+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VARIOUS IMMIGRATION PROGRAMMES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN CANADA

tiger007

Champion Member
nssnick said:
Ok, I wanted to ask, regarding manitoba PNP, as I go through the page, I am not able to figure out whether we have to get this 6 months work experience in our related field of study or any field?
Hi,

According to: http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how-to-immigrate/eligibility/

Currently working in Manitoba: Applications are accepted from temporary foreign workers and international student graduates who have been working full-time for at least six months and whose employer has offered a full-time, long-term job.

Whatever is exactly mentioned -- that is the rule. No need to look elsewhere. Thus, the job has to be ANY full time, long term job offer from an employer based in Manitoba. If this was a skilled job requirement or a job related to one's field of study, they would have clearly mentioned it.

Hope it's clear.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

farhan88

Mar 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD and OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2016
AOR Received.
04-09-2016
IELTS Request
Provided band 9
Med's Request
Passed
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
30-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
W8ing
LANDED..........
W8ing
yaaar what are the chances for a person going to ns for masters, like one year program of masters in dalhousie university and that too in law, like what could be my scope after doing my masters from dalhousie??????????? suggest any route plz????????

farhan88

Mar 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD and OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2016
AOR Received.
04-09-2016
IELTS Request
Provided band 9
Med's Request
Passed
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
30-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
W8ing
LANDED..........
W8ing
i hope to get my degrees evaluated. i ll have to take 4 or 3 exams after getting certificate from NCA canada, federation of law society, then i ll sit in the bar exams of a province,
or i can opt for a phd and do my exams etc during that, but what else, like what for gettting pr in the mean time???

apichetk

Apr 15, 2013
wJaz said:
I want to know the repute of UBC's MBA. Sauder School Does comes in good ranking but what are the job prospects in Vancouver Market ? Any good?

Sorry for my late response. UBC's MBA is well regarded throughout but probably not as much as some other famous programs from the East. The job market condition does depend on what type of position and industry you want to get into. I would say that for finance, marketing, accounting related jobs, UofT, for example, may be a better option, since you can do a lot of networking there with people who work in the industry.

In the end, it also depends on your past experience, networking and internship that will help you land a job you desire.

How are MBA's from Sauder treated in Vancouver?

From my personal experience, people do treat MBA students well. As an MBA student, you can also ask for an information interview and the likes with ease compared to those who are already working. I hope this helps.

Lastly, so I can apply for Alberta's PNP in the skilled worker class without having to work for six months, right? I can apply under the international graduate category but I don't want to wait for six months. Thanks so much!

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
Sorry for my late response. UBC's MBA is well regarded throughout but probably not as much as some other famous programs from the East. The job market condition does depend on what type of position and industry you want to get into. I would say that for finance, marketing, accounting related jobs, UofT, for example, may be a better option, since you can do a lot of networking there with people who work in the industry.

In the end, it also depends on your past experience, networking and internship that will help you land a job you desire.

From my personal experience, people do treat MBA students well. As an MBA student, you can also ask for an information interview and the likes with ease compared to those who are already working. I hope this helps.
The UBC MBA is of 16months,so what duration PGWP u received.Also did you got jon through campus placements or ur own efforts. Do companies of repute visit UBC's campus for recruitment.

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cute_guy said:

The UBC MBA is of 16months,so what duration PGWP u received.Also did you got jon through campus placements or ur own efforts. Do companies of repute visit UBC's campus for recruitment.

I guess he answered it in the same post

apichetk

Apr 15, 2013
wJaz said:
I guess he answered it in the same post
PGWP - this depends very much on an officer you are dealing with that day. Some got three years while the others got only 16 months. But, you can extend it.

Companies do come to recruit on campus but I believe there are not as many as those in Toronto.

>>> Lastly, so I can apply for Alberta's PNP in the skilled worker class without having to work for six months, right? I can apply under the international graduate category but I don't want to wait for six months. Thanks so much!

