Interview........
05 March 2014
Passport Req..
29 April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 May 2014
newpal said:
HEY GUYS.. VIENNA is indeed alive :p

I recvd an email today. they are asking me to send them a Proof of RECENT COMMUNICATION.. I dont know HOW MUCH RECENT:: :Can anyone help me in this case?

Thanks,
Hey newpal, that's good news! I think recent means from the time you sent your app (even though it's not that recent unfortunately). Do you know more about the progress of your TRV?

newpal

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-13...Sent and recvd 13.01.14
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17.04.2013 Stage 2 AOR
Med's Request
request 05.03.14 sent & recvd 11.03.2014
Med's Done....
First 19.06.2012
Interview........
NOT APPLICABLE :P
Passport Req..
In Process
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully Today
LANDED..........
Tomorrow
Toronto ASAP said:
Hey newpal, that's good news! I think recent means from the time you sent your app (even though it's not that recent unfortunately). Do you know more about the progress of your TRV?
PASSPORT UNFORTUNATELY NOT YET ARRIVED...Yes I will send photos n all

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
sponsor2012 said:
Hello Friend!!!

Are you born German? If you ask me I'll tell you to stay in Germany. I'm very surprised when I see people from Germany want to move in Canada. For me Germany is the perfect country. If I can choose I'll move in Germany immediately. I worked for Macedonian company which works for Germany for 2.5 years. I love the work with German people. Use the German rules and the job is done. I spent one month in Germany to work on one project. You have nice public transportation system. German education is better than here. Even Macedonian education is better than Canadian. I'll write few experiences here and I'm very disappointed. Few days ago ours friend son came over our place to help him in math. He is a college student in Architecture. The math they study on the college we learned in primary school and maybe some parts in high school. ex. y=x^2+3x+4 find y if x=2. Yesterday I was to downtown Toronto. We are 42 km far away from downtown. The bus usually needs 40 min|(by schedule) to get to downtown. We needed 55 min to Toronto Union station 15 min more. Nothing couldn't move, we were stocked. They build North of Canada but nobody thinks about the traffic and to solve the problem with public transportation. It's disgusting. From downtown to home we took the Go (slow) train. One guy talk all the time on which station which doors will not open and in he put ramp on every station so wheelchair people could pass from train to outside or in other direction. Germany has excellent, super fast, on time trains. Now I'm searching for a job. The company usually ask for a Canadian experience. How can I get Canadian experience if nobody wants to hire me???? I landed on 4th November and I'm still waiting for the Permanent residence card. Last week was 44 days now they increased to 50 days. I'm tired of waitingggggggggggggggg.
I'm German and the only reason I am in Canada is my common-law partner whose job is hard to find in Germany (due to the lack of golf courses). I graduated at a "Gymnasium" and I finished my apprenticeship and my studies with best grades. But it didn't help me in Canada at all. They don't except my "way better" education here.
So I started working as a Food Counter Attendant and after 2 promotions I finally made it to a full-time office job with almost the same amount of money I earned in Germany. But it took 17 months of hard work to get there. So never give up and just start in a lower skilled job to gain some experience. There is always a possibility to find something better. At least it gives you something to do and you can improve your English :)

I would have never thought about immigrating to Canada but that's what you do for love, I guess ;-)

I like living here but of course, there are days when I miss home, especially friends and family. There are good things and bad things in every country and you have to compromise when you move somewhere else. ;-)

gabiroli

Oct 23, 2013
I don't agree with most of the people here who don't like Canada. Canada is a wonderfull multicultural country.
That is excelent to work in. Notice that I said to work in, not to live in. It's really hard to start live here. I witnessed my parents having a hard time. It's gonna take a atleast 5 years to settle in. I fortunately came to canada when i was 14. The perfect age in my oppinion because I completed elementary in hungary. And started high school in canada. Thanks to this i speak both languages fluently. Right now I install hardwood floors everyday it's pretty labour intensive. But hey I make 7000$ a month average with it. Where else can i make that amount of money without a university degree? There are some drawbacks usually i finish work just before I drop from exhaustion and go home to sleep. And the samething all over again for 6 days. On the 7th day i'm so tired that I don't even want to go anywhere. The only social life i have time for is for customers... But I do this not for me. I do it for my daughter emily.

It will be hard, but it is well worth in in the end in my oppinion.

This is just my 2 cents.

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
gabiroli said:
I don't agree with most of the people here who don't like Canada. Canada is a wonderfull multicultural country.
That is excelent to work in. Notice that I said to work in, not to live in. It's really hard to start live here. I witnessed my parents having a hard time. It's gonna take a atleast 5 years to settle in. I fortunately came to canada when i was 14. The perfect age in my oppinion because I completed elementary in hungary. And started high school in canada. Thanks to this i speak both languages fluently. Right now I install hardwood floors everyday it's pretty labour intensive. But hey I make 7000$ a month average with it. Where else can i make that amount of money without a university degree? There are some drawbacks usually i finish work just before I drop from exhaustion and go home to sleep. And the samething all over again for 6 days. On the 7th day i'm so tired that I don't even want to go anywhere. The only social life i have time for is for customers... But I do this not for me. I do it for my daughter emily.

It will be hard, but it is well worth in in the end in my oppinion.

This is just my 2 cents.

Thank you gabiroli well said and always with very much sentiment.

