Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
So being married to a cousin is something that is acceptable? I mean, there is a higher chance of genetic defects for children born to people who married their cousin. It has also been said that the further apart the parents are (e.g. one parent from North America, the other from Asia), the smarter the children will be and the less chance of genetic defects. Just something to think about, because although marrying your cousin is legal in Canada (and several other countries), it is not normal among most Canadians.

FS

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Rob_TO said:
No, i dont think it would at all.

First off, the VO would have no way of knowing WHEN the joint account or insurance was applied for, if you don't want them to know. Just make sure you only show them proof of an account existing, not when it was actually opened. They will never contact a bank or insurance company to actually inquire.

And second, its perfectly normal for people to get married and then want their PR as soon as humanly possible, so they submit the application as soon as they can (most often within weeks or months of the marriage). And also considering things like joining finances are commonly done AFTER marriage, its perfectly acceptable that the timing of these things are done right before an app is mailed in.
When we got our joint account translated and notarized, it showed the date when we opened the account. I guess that's just a China thing.

I guess you are right about wanting to become a PR ASAP after getting married, but I still think for some VOs, they might consider it suspicious, especially if the other proof is not very strong.

FS