asked me.

I kept on talking with no pause and breaks and with sufficient details as well as example.

But the only thing which i am afraid of. I don't remember if i maintained the eye contact.

Anyways. let us see how he marks my speaking test.

By the way. he liked my name as he told me the name of his middle son is same as of mine:p

over all, out of four IELTS module I performed poor in Listening although I had best performance in this module before taking actual test.
On test day I did the best of best in Reading module.

speaking and writing went fine.

so over all I am expecting 6.5 bands and if listening went fine too. 7 is obvious. :)

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your topics are a bit tough for me. Thanks God I didn't get such topics.

Did you take GT or Academic module? As for GT, Reading and writing sections are different from those of Academic.

Anyways, we all are done with the real test. My score will be SMSed on July 30 on my cell phone. Report card will be dispatched by next day.

8-9 days to go for knowing the actual score , just pray.

Asad

hasnaat

Jul 7, 2010
Multan
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It was an Academic Module.

Let us see ....i will keep you guys updated.

But again. Listening section ****** me:(

wt1

Jul 23, 2010
I helped a friend prepare and listening was once of the toughest ones.

Practice is the only thing that helps. If you can get the Cambridge IELTS books and CD's those are very useful.

For writing, we would do simulated tests but make the writing time 10-15 minutes shorter to improve speed.

With the speaking, it helps to have several friends play the part of the interviewer so you don't get used to one speaking style and accent.

Most of all, it helps to setup as close to the test conditions as possible so that you can build up your endurance.