+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to move to Canada

Thanks.

Leon, do the tickets just get sent by email soon after I order them, or do I have to wait a few days or so before I get them?

I need to give at least a week when sending the information to Bunac, and I am planning on leaving 23rd, so that's 3 weeks roughly.

So if I ordered them tonight, is there a chance I would have them tomorrow?

And Leon, I just wanna say thanks again. I understand it must be annoying seeing me asking so many questions, but everytime you help me, so thanks.

Also, on the Air Canada site it says:

Check your photo IDs
By law, each passenger who appears to be 18 years of age or older must present one (1) piece of government-issued ID with photo, or two (2) pieces of government-issued ID without photo. The name on the ID must match the passenger name as it appears on the ticket. Make sure your identification is valid for the full duration of your travels. Allow adequate time to obtain or renew any identification and/or other travel documentation your travels may require.

So is my passport just the issued ID I need, yeah?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You get the Air Canada tickets pretty fast, I would say you would have them tomorrow if you order tonight.

Your ID is your passport.

Damnit! Couldn't order my tickets, I need a credit card, and I only have a debit card, it's a good thing I applied for one the other day, so hopefully it arrives this week.

If I don't get my credit card, and just go travel agent to book flights instead of air canada.

I just send the flight information to Bunac, like, the form they give me with purchase stating dates I am going etc... I just scan that and send it with the insurance thing?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, scan the tickets and receipts and send them to BUNAC. You can also, if you know anybody who has a credit card, give them the money and get to use their card for the website.

Was looking around on sites today, and British Airways has the dates and everything I want, and I can pay by my maestro card on there, so I might book my flights with them.

Just not sure whether they have the tickets that are emailed to me, or whether they post them to me, as I can't see anything about it on site.

EDIT:

it has this:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/eticket/public/en_gb

So I assume it's same as Air Canada then, yeah?

About to click order, got a date going as 23rd September, and return date as 25th August 2010.

They said I must take the card I am paying with to airport, in order to check in and I will not receive a paper ticket, they will email me a ticket.

My friend said he travels to America with British Airways and has no problems with them, so it should be fine.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same thing with Air Canada, you get a ticket in e-mail and print it out to take to the airport. If they have machines to check in at the airport, you can use the same credit card that you paid with to do that.

All done, got this in email:

Thank you for booking with British Airways.

Ticket Type: e-ticket

This is your e-ticket receipt. Your ticket is held in our systems, you will not receive a paper ticket for your booking.

Please remember you must bring the card used to pay for this booking to the airport with you, for verification, before you can travel.

Your itinerary is detailed below.

How do I obtain the e-ticket now? =/

Ah right, so when I leave, I just print off this whole receipt and take my card?

Edit:

The itinerary thing is the receipt I print out, yeah?

It says, this is not a boarding pass, I still need one of them to fly (which I assume as usual is obtained at airport) and that I should take this document airport along with my card.

Also says, this document replaces the need to take my e-ticket receipt to the airport.