+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Timeline/Tracking 2019

sukham123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Guys - Can someone please confirm if this is as expected?

1. August 2014 - Got my bachelors (India) evaluated from WES
2. April 2018 - Requested course by course evaluation on previous evaluation to start a Masters degree in the US.
3. May 16, 2019 - Submitted an application to upgrade my education to Masters or evaluate my Master's degree with WES.
4. June 12, 2019 - WES changed the status to HOLD, saying they need a bachelors degree certificate and transcripts from Indian university again.

I was told by WES customer service, when I applied for a master's degree upgrade (in May 2019) that WES already has my bachelors documents so no need to send them again. But what I got today is totally contradicting.

@dotslash227
Have to resend it as the bachelor's at the time wasn't sent from the University directly.. change in rule

DxR

Jun 12, 2019
Etobicoke
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-09-2019
Hello everyone! Documents received May 28th and are under review. Since then no updates. Is it normal? I see here people with similar timeline already have at least one update

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Finally got my WES

Account created - 10/21/2019
Documents Sent by DHL - 04/10/2019
Received by WES - 04/13/2019
First Update (Documents received. Documents under review) - 04/16/2019
Second Update (Documents received. Documents under review) - 04/23/2019
Third Update (All documents have been accepted and your evaluation is in the review. Completion is due on 06/11/2019 ) - 05/22/2019
Your report is completed and ready for download - 06/12/2019

I had did a 4 year course Bachelor of Clinical Optometry

Canadian Equivalency: Four years of professional study in Optometry

Getting Master's equivalent points for a bachelor degree ;-)
That's awesome. Congratulation. Time to celebrate :D:D

sukham123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Finally got my WES

Account created - 10/21/2019
Documents Sent by DHL - 04/10/2019
Received by WES - 04/13/2019
First Update (Documents received. Documents under review) - 04/16/2019
Second Update (Documents received. Documents under review) - 04/23/2019
Third Update (All documents have been accepted and your evaluation is in the review. Completion is due on 06/11/2019 ) - 05/22/2019
Your report is completed and ready for download - 06/12/2019

I had did a 4 year course Bachelor of Clinical Optometry

Canadian Equivalency: Four years of professional study in Optometry

Getting Master's equivalent points for a bachelor degree ;-)
Congratulations

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
My WES Timeline:
Account Created: 22/04/2019
Profile Submitted: 29/05/2019
Docs Received by WES as per Courier tracking no. given by University: 07/06/2019
Status Update - We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s).: 11/06/2019

Any idea how long does it normally takes to get the actual ECA from this point onwards? Not seeing any due date.
WES is taking around 35 business days to complete your ECA from the date of first update, which is equal to 7 calendar weeks. Business days do not include weekends and public holidays. If there are any public holidays in between, there would be a shift in timelines.

Reactions: Dheana90

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Guys - Can someone please confirm if this is as expected?

1. August 2014 - Got my bachelors (India) evaluated from WES
2. April 2018 - Requested course by course evaluation on previous evaluation to start a Masters degree in the US.
3. May 16, 2019 - Submitted an application to upgrade my education to Masters or evaluate my Master's degree with WES.
4. June 12, 2019 - WES changed the status to HOLD, saying they need a bachelors degree certificate and transcripts from Indian university again.

I was told by WES customer service, when I applied for a master's degree upgrade (in May 2019) that WES already has my bachelors documents so no need to send them again. But what I got today is totally contradicting.

@dotslash227
From where did you do your Masters? Is it a US Master's or an Indian Master's?

US Masters generally do not require bachelor transcripts, however, Indian Master's do require re-submission of bachelor documents.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hello everyone! Documents received May 28th and are under review. Since then no updates. Is it normal? I see here people with similar timeline already have at least one update
Yes, it is normal. Ideally, you should receive one more update with the same status "Documents received. Documents under review", but it is not necessary that you will receive it. Ideally, it takes around 35 business days or 7 calendar weeks to get an ECA from the date of your first status.

Reactions: DxR

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Mine was due on 10 Jun. No changes yet
Mine was due on 11th June and waited till 12th June IST for an update. However, I sent an email to WES, requesting for an update at 3AM EST 12th June and got my ECA on 12th June 3.30PM EST

If you have still not received an update from WES, send them an email.

Herlo

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Mine was due on 11th June and waited till 12th June IST for an update. However, I sent an email to WES, requesting for an update at 3AM EST 12th June and got my ECA on 12th June 3.30PM EST

If you have still not received an update from WES, send them an email.
I dropped a note to them on the ' contact us' page.. is that what you did? Or is there an email ID to reach out to them?

Herlo

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
From where did you do your Masters? Is it a US Master's or an Indian Master's?

US Masters generally do not require bachelor transcripts, however, Indian Master's do require re-submission of bachelor documents.
Not all the master's. Because in my case its M.Tech, and it is mentioned on wes website that M.tech graduates need not send Bachelor's degree

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
I dropped a note to them on the ' contact us' page.. is that what you did? Or is there an email ID to reach out to them?
No. There is no public contact email of WES. By emailing WES, we mean, leave a note on the contact us page. They do act on messages received via contact us form.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Not all the master's. Because in my case its M.Tech, and it is mentioned on wes website that M.tech graduates need not send Bachelor's degree
But, they did end up asking you for your bachelor documents, so, you will need to send them your bachelor documents as well, again.

WES can change their policies whenever they want and it is not necessary for them to update it on their website or notify applicants.

Herlo

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
But, they did end up asking you for your bachelor documents, so, you will need to send them your bachelor documents as well, again.

WES can change their policies whenever they want and it is not necessary for them to update it on their website or notify applicants.
Dude, my wife got her WES report on 7th Jun, for M.Tech. She did not send her Bachelor's degree docs

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Dude, my wife got her WES report on 7th Jun, for M.Tech. She did not send her Bachelor's degree docs
I believe you. But, they did ask you to send the documents? Ain't it? If they did, you will need to send them your documents. You need to choose your battles. Either fight the system or send those documents and get your ECA. I'd choose to send documents and get over with it.

WES creates and modifies policies on a case to case basis. Not necessary, the policy they applied on your wife would be on yours too. You could, however, write to them or call them and request them that your M.Tech wife was not asked for bachelor documents but you are and their website also mentions otherwise, it would be totally up to them to accept your request or not.