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cute_guy said:
Really ???Guess u should work on ur reading skills !!!!!!!
And you should work on yourself.

Give Love, Take Love. If you dont respect others why do you expect else to answer you? Cheers mate. Too young for professional forums.

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cute_guy said:
Really ???Guess u should work on ur reading skills !!!!!!!
16 months Masters is actually evaluated as 3 years PGWP but still some people get it for 2 years.

It always depends on Institution and your own profile. There is no single rule of thumb for this but to stay on safe side regard this as 2 years PGWP.

Secondly for Sauder MBA in Vancouver. The other guys told already its reputed good, you can get some companies to interview you. You can even start building your professional links during the MBA. Overall always depends on luck. And maybe Hard-work.

My Opinion = Dont run for 3 years WP because it will eat you down. Just study what you want to and from a good institution. Forget the fact about 3 year or 2 year. Its your hard-work. And If you work hard after your Qualification Im dead sure you will or anyone will settle himself/herself with in 2 years frame.

It all about hard-work brother but dont forget to study what you like and from reputed institution. Rest leave it on Hope and Faith.

Hope that helps.

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
wJaz said:
And you should work on yourself.

Give Love, Take Love. If you dont respect others why do you expect else to answer you? Cheers mate. Too young for professional forums.
First read what has been written and asked nd then comment!!! Really immature of u to interfer in others post if that is not marked to you!!!!!
Did I asked U the question ??? No ...den pls refrain from unecssary comments!!!

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
wJaz said:
16 months Masters is actually evaluated as 3 years PGWP but still some people get it for 2 years.

It always depends on Institution and your own profile. There is no single rule of thumb for this but to stay on safe side regard this as 2 years PGWP.

Secondly for Sauder MBA in Vancouver. The other guys told already its reputed good, you can get some companies to interview you. You can even start building your professional links during the MBA. Overall always depends on luck. And maybe Hard-work.

My Opinion = Dont run for 3 years WP because it will eat you down. Just study what you want to and from a good institution. Forget the fact about 3 year or 2 year. Its your hard-work. And If you work hard after your Qualification Im dead sure you will or anyone will settle himself/herself with in 2 years frame.

It all about hard-work brother but dont forget to study what you like and from reputed institution. Rest leave it on Hope and Faith.

Hope that helps.
Again ...I did not asked U???? Pls keep ur gyaan for people who don't have know how about how things work..which brings me to my comment ...Pls improve ur reading skills !!!!!!!!!!

kiranreddy3399

Jan 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
02-05-2013
File Transfer...
31-04-2013
Passport Req..
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2013
LANDED..........
03-01-2014
Can you both plz stop it yaar.... Now i got a question.. I applied for Visa recently however its still in process coz they are waiting for Police clearance cert.. Problem is i submitted U of Sask acceptance letter for my Visa into Sept 2013 term.. But now i am switching to U of Manitoba for Jan 2014 intake.. Due to some issues i need to change intake

Do i need to update Immigration people about it.. What should i do now.. Need your suggestions plz.. Tiger or anyone plz reply asap!!

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
kiranreddy3399 said:
Can you both plz stop it yaar.... Now i got a question.. I applied for Visa recently however its still in process coz they are waiting for Police clearance cert.. Problem is i submitted U of Sask acceptance letter for my Visa into Sept 2013 term.. But now i am switching to U of Manitoba for Jan 2014 intake.. Due to some issues i need to change intake

Do i need to update Immigration people about it.. What should i do now.. Need your suggestions plz.. Tiger or anyone plz reply asap!!
According to CIC website you don't need to.

kiranreddy3399

Jan 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
02-05-2013
File Transfer...
31-04-2013
Passport Req..
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2013
LANDED..........
03-01-2014
dipta said:
According to CIC website you don't need to.
but i am Switching to different University firstly and i am joining different intake.. So yea ?? Any suggestions