+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Fiance to come visit Canada for 10 days

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
Hi Everyone

I am getting married next year in India and it's been a while since i've met my fiance as i couldn't go back after we got engaged. She currently works as a Senior Engineer in one of Fortune 500 companies in India and has a decent bank balance. Also there would be no issues for her to get a NOC for coming to visit Canada through her company. My questions are :-

1. Is it a good enough reason for her to visit me or could that be a reason for rejection?
2. Is there something special I can do to make this case stronger?
3. We're scheduled to get married in April of next year so would that make sense to attach those proofs?
4. What are the proofs we can use to prove that we are indeed engaged?
5. If you think chances are low, should i apply for her to attend a conference or something?

Note: She definitely has to go back because of her job and has no plans to stay here in actual.

Help me out guys, I know there are many like me who've gone through this or are currently in the same boat or planning to do this. Let's share.

Reactions: SunnyG123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's not clear what your status is in Canada.

You should focus on evidence that demonstrates she has strong ties to her home country.

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
It's not clear what your status is in Canada.

You should focus on evidence that demonstrates she has strong ties to her home country.
I am a Canadian Citizen.

To prove strong ties what i currently have for her is :-

1. A Senior level job with a major IT giant.
2. Investments in bonds.
3. Bank Balance.

Not sure what else would constitute under strong ties.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am a Canadian Citizen.

To prove strong ties what i currently have for her is :-

1. A Senior level job with a major IT giant.
2. Investments in bonds.
3. Bank Balance.

Not sure what else would constitute under strong ties.
OK - in that case the chances of refusal are unfortunately fairly high since IRCC may think she is coming to stay longer term.

Again, focus on her ties to her home country rather than her ties to you. She should show she has sufficient money in her bank account to pay for the trip. Ideally she should be able to sponsor the entire trip herself without any support from you. Yes - she should show evidence of her job - including a letter from her employer confirming her role, how long she has been working there and the dates of her approved leave. She should include proof of property ownership if she has anything - or proof of property rental (if she rents). Yes - she should include evidence of other investments she has. Definitely keep the trip to 2-3 weeks at most.

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
OK - in that case the chances of refusal are unfortunately fairly high since IRCC may think she is coming to stay longer term.

Again, focus on her ties to her home country rather than her ties to you. She should show she has sufficient money in her bank account to pay for the trip. Ideally she should be able to sponsor the entire trip herself without any support from you. Yes - she should show evidence of her job - including a letter from her employer confirming her role, how long she has been working there and the dates of her approved leave. She should include proof of property ownership if she has anything - or proof of property rental (if she rents). Yes - she should include evidence of other investments she has. Definitely keep the trip to 2-3 weeks at most.
Yes, I am not sponsoring any part of her application and she is going to self fund it. We can arrange the information from employer, that shouldn't be a problem. And I am keeping the trip to around 10 days max.

Do you think if we get her to attend a conference here, would that be a better idea than coming here to meet me?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, I am not sponsoring any part of her application and she is going to self fund it. We can arrange the information from employer, that shouldn't be a problem. And I am keeping the trip to around 10 days max.

Do you think if we get her to attend a conference here, would that be a better idea than coming here to meet me?
I would recommend against creating a reason for her to come here (i.e. the conference). IRCC has seen this before. It will likely harm rather than help the application and make the whole thing look more suspicious to them.

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
I would recommend against creating a reason for her to come here (i.e. the conference). IRCC has seen this before. It will likely harm rather than help the application and make the whole thing look more suspicious to them.
Even if we do that without mentioning that her fiance is here in Canada? The whole point, I am trying to do this is because our reasons are genuine and she will go back as she has no choice but we just want her to be able to get the visa.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Even if we do that without mentioning that her fiance is here in Canada? The whole point, I am trying to do this is because our reasons are genuine and she will go back as she has no choice but we just want her to be able to get the visa.
Sure - she can try that. Although the conference story only makes sense to me if the entire thing (i.e. flight, hotel, conference fees) is covered by her employer. Does she have extensive (or any) previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the UK or US?

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
She's been to Europe for a couple of times through her employer, so she does have a Schengen visa stamped on her passport.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She's been to Europe for a couple of times through her employer, so she does have a Schengen visa stamped on her passport.
That will help.

Again, I think the conference only makes sense if it's employer funded. Having said that, she's certainly free to try.

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
In case that is refused, would that have any negative effects once we apply for her sponsorship, after the wedding?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
In case that is refused, would that have any negative effects once we apply for her sponsorship, after the wedding?
One refusals will have no negative impact. Multiple refusals may.

pp01

Sep 18, 2014
Category........
App. Filed.......
26-03-2019
Hi Everyone

I am getting married next year in India and it's been a while since i've met my fiance as i couldn't go back after we got engaged. She currently works as a Senior Engineer in one of Fortune 500 companies in India and has a decent bank balance. Also there would be no issues for her to get a NOC for coming to visit Canada through her company. My questions are :-

1. Is it a good enough reason for her to visit me or could that be a reason for rejection?
2. Is there something special I can do to make this case stronger?
3. We're scheduled to get married in April of next year so would that make sense to attach those proofs?
4. What are the proofs we can use to prove that we are indeed engaged?
5. If you think chances are low, should i apply for her to attend a conference or something?

Note: She definitely has to go back because of her job and has no plans to stay here in actual.

Help me out guys, I know there are many like me who've gone through this or are currently in the same boat or planning to do this. Let's share.
Hi ,
I am also in the same situation. I am permanent resident in Canada and getting married later this year in India. I am looking for advises on how to bring my wife to Canada after our marriage. Please share your experience if you have applied visa.

Appreciate your inputs.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Apply for her Permenent residence. A TRV after marriage will be difficult to get. Or apply for a TRV now, before you get married.