+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA OFFICE

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
little_apple said:
I don't think they would care. They would tell me "average processing time blabla 13 months blabla" ;)
I would not be so sure about that. You might be right, but it might also trigger something.
When I got my GCMS notes last month, they showed that my file had changed its location from "In Registry" (i.e. being warehoused somewhere) to an actual officer about a minute after they replied to a CSE. Not that anything has changed since ::)

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
BC2013 said:
I would not be so sure about that. You might be right, but it might also trigger something.
When I got my GCMS notes last month, they showed that my file had changed its location from "In Registry" (i.e. being warehoused somewhere) to an actual officer about a minute after they replied to a CSE. Not that anything has changed since ::)
I request notes before I go on holiday on Christmas and then might send a CSE if I'm not happy with the result ;-)

Irsa

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
guys, In what way I can send Our Email Addresses to them? can I email them? Actually I have sent Inquiries for two times, and they respond me, so It means they have my Email Address.right?

I didn't put the Email because it was mentioned they wont contact us with mail, If we provide them our email addresses.

Thank you again.

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
Irsa said:
guys, In what way I can send Our Email Addresses to them? can I email them? Actually I have sent Inquiries for two times, and they respond me, so It means they have my Email Address.right?

I didn't put the Email because it was mentioned they wont contact us with mail, If we provide them our email addresses.

Thank you again.
The fact that they responded to your email by email does not mean that further correspondents are going to be by email, so I would highly suggest to add your email to your file as a means of communicating with you since it is much faster and there is no way for it to get lost or be delayed especially because should they need any additional documents they usually give you 30 days to get them and send it to Vienna and this 30 days is calculated from the time of issuance of the request, that means you'll be loosing a few days because they don't email you the letter, they have to send you by regular mail. As for the content of the letters you'll be receiving, there is no difference in what you'd get in an email to the one you get by mail (it's actually the printout of what they would be emailing you).

What is shocking me is the year and 9 months that you have been waiting :eek: You need to request for your notes (GCMSnotes) asap. Just in case you didn't know, if you contact Vienna visa office by email inquire they are most likely going to send you a generic email saying be patient or something but should you get your GCMSnotes (it is issued by the immigration office directly) you'll know why it's taking so long. It takes about 30-40 days to receive your notes and that is if you send your request online and ask for the notes to be emailed to you.

The hold up might be related to your hubby's military service. Did he fill out the booklet for it?

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
BTW, are you also persian?

europe

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012 redo the medical February 05 2013
Interview........
18-10-2012 in process from that date nov 16 asking for the military booklet
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013 thnx god is over
Kopje said:
Have you tried contacting Vienna VO and explaining your situation? Maybe they can speed up your process since you are already living and working in Canada.
Little apple dont contact Vienna, moe your are contacting them you will be more in Q file, and they are not going to speed your process. Good luck

endrit345

Dec 3, 2013
guys i have a question, does the 13 months that it states on the cic website really mean its going to be that long? people that have been sponsored out of my country ( kosovo) have had acceptance as little as 3 to 4 months :s. Hard to believe but thats what i heard, ive applied on aug/26/2013 so im currently waiting. Hopefully these guys arent slacking over in Vienna and get the jobs done for all of us. :)

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
endrit345 said:
guys i have a question, does the 13 months that it states on the cic website really mean its going to be that long? people that have been sponsored out of my country ( kosovo) have had acceptance as little as 3 to 4 months :s. Hard to believe but thats what i heard, ive applied on aug/26/2013 so im currently waiting. Hopefully these guys arent slacking over in Vienna and get the jobs done for all of us. :)
Hi Endrit,
many people on this forum are waiting in Vienna much much longer than 3-4 months, I don't even know if anyone got processed that fast. If you are a male from former YU, and served military it would most likely go through a lengthy background check. My husband is from Serbia and we have been waiting since Sept last year...

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
little_apple said:
I know that I wouldn't know how much longer I have to wait. But it would help me a bit if i would know if it is "in process" and when they started processing it.
You have nothing to loose. Worst case you get a default answer about the processing time. You can only Win ;)

I would send a CSE as soon as possible explaining your situation. I cannot believe that Vienna delays processing of files with CSE deliberately. I just can't believe that myth which is sometimes posted in this forum.

Irsa

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Avissa said:
The fact that they responded to your email by email does not mean that further correspondents are going to be by email, so I would highly suggest to add your email to your file as a means of communicating with you since it is much faster and there is no way for it to get lost or be delayed especially because should they need any additional documents they usually give you 30 days to get them and send it to Vienna and this 30 days is calculated from the time of issuance of the request, that means you'll be loosing a few days because they don't email you the letter, they have to send you by regular mail. As for the content of the letters you'll be receiving, there is no difference in what you'd get in an email to the one you get by mail (it's actually the printout of what they would be emailing you).

What is shocking me is the year and 9 months that you have been waiting :eek: You need to request for your notes (GCMSnotes) asap. Just in case you didn't know, if you contact Vienna visa office by email inquire they are most likely going to send you a generic email saying be patient or something but should you get your GCMSnotes (it is issued by the immigration office directly) you'll know why it's taking so long. It takes about 30-40 days to receive your notes and that is if you send your request online and ask for the notes to be emailed to you.

The hold up might be related to your hubby's military service. Did he fill out the booklet for it?
Oh My god, I am so sorry, but I have applied Feb 2013 :) :eek:. So, I dont think that It is so late. right?
So do I have to send my email addresses to their Email Address?
Are you sponsore for your hubby too?

Irsa

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Avissa said:

Do you know that back ground check is after the interview( if its applicable) or they are doing the back ground check now? How is it usually? My hubby didnt go for Military Service. I will definitely send GCMS notes during next few days. Thanks for your help.

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
Irsa said:
Do you know that back ground check is after the interview( if its applicable) or they are doing the back ground check now? How is it usually? My hubby didnt go for Military Service. I will definitely send GCMS notes during next few days. Thanks for your help.
simply put, background check is when they check all the documents including police certificates, medicals, marriage certificate (if applicable), and legitimacy of your relationship; should they come to be suspicious about some things, they'll call your husband for an interview and if there is no suspicious, there is no interview required.

Since he's Persian I don't know is he is required to submit the military booklet or not, but I think you should apply for GCMSnotes anyways just to see what is going on. I can help you understand it (when you get it you're not going to see a nice explanation, you're gonna see weird codes). When did the sponsor get approved?

this explains background check : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39578.0.html

Irsa

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Thanks a million Avissa, My sponsorship approved on March 22. do I have to send my email addresses to their Email Address?right?