+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa still processing after 8 months

HemdonG

Feb 4, 2015
Hi All,

I applied for my parents visitor visa back in December 2023 from Pakistan through GCKey.

It's been almost 8 months with no update to their application. I followed up with IRCC back in May 2024 and they told me to wait.

It's incredibly frustrating and I don't know what to do next. I applied for GCMS notes for my dad and they seem to be stuck on security clearance.

Can anyone advise me on this and if anyone experienced this issue before?

Thank you,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I applied for my parents visitor visa back in December 2023 from Pakistan through GCKey.

It's been almost 8 months with no update to their application. I followed up with IRCC back in May 2024 and they told me to wait.

It's incredibly frustrating and I don't know what to do next. I applied for GCMS notes for my dad and they seem to be stuck on security clearance.

Thank you,
Is there a reason for them to require longer security process like served in military, senior government worker, etc?

Ghooriha

Jul 31, 2024
Hi All,

Thank you,
What is the timeline? Is the background/eligibility already processed?