+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa refused twice non-sense reasons

AUHEXX

Jul 25, 2014
Hi,

We were planning to visit Canada this August for Tourism & to see some of the family members in Canada whom we have not seen in 10 years. I made it clear that we had no intentions whatsoever to stay in Canada but still we got rejected for this reason.

I have provided fully paid return tickets to my home country, provided job letter stating i will be back on time, my kids schools enrollment in my current location & so on..

we got the following reasons:

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident.
In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

1. Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
2.Your personal assets and financial status

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

Although the financials was not an issue the first time & I applied within 1 week from the first time, which means my situation did not change at all. We have invitation letters from the family stating that they would provide accommodation & food & anything during our stay but still... Non-sense..

Any one has any experience in this? please help!

VBSB

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Feb 2012
Interview........
Jan 2012
Passport Req..
Sent in Feb 2012.....Decision Made on 16th April 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
13 April 2012
AUHEXX said:
Hi,

We were planning to visit Canada this August for Tourism & to see some of the family members in Canada whom we have not seen in 10 years. I made it clear that we had no intentions whatsoever to stay in Canada but still we got rejected for this reason.

I have provided fully paid return tickets to my home country, provided job letter stating i will be back on time, my kids schools enrollment in my current location & so on..

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident.

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

Although the financials was not an issue the first time & I applied within 1 week from the first time, which means my situation did not change at all. We have invitation letters from the family stating that they would provide accommodation & food & anything during our stay but still... Non-sense..

What all did you show as financial proof?

rannvveer

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
new delhi
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/07/2014
AOR Received.
sept9th 2014
File Transfer...
sept20th
Med's Done....
20/05/2014
hi!!!!can my spouse in delhi apply visa in Canada.. I just send the process for immigration this weel to Mississauga.. but I was thinking of her to visit me...any help would be deeply appreciated

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
AUHEXX said:
Hi,

do you rent or own a home? proof of land is considered a strong tie.

AUHEXX

Jul 25, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
do you rent or own a home? proof of land is considered a strong tie.
VBSB said:
What all did you show as financial proof?
Hi guys,

Thank you for your reply,

This got too frustrating that I have been sleepless thinking about this unfair case, Just to make this clear I provided the following:

1. House lease contract. (I can't afford to buy a house where i live)
2. Bank statement showing my salary for the past six months.
3. a letter from my employer with my annual Salary, recommendation, the dates I am planning to leave & come back.
4. I have two cars here which are mortgaged to the local bank, I showed those as well.
5. I am enrolled in a local university & got a letter as well confirming this.
6. my contract with my employer valid till march 2015 & auto-renewed everywhere (I emphasized on this point)
7. My wife also was hired recently, no salary to the bank proof yet, but we showed the job offer letter & starting date & all contacts for her employer if they wanted to check.

& I asked the officer in many different location to "Please ask me if anything else is required, we have no intention to stay there", but I guess it all went in vein. I was told by the embassy that they don't make decisions based on a previous refusal, but I can't stop thinking this was not true!

Our relatives were going to take care of the accommodation & we took care of the return tickets, I booked them for real to make the officer see how genuine we are about this & I got every single document I could, now i am out of proofs, seriously!

Regards

M

mikeymyke

Either your bank account is low, or its high, but someone made a recent large deposit into your account. Also your family ties are weak because you mentioned you have family in Canada. Also, it's a bit unwise to buy tickets before you're approved, unless they were refundable.

AUHEXX

Jul 25, 2014
mikeymyke said:
Either your bank account is low, or its high, but someone made a recent large deposit into your account. Also your family ties are weak because you mentioned you have family in Canada. Also, it's a bit unwise to buy tickets before you're approved, unless they were refundable.
Thank you for your message Mikeymyke, so being honest about my family in Canada got me in trouble?! We are trying to be honest & not hide anything. But there's no reason for all of us to stay there, we have a pretty good life here, I made sure to explain this to the officer in my explanation letter & my purpose of visit.

And that's true I did take money from my wife's bank account & put it into my salary account just to show that we have enough money, since I am the applicant who need to show all the documents under my name, I have even provided the wife's bank statement showing the withdrawal transaction.

Yeah, I learned the tickets lesson the hard way, now I am fighting with the airlines for a refund of a non-refundable tickets!! talk about bad things happening all together in the same time! A mistake I will never repeat! I was too confident at that time.

I am sure they have not even looked into those documents after the first refusal!

AUHEXX

Jul 25, 2014
Even if I have a property here or whatever asset where I live or in my home country, this does not mean I would come back to it!

I don't think people should be treated based on what they might do later based on assumptions, I was very clear & honest in my application & that what should matter only.

Funny thing is that the embassy does not accept personal visits, phone calls, does not even reply to emails or social media! Its like I threw the family fees twice in the sea!

Applying again & paying the fees is a proof by itself that I am really trying to make a genuine case to them! both application were refused in the same hour after 3 days from biometrics submission.

Reactions: Kemy89

khansalmankk

May 22, 2014
Dear Auhexx,

In my opinion, you have provided them everything you can. Unfortunately, Visa officer do reject the application on I don’t know what basis. But few things you should have considered before applying for a Visa.

“I have provided fully paid return tickets to my home country”

As mikeymyke said, it’s unwise to buy confirmed tickets. Why did you do that brother? However, in my opinion, whether it is confirmed ticket or un-confirmed, Visa Officer are least bothered about it.

