+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting period

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If IRCC has asked for adress in canada, date of entry, height and eye colour. Does that mean PR is final?
If they ask for this info outside of the context of a passport request (which does mean approved) or invitation to virtual landing, I've not seen it. But if you want to check, it would make more sense to share the text of what you got (removing personal info of course).

Or call IRCC.

Now in context of pre-arrival - see? The pre-arrival didn't tell you much (apart from how to access pre-arrival services). Waiting a week or so did.

Tejkundral

Apr 29, 2024
If they ask for this info outside of the context of a passport request (which does mean approved) or invitation to virtual landing, I've not seen it. But if you want to check, it would make more sense to share the text of what you got (removing personal info of course).

Or call IRCC.

Now in context of pre-arrival - see? The pre-arrival didn't tell you much (apart from how to access pre-arrival services). Waiting a week or so did.
Your application for permanent residence is now ready for finalization pending the
confirmation of your permanent residence status. You’ll complete this process through
the Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation).

This is what the letter says.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Your application for permanent residence is now ready for finalization pending the
confirmation of your permanent residence status. You’ll complete this process through
the Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation).

This is what the letter says.
I doubt it says 'pending confirmation of your permanent residence status.' It seems to be asking you to confirm that you are physically in Canada (residence).

But yes - this is passport request/invitation to do virtual landing. Finalization means finalization. It's been approved. The rest is administrative.

Reactions: YVR123