+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Weird Update

MarkSpenser

Star Member
Mar 23, 2023
Received the same ADR. I will submit the documents on monday. Not sure why they need the CV. Have you received any update on your application?
Yesterday, I called IRCC. The agent said the last note was the same day as when I received the AOR. This means that nobody has touched my case since then. More that 1 month has already passed.

sagarmakkar1991

Jan 9, 2019
Yesterday, I called IRCC. The agent said the last note was the same day as when I received the AOR. This means that nobody has touched my case since then. More that 1 month has already passed.
That's really bad. I believe I should be prepared for a similar situation. It appears that we might be undergoing additional screening for our applications. If you don't mind sharing, could you kindly let me know which country you are from?

MarkSpenser

Star Member
Mar 23, 2023
That's really bad. I believe I should be prepared for a similar situation. It appears that we might be undergoing additional screening for our applications. If you don't mind sharing, could you kindly let me know which country you are from?
The idea that some people are talking about or looking for certain signs or coincidences and then claim that something might be a hint of SS is total nonsense. Nobody knows anything, and those who do know (like legalfalkon) say that it's normal practice and doesn't indicate SS at all. If in the future the case goes to SS, it won't be related to them asking for a CV. They request CVs to get more information about your work or study experience; it's a very common practice. If the case had gone to SS, it wouldn't be frustrating to wait, because there's a process happening. But what's frustrating here is that nobody has touched the documents that I uploaded.

PS Answer about country to PM

Last edited:

sagarmakkar1991

Jan 9, 2019
The idea that some people are talking about or looking for certain signs or coincidences and then claim that something might be a hint of SS is total nonsense. Nobody knows anything, and those who do know (like legalfalkon) say that it's normal practice and doesn't indicate SS at all. If in the future the case goes to SS, it won't be related to them asking for a CV. They request CVs to get more information about your work or study experience; it's a very common practice. If the case had gone to SS, it wouldn't be frustrating to wait, because there's a process happening. But what's frustrating here is that nobody has touched the documents that I uploaded.

PS Answer about country to PM
I understand your frustration. Unfortunately, all we can do is wait for further updates. I've made efforts to gather information, but nothing concrete has emerged. It seems that these requests are not based on specific countries or professions, as they appear to be randomly sent out. I agree with your point that at the very least, they should begin with the security screening or other steps to avoid leaving files untouched for an extended period, which is unacceptable. May I ask if you received this request after completing your eligibility check, or was it before that? For my situation, I received the request five days after the eligibility check was completed.

MarkSpenser

Star Member
Mar 23, 2023
I understand your frustration. Unfortunately, all we can do is wait for further updates. I've made efforts to gather information, but nothing concrete has emerged. It seems that these requests are not based on specific countries or professions, as they appear to be randomly sent out. I agree with your point that at the very least, they should begin with the security screening or other steps to avoid leaving files untouched for an extended period, which is unacceptable. May I ask if you received this request after completing your eligibility check, or was it before that? For my situation, I received the request five days after the eligibility check was completed.
Eligibility still “in progress”

sagarmakkar1991

Jan 9, 2019
When was your file submitted / AOR?
ITA 29 March
AOR 22 May
BIL 13 June
Med passed 13 June
Eligibility completed 13 July (Eligibility never started, straightaway completed)
ADR 19 July - only primary applicant
Asking for CV
Supplementary information requests for student
IMM 5669e

Not sure why I received this form "Supplementary information requests for student"

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
ITA 29 March
AOR 22 May
BIL 13 June
Med passed 13 June
Eligibility completed 13 July (Eligibility never started, straightaway completed)
ADR 19 July - only primary applicant
Asking for CV
Supplementary information requests for student
IMM 5669e

Not sure why I received this form "Supplementary information requests for student"
You're posting in the family sponsorship forum, and the ITA indicates your file is not family sponsorship. Input from others here will likely not be relevant to your case. Post in the relevant forum.