Refusal Reasons:

1) Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

Now, most important thing, family ties. I have heard that person who intends to invite his/her family members to Canada must write an invitation letter explaining the purpose of visit and duration of stay (including their Bank Statement, T1 or T4, Notice of Assessment etc). MOREOVER, to make the invitation letter strong, get the letter attested from renowned notary or from members of ICCRC. However, even that doesn’t guarantee a Visa. Please confirm this from your sources or some authorized consultant. I have heard about this recently so thought to share it with you.

2) Your personal assets and financial status.

As per my knowledge, if we exclude the moody nature of a Visa Officer, it entirely depends on the duration of stay. If you intend to stay for 15 days in Canada and showing over 10,000 CAD then it would raise the question of overstaying. So, that has to be considered as well. Still I don’t see any proper logic in it but this is how they look into applications.

garindan

Jun 24, 2014
Marriage certificates and birth certificates are very helpful in proving family ties. If you have invitation letters from your relatives stating that they'll be taking care of your accommodations and finances during your stay in Canada, your relatives need to provide proof that they have enough finances and a proper home. I learned this lesson after being refused a visa once, and I re-applied right away with the said documents. It might also help if your relatives provide an invitation in the form of a statutory declaration.

AUHEXX

Jul 25, 2014
khansalmankk said:
Dear Auhexx,

In my opinion, you have provided them everything you can. Unfortunately, Visa officer do reject the application on I don't know what basis. But few things you should have considered before applying for a Visa.

“I have provided fully paid return tickets to my home country”

As mikeymyke said, it's unwise to buy confirmed tickets. Why did you do that brother? However, in my opinion, whether it is confirmed ticket or un-confirmed, Visa Officer are least bothered about it.

Refusal Reasons:

1) Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

Now, most important thing, family ties. I have heard that person who intends to invite his/her family members to Canada must write an invitation letter explaining the purpose of visit and duration of stay (including their Bank Statement, T1 or T4, Notice of Assessment etc). MOREOVER, to make the invitation letter strong, get the letter attested from renowned notary or from members of ICCRC. However, even that doesn't guarantee a Visa. Please confirm this from your sources or some authorized consultant. I have heard about this recently so thought to share it with you.

2) Your personal assets and financial status.

As per my knowledge, if we exclude the moody nature of a Visa Officer, it entirely depends on the duration of stay. If you intend to stay for 15 days in Canada and showing over 10,000 CAD then it would raise the question of overstaying. So, that has to be considered as well. Still I don't see any proper logic in it but this is how they look into applications.

Thank you khansalmankk for your input.

We have provided an invitation letter stating everything we will do while we are with them, signed & showing the address & the contact details of my relatives. The idea is that now the officer will at least know exactly where I will be going & if I decided to flee or whatever he has my address & he can reach my relatives easily. So if instead I decided to deny my relations & get a fake hotel booking, they would accept my visa & they will not know where did I go after I entered Canada! Nothing makes sense in that in my opinion!

About the financial status, so if I am too rich & going to stay for 2 weeks, this means I will be refused anyway, Just saying.

garindan said:
Marriage certificates and birth certificates are very helpful in proving family ties. If you have invitation letters from your relatives stating that they'll be taking care of your accommodations and finances during your stay in Canada, your relatives need to provide proof that they have enough finances and a proper home. I learned this lesson after being refused a visa once, and I re-applied right away with the said documents. It might also help if your relatives provide an invitation in the form of a statutory declaration.
Thank you garindan for sharing your experience as well, They are still my relatives but I have not seen them in like 10 years, its fair enough that they have provided the invitation letters but bank details & other personal information, what if they don't want to share that with me?.

I wish I can get to the bottom of this & say it all to those officers or to whoever is making the policy!! they have all their details to check if they wanted.

garindan

Jun 24, 2014
AUHEXX said:
Thank you garindan for sharing your experience as well, They are still my relatives but I have not seen them in like 10 years, its fair enough that they have provided the invitation letters but bank details & other personal information, what if they don't want to share that with me?.

I wish I can get to the bottom of this & say it all to those officers or to whoever is making the policy!! they have all their details to check if they wanted.
Even with really strong evidence of employment and financial capacity, my first visa application was denied because I neglected to include my relatives' documents. If your relatives genuinely want to invite you to Canada, they should help you out. Let your relatives know that this is very important. They need to show proof that they are well-established in Canada and that they can support you while you're there.

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just dealt with a similar situation with one of my clients, in this case reason for denial was lack of travel history. Keep in mind I am an insurance broker not a lawyer or immigration consultant. I advised my client to get help from their MP. My client took my advise argued his case and was able to obtain a letter from the MP and reapplied. His visa was approved with the additional document from the MP.

I truly believe the best policy is honesty when dealing with Citizenship Immigration Canada. If the documents are put together properly you will be approved. What you have to appreciate is the amount of fraud that takes place and the difficult job of our immigration officers to be able to separate genuine applications from fraud, this is not an easy job. Sometimes honest people get denied, this is where they should reapply and provide additional documentation and/or get help.

AUHEXX

Jul 25, 2014
garindan said:
Even with really strong evidence of employment and financial capacity, my first visa application was denied because I neglected to include my relatives' documents. If your relatives genuinely want to invite you to Canada, they should help you out. Let your relatives know that this is very important. They need to show proof that they are well-established in Canada and that they can support you while you're there.
OK, What exactly do I need to ask for from my relatives? What about my family ties in my home country? I still don't have a reason to come back as they said. This would still be a problem since I am traveling with the whole family right? If I apply for my wife & 1 kid would they reject it and say "I am not satisfied that you have answered truthfully all questions put to you."?

Thanks