+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very Upsetting

mexabubba

Jan 14, 2014
I am married to a Canadian for 20 years.
We have 2 Canadian sons.
We own a business.
I do not work but help my Canadian husband run his business.
I was in Canada many years ago when I did not need a visa. Stayed about 3 months and returned to my country along with my Canadian husband, & sons.
One of my sons now lives in Canada and I applied for a visa to visit him and was refused.
This is what the sent me in the rejection letter:

1) You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
2) Your travel history. (I have been to Canada once, USA twice, Mexico, Belize & Guatemala. Quite happy where I live and therefore do not travel a lot. I could have gone to Canada many times when Visas were not needed but there was no need to go to Canada.)
3) Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. (What do they mean by that??? My son lives in Canada, and my other son lives with me and my husband. My mother and 3 brothers, their wives and my neohews and nieces live just down the road from us.)
4) Length of proposed stay in Canada (I told them 4 months, as I will stay with my son in Canada)
5) I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure. (My husband & I own 2 acres on the beach with a resort hotel. Everything is in my husband and sons name. Our business license is in my and husbands name)

Should I try again?

decembar86

Jan 14, 2014
Almost the same reasons like in my last application. Also I made a question here but didn't got any answer jet.

buntus

Jan 15, 2014
Your problem you took the application so easy and maybe did not prepare vividly for it, it is not about the person who processed your application, and i am wondering why you are still applying for canadian visa since your husband is a canadian and you guys have been married for 20 years.

anusai

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Your case is very upsetting indeed.

My husband wants to apply for a tourist visa to visit our son who lives and works in Canada.
He is a Canadian citizen. So am I.

My husband has surrendered his PR card as he could not meet the obligations.

But your case is raising doubt in my mind. I hope he gets the tourist visa to visit our son.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mexabubba said:
I am married to a Canadian for 20 years.
We have 2 Canadian sons.
We own a business.
I do not work but help my Canadian husband run his business.
I was in Canada many years ago when I did not need a visa. Stayed about 3 months and returned to my country along with my Canadian husband, & sons.
One of my sons now lives in Canada and I applied for a visa to visit him and was refused.
This is what the sent me in the rejection letter:
You should order your GCMS notes to get more detail on the rejection reasons.

What supporting documentation did you actually include with your application?

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
We had the same problem when submitting my spouses tourist visa 2 years ago. I put 3 weeks we wanted to stay. We were refused for reasons I did not understand at all so I sent another application a few days later. I took each of their reasons for denial and wrote several reasons why they weren't issues for us. They sent the application back again, refused.

We waited a year, absolutely nothing had changed in terms of all the reasons why we were denied the first time. Except, this time I included our round-trip flight tickets (which were only for 1 week. ) I used westjet so that I could then change the flights afterwards for only 50 dollar change fee. When we got the package back, he had been accepted.

We called into westjet, and changed our tickets to 3 weeks and that was that. :)we went to Canada, and then left after 3 weeks.

Usually when you go through customs, you automatically get 6 months to stay in Canada (of course, at the discretion of the person in the customs line.) so that's why I just said he was going for 1 week so they wouldn't second guess our finances because I knew they wouldn't be a problem...

Goodluck!