It is not worth staying in a country if it makes you unhappy.Life unfortunately is not a walk on roses. We all have to try hard to find happiness. Missing one's birth country is absolutely justified. I met Russians from Siberia living in Canada and every time they spoke about their homeland they would cry.
I too felt homesick for Greece when I was in Canada. It is so natural! Unless you were born or brought up in Canada you will always be feeling homesick about the old country. Just look at your Immigrant Canadian friends. They are always thinking about the motherland but their children are content of the Canadian life and will almost never feel like their parents do.
Many of you said in the last few messages that you do not like Canada for this and that, but I like to say that I have always liked Canada for many other things and not because I am not allowed to drink beer in the street!
I love it for the vast open spaces, for the color of the maple leafs in autumn, for the humor (Yes Canadians have the greatest humor), Beautiful coasts Atlantic and Pacific, the great Rocky mountains, the lovely iconic towns of Ontario and Quebec, the Niagara falls ( a spectacle where many many people around the world are only dreaming to see) the aboriginal peoples traditions and festivals, the multiculturalism and I can go on forever!
Sorry guys and gals if you don't like living in Canada and I will never ever judge any of you because at one point 23 years ago I too left Canada overpowered by my homesickness for the Greece.
Nobody is perfect! 8) 8)

Let us say some happy things here in this thread. The feeling is already too heavy because of Vienna's attitude so lets just try to be a little more sweet and not too much bitterness! Please!

Tom

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
Amen to that! Well said, to you both!

=D

(speaking of drinking on the streets, i was a bit shocked when i saw that i could walk around the riviera here in Split - Croatia - with a cup of cooked wine two nights ago... My neighbors had a good laugh after i asked them "Is this legal???".)

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
I said I like living here ;-)
It's just hard in the beginning to find a good or a really good job when you come from a well developed country and have a great education. But it's not hard to find job. I'm a Bachelor of Business Administration.but I even applied for a job at Tim Hortons. Why not? Just to get started here...

Like I said: There are good things and bad things in every country and no country is perfect. I like Germany and I like Canada. No matter where I would live I would miss something from the other country.

If I wouldn't be happy here I wouldn't stay :)

newpal

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-13...Sent and recvd 13.01.14
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17.04.2013 Stage 2 AOR
Med's Request
request 05.03.14 sent & recvd 11.03.2014
Med's Done....
First 19.06.2012
Interview........
NOT APPLICABLE :P
Passport Req..
In Process
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully Today
LANDED..........
Tomorrow
alvinn said:
i have..well not this week but 17. dec.
@ MUBY ; Europe, ALVIN , Sponsor 2012.. The Great Tom, Nada and other experts :D

I need your help:-

I have been asked by CIC to send them a proof of communication: i have strong Phone Bill List of Jumbo and Skype only. Could you please suggest me how shall i give them SKYPE communication. SCREENSHOT ? Or copy paste in Word and print.. or any other way... Your reply to this would be highly Appreciable.

Thanks,

Muby

Jun 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
Doc's Request.
14-04-2013
AOR Received.
Received with application
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
LANDED..........
08-02-2014
newpal

How are you am in my way to Munich when I check i see your question, what i was doing is pint scrn for any page for our chat but with date showing and i printed it all unfortunately i just had 25pages not much which is ok for the Embassy its show my name and my wife name and the date. Good luck everybody

Muby

Jun 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
Doc's Request.
14-04-2013
AOR Received.
Received with application
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
LANDED..........
08-02-2014
HEY Everybody Check your Ecas Vienna Update Ecas I dont know if anyone but Good luck

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
newpal said:
@ MUBY ; Europe, ALVIN , Sponsor 2012.. The Great Tom, Nada and other experts :D

I have been asked by CIC to send them a proof of communication: i have strong Phone Bill List of Jumbo and Skype only. Could you please suggest me how shall i give them SKYPE communication. SCREENSHOT ? Or copy paste in Word and print.. or any other way... Your reply to this would be highly Appreciable.

Thanks,
Hi Newpal,
That's great news, it means your wait is almost over :)
I think your phone list and skype should be enough. In Skype you can go back as far as you want, copy all the records and paste in word document. When you click on the chat screen it can retrieve all the records, shows you 7 days, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year. I would think the last 3 months (maybe 6) would be enough if they asked for recent communication. They probably want to see that you are still in contact on regular basis. Good luck !!! :)

alvinn

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 28. 2013
Med's Done....
march 28. 2013
Interview........
december 17. 2013
Passport Req..
january 20 2014
VISA ISSUED...
31 january 2014
LANDED..........
fabruary 7 2014
newpal- communication..send them whatever you got...skype,email communication,and any other way of communication...bigger-better.

europe

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012 redo the medical February 05 2013
Interview........
18-10-2012 in process from that date nov 16 asking for the military booklet
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013 thnx god is over
newpal said:

Thanks,
Newpal

i rembered i print all of the skype, facebook , and chat convertaions , well ask somebody else what they did.

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
I went all out and printed the Skype log via Word, AND also took screenshots of the same log on Skype, so they can see that the Word log isn't 'hand made' aka fake.
Then i took a few random screen shots while we were speaking, so they can see our faces and not think it's someone else's account. I don't trust bureaucrats as far as I can throw them, so better more than less. (maybe i took it too far. I got burned in the past with 'lack of evidence' so i had to do what i did.)

If anyone wants to see what my log and screens look like, i can show you a page of each for an example; PM me.

Angie