+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VARIOUS IMMIGRATION PROGRAMMES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN CANADA

BDTIGER

Apr 29, 2013
Hello Everyone,
Recently I have applied for the study permit and I am really worried about the visa.... ??? ???
Profile--
Got admission in University of Toronto
PHD (Physics) 100% Funding for four years plus TA ship.

1st class hons and currently finishing Masters from UK... :)
SHowed more than sufficient funds!!

What is the chances of getting visa??

Reactions: brooklyn.brooks

tiger007

Champion Member
BDTIGER said:
Hello Everyone,
Recently I have applied for the study permit and I am really worried about the visa.... ??? ???
Profile--
Got admission in University of Toronto
PHD (Physics) 100% Funding for four years plus TA ship.

1st class hons and currently finishing Masters from UK... :)
SHowed more than sufficient funds!!

What is the chances of getting visa??
Hi,

Congrats.

Do not worry. Look at your profile man!

You visa + PR is almost assured.

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other
sources too.

Reactions: brooklyn.brooks

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
kiranreddy3399 said:
but i am Switching to different University firstly and i am joining different intake.. So yea ?? Any suggestions
At the port of entry just show them your LOA I think that will be all.

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nice to see your profile. I guess one in every 1000 get this chance of 100% full funding and that too from U of T.

punnam

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I want to apply college in montreal quebec.Please can you advice me about college in quebec and after studies settlement. thank you

apichetk

Apr 15, 2013
Hey Tiger and wJaz, hope you guys are well. I'm about to talk to my company so I'd like to confirm that I can use my post-graduate work permit to exempt for LMO in case that I apply for Alberta Immigration Nominee Program in the skilled-worker category? Do I or my employer need to provide additional documents?

Please note that I graduated (MBA) in Dec 2012 and started working in April 2013. I have relevant previous work experience of about four years.

I just want to bring my family here as fast as possible and don't want to wait 6 months before I can apply under the international graduate category.

Thanks so much for your great help here! I truly appreciate it.

tiger007

Champion Member
apichetk said:
Hey Tiger and wJaz, hope you guys are well. I'm about to talk to my company so I'd like to confirm that I can use my post-graduate work permit to exempt for LMO in case that I apply for Alberta Immigration Nominee Program in the skilled-worker category? Do I or my employer need to provide additional documents?

Please note that I graduated (MBA) in Dec 2012 and started working in April 2013. I have relevant previous work experience of about four years.

I just want to bring my family here as fast as possible and don't want to wait 6 months before I can apply under the international graduate category.

Hi,

You can apply under one of the international graduate category PNPs in Canada, ONLY if you have graduated from a recognized Canadian educational institute and is currently working on a valid PGWP. After graduating from a recognized Canadian educational institute, you will need to work for a minimum 6 months in a permanent full time skilled job related to your field of study (i.e related to the Canadian qualification you earned), in Alberta... only then you will be eligible to apply under the AINP international graduate category.
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-eds-international-graduate-criteria.aspx

Once you are on PGWP, you do not need LMO. It's an unrestricted open work permit. Skilled worker's category is DIFFERENT from international graduate category.
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-eds-skilled-worker-criteria.aspx

Hope it's clear.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other
sources too.

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
apichetk said:

Exactly what Tiger007 wrote above.

There's another option for consideration and that is Federal Skilled Program. This program has been changed recently I'm posting a link so that you can see exactly if you are eligible. In my opinion The International Graduate scheme is much better but still here's the FSW Program and you might think to consider.

http://www.cicnews.com/2013/04/breaking-news-federal-skilled-worker-details-revealed-today-042428.html

The FSW Program is for people working in Canada in those 24 occupations. But anyway its always nice to know something. Still Alberta PNP is what you should go with. Else you have the Arranged Employment option but for that you need Labour Market Opinion and they are PAIN!!!

apichetk

Apr 15, 2013
Hi Tiger007 and wJaz,

Thank you very much again for your prompt response! I truly appreciate your kind help here.

My last question here. I graduated from UBC MBA and am now working full-time in a job that is qualified to apply for AINP under international-graduate category. I also have prior work experience before doing MBA.

However, I don't want to wait for six months before I can apply for AINP.

Given my qualifications (prior work experience, full-time + permanent job (beginning April 2013), MBA, PGWP), can I apply for AINP under the skilled-worker category and use PGWP to exempt LMO?

Thanks so much again guys!!! Your help is very meaningful to me!

tiger007

Champion Member
apichetk said:
Hi Tiger007 and wJaz,

Thank you very much again for your prompt response! I truly appreciate your kind help here.

My last question here. I graduated from UBC MBA and am now working full-time in a job that is qualified to apply for AINP under international-graduate category. I also have prior work experience before doing MBA.

However, I don't want to wait for six months before I can apply for AINP.

Given my qualifications (prior work experience, full-time + permanent job (beginning April 2013), MBA, PGWP), can I apply for AINP under the skilled-worker category and use PGWP to exempt LMO?

Thanks so much again guys!!! Your help is very meaningful to me!
Hi,

1. As stated earlier- according to AINP rules, to apply under international-graduate category , you MUST work for 6 month minimum in a full time permanent job in your field(or related) of study in Alberta. You need to keep working for 5 more months, before you will be eligible to apply.

2. Previous work ex. DO NOT count, for applying under international-graduate category. If you are working on a PGWP, no need of LMO (atleast after 6 months when you are eligible to apply under international-graduate category).

3. I will strongly reccomend to make use of and apply under AINP international-graduate category (since you have passed out from UBC), as student immigration routes are comparatively faster and less complicated, when compared to skilled worker categories (federal or any provincial). There's an obvious advantage of studying in Canada, like getting unrestricted PGWP and chance to qualify under international-graduate category... so make use of it. If you take the comparatively lengthier and more complicated path of Skilled worker's route, in long run it will take much more time for you to gain PR status as compared to the international-graduate category. Trust me on this... wait for 5 more months... and apply under international-graduate category. Rest up to you.

sources too.

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ofcourse there is No way you can apply for Alberta International Graduate without 6 months experience IN ALBERTA.

You have to understand the fact that Alberta needs you to WORK IN ALBERTA! for 6+ months on a permanent job.

Reason for this? Well its simple, You need to show some proofs that you will work in Alberta and live in Alberta. They don't want someone to take Alberta's PNP and settle somewhere else Especially Toronto .. LOL!

BDTIGER

Apr 29, 2013
Dear Tger007/Wjaz,
I was wondering if you can suggest me about one thing. I have applied from UK(Online) but originally I am from Bangladesh as I am completing my Msc here. I have seen some people got refused and on the notes its says immigration status. Will it be a problem that I have applied from outside my country of nationality :)???

Regards

tiger007 said:
Hi,

Congrats.

Do not worry. Look at your profile man!

You visa + PR is almost assured.

Best of Luck.

sources too.

apichetk

Apr 15, 2013
Hi Tiger007 and wJaz,

Thank you very much again for clarification! I truly appreciate it. As you have recommended, I will apply under the international-graduate category to avoid any complication that may happen later in the process.

Thanks again for your help! Truly appreciate it!