+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit canada after deportation

liova

Oct 23, 2008
Hello,
Me and my family came to Canada in 1997 as a refugee, in 2001 we ware deported.

is it possible for me to visit my sister in canada for 3 weeks?

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
It all depends on for how long your are baned from Canada. There are different "deparations" (or what ever the correct terminoligy is). If you were simply sent back to your country of origin, banned from entering Canada for a few years - or banned for life (which I doubt in your case). If you were only sent back or baned for 3 years, yes you should be able to apply for a visit visa and return.

liova

Oct 23, 2008
GK said:
It all depends on for how long your are baned from Canada. There are different "deparations" (or what ever the correct terminoligy is). If you were simply sent back to your country of origin, banned from entering Canada for a few years - or banned for life (which I doubt in your case). If you were only sent back or baned for 3 years, yes you should be able to apply for a visit visa and return.
so if i didnt baned for life from Canada, i can enter without any problems and without paying any fees?
where i can ask if i baned for life or no, can someone give me email or tel where i can ask?
Thanks for your help!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The simplest way to know would be to apply for a visit visa. If you are approved, then you can go. If not, then you can't.

ghiaskhan

Were ou formally deported.? If so the big bother "immigration computer" will retain your particulars, when ever you attempted to enter, your name will flash and the immigration officer will be alert to question you.
If you are from a country that requires visa to enter Canada, your application will be turned down.Sometimes you are given visa at your home country,but you get cought at the port of landing. Anyway good luck keep all aspects in mind.

wallie

Feb 2, 2009
hi.i have almost the same situation..but.i was told to leave canada and i didnt and some1 or haters reported me so they came to my house and i was sent back to st.lucia.i was juss woundering if anyone know how long its gonna take me to come back to canada,i'v been here for 1 yr 3 months and i dont need a visa to come to canada.it's juss buy a ticket and come.but i'm not sure if i'm going to be allowed to enter the country.can some1 explain to me if you understand what i just said..thank you.!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

wallie said:
hi.i have almost the same situation..but.i was told to leave canada and i didnt and some1 or haters reported me so they came to my house and i was sent back to st.lucia.i was juss woundering if anyone know how long its gonna take me to come back to canada,i'v been here for 1 yr 3 months and i dont need a visa to come to canada.it's juss buy a ticket and come.but i'm not sure if i'm going to be allowed to enter the country.can some1 explain to me if you understand what i just said..thank you.!
If you are deported you are banned for life from Canada. You require authorization from the Minister to return, which means you have to apply for ARC (Authorization to Return to Canada) for a visitor? extremely unlikely. You show up applying as a visitor, probably be detained and removed again.

PMM

HAZAR

Nov 10, 2010
PMM said:
Hi

If you are deported you are banned for life from Canada. You require authorization from the Minister to return, which means you have to apply for ARC (Authorization to Return to Canada) for a visitor? extremely unlikely. You show up applying as a visitor, probably be detained and removed again.

PMM
Dear PMM
That is for deported person,What will be the situation for departured (not deported) person ,is it possibale to apply fro visit visa .

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi
HAZAR said:
Dear PMM
That is for deported person,What will be the situation for departured (not deported) person ,is it possibale to apply fro visit visa .
They can apply for a TRV (visitor visa) and don't require an ARC. BUT if they received a departure notice for an overstay or working illegally, it will be looked at very very carefully before or if it issued.

brisal13

Nov 1, 2011
Hi, I'm a USA Citizen with a valid US passport who is in a long distance relationship with a Canadian Citizen for the past 5 years now and here's our situation:

In January 2008 I was deported from Canada for being inadmissible due to criminality;
On April 12, 2010 Application for Rehabilitation was approved (yes took 2 years!!)
In October 2010 submitted Authorization to Return to Canada;
In January 2011 emailed VO to inquire as no AOR had been received;
January 2011 VO requested additional materials re; solvency & family members' status;
In February 2011 submitted proof of employment, solvency and family members' status (my 5 children and parents who are all USA Citizens), as well as materials proving my relationship is ongoing and genuine (copies of long distance charges, cell phone records, email exchanges, travel expenses receipts (hotels reservations, flights tickets, etc.).

Questions: Shouldn't I have received a reply by now? What are the chances of being granted the ARC so I can visit my girlfriend and her family?

E

emmagail

it says on my removal order that i can return to canada after 1yr, but will i need a visa, or prior permission?

Removal was for an overstay, even though i have/had a restoration of status sent in.

I am irish, a visa exempt country

FAREEDAZIZ786

Oct 8, 2023
Hi, I'm a USA Citizen with a valid US passport who is in a long distance relationship with a Canadian Citizen for the past 5 years now and here's our situation:

In January 2008 I was deported from Canada for being inadmissible due to criminality;
On April 12, 2010 Application for Rehabilitation was approved (yes took 2 years!!)
In October 2010 submitted Authorization to Return to Canada;
In January 2011 emailed VO to inquire as no AOR had been received;
January 2011 VO requested additional materials re; solvency & family members' status;
In February 2011 submitted proof of employment, solvency and family members' status (my 5 children and parents who are all USA Citizens), as well as materials proving my relationship is ongoing and genuine (copies of long distance charges, cell phone records, email exchanges, travel expenses receipts (hotels reservations, flights tickets, etc.).

Questions: Shouldn't I have received a reply by now? What are the chances of being granted the ARC so I can visit my girlfriend and her family?
di du get approved arc yet? i was denied 5 times i am usa citizen