+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver office- Citizenship

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
adding another data point that I just got a response today to the webform query I sent on May 27th. So it took them 11 business days and 14 calendar days to respond this time as well. I'm really glad I called them on the phone when I was coming up on a deadline to submit docs.
At least you have LPP completed. My GCMS notes dated May 14 says they are not even started.

• Sad
Reactions: fièrementcanadien

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
adding another data point that I just got a response today to the webform query I sent on May 27th. So it took them 11 business days and 14 calendar days to respond this time as well. I'm really glad I called them on the phone when I was coming up on a deadline to submit docs.
Thank you for sharing it! It took 3 days for me to get an acknowledgement that my webform was received.. hoping to get my answer soon

Reactions: fièrementcanadien

fièrementcanadien

Star Member
Jan 31, 2024
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
At least you have LPP completed. My GCMS notes dated May 14 says they are not even started.
With all empathy, it's not a competition and it's not a zero-sum game ;) Given you've been waiting so long and have even got your MP involved, you've done all you can.

This will not be easy to hear, but I would say please stop comparing your timeline with anyone else's. You're only torturing yourself and for nothing. This is true for everyone but especially true for you given they've for some reason decided to do things differently on your application. May I ask if you're from HK, like your wife? I've read they sometimes scrutinize applicants from certain parts of the world more carefully although I have read that in context of people from war-torn countries. If not your country of origin, it could be a whole range of variables on your application like the outland spousal sponsorship, or that you left Canada for a while before you came back, your work history etc. I'm not saying it's warranted, mind you. That's not for me to say. What I am trying to say is that you're as much in the dark as anyone but the officers examining your file at IRCC. And that you can analyze it all to hell and back and not be any the wiser. But most importantly, I think it's worth noting that all that self-flagellation will change absolutely nothing.

As long as you've done all you can (and clearly you have), you should let things be (again, I know this will be hard to read and it's certainly easier to say for someone not in your shoes – but I'd argue that's precisely the point.. if I were in your shoes, it would help me to hear an unbiased third-party observer's perspective). If I were you, I'd get off this forum and come back once in a month. Same deal for checking the tracker. Get busy with other parts of your life. Order the gcms notes once a month if it helps you cope better. Your job as this point should be to not torture yourself over this through random speculation and stack-ranking against others when every case is as unique as the individual making the application. And here is a true statement that no one can deny: with every day that goes by, you're a day closer to getting your citizenship.

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
With all empathy, it's not a competition and it's not a zero-sum game ;) Given you've been waiting so long and have even got your MP involved, you've done all you can.

This will not be easy to hear, but I would say please stop comparing your timeline with anyone else's. You're only torturing yourself and for nothing. This is true for everyone but especially true for you given they've for some reason decided to do things differently on your application. May I ask if you're from HK, like your wife? I've read they sometimes scrutinize applicants from certain parts of the world more carefully although I have read that in context of people from war-torn countries. If not your country of origin, it could be a whole range of variables on your application like the outland spousal sponsorship, or that you left Canada for a while before you came back, your work history etc. I'm not saying it's warranted, mind you. That's not for me to say. What I am trying to say is that you're as much in the dark as anyone but the officers examining your file at IRCC. And that you can analyze it all to hell and back and not be any the wiser. But most importantly, I think it's worth noting that all that self-flagellation will change absolutely nothing.

As long as you've done all you can (and clearly you have), you should let things be (again, I know this will be hard to read and it's certainly easier to say for someone not in your shoes – but I'd argue that's precisely the point.. if I were in your shoes, it would help me to hear an unbiased third-party observer's perspective). If I were you, I'd get off this forum and come back once in a month. Same deal for checking the tracker. Get busy with other parts of your life. Order the gcms notes once a month if it helps you cope better. Your job as this point should be to not torture yourself over this through random speculation and stack-ranking against others when every case is as unique as the individual making the application. And here is a true statement that no one can deny: with every day that goes by, you're a day closer to getting your citizenship.
While this post is not for me, I'd like to add my 5 cents, yes we should stop torturing ourselves, me I decided to check tracker every morning since tracker is not updated during afternoon. But I also lile to add that as much as I understand citozenship is a privilege not a right, it is ridiculous this lack of fairness in processing. Offices are totally different but we all need to pay $630,00 if a single person and just wait forever which is not fair. I understand pandemoc changed lots of things but it is incredible that they cannot process from start to finish a 2022 or 2023 app after having passed 2 years. It is unacceptable. I can't also believe they are scheduling oaths for people who applied in March 2024 while the others are being left collecting dust

loo

Jun 10, 2024
Hello, do you have any idea why my file was transfer from Calgary to Vancouver? After Everything turned green, and I was waiting for the oath since my 29th. The agent told me. I'm in Calgary

fièrementcanadien

Star Member
Jan 31, 2024
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
it is ridiculous this lack of fairness in processing.
just wait forever which is not fair
One of the most interesting things about the human species is its ability to make up fictions. We wouldn't be where we were without the fictions we have made up about existence. Society, laws, countries, borders, religions, social hierarchies, money, races and most of the other human bullshit are some of the fictions that humans layer over reality and they have been key in aiding humans to organize into groups to accomplish things they couldn't as individuals.

The flip side is the danger of fictions that arise when they are oft-repeated dogmatically and ill-reflected. As a species, this is humanity's biggest failing in its current iteration and it is my opinion that the species will experience the results of some of those fictions collectively in the span of the century that starts at around 2040, at the end of which it won't matter anymore. Coming back to your statements I quoted above, it's very important to note that your statements about the system being unfair or the process taking forever are personal opinion and not based in objective fact. Now I'm not saying it's an invalid opinion from your point of view but you must remind yourself that there exist many points of view and you don't have a monopoly on the « right » one. People whose applications got through in a few months would claim the system is eminently fair. People who came as refugees and became citizens would say (rightly) that the system saved their lives. The IRCC people would ofc claim the system is fair as well and that some applications take longer than others. Now I'm not saying who is right and who is wrong because I recognize the limits of my knowledge and I recognize that a lot of that judgment is dependent on your own pov. But the important bit imo is to understand the power of the stories about the world that I repeat to myself. It is up to me to choose stories that serve me, that uplift and empower me and to let go of fictions that serve only to torture me or to enslave me. Spinoza would say « tout ce qui augmente la puissance d'agir de notre corps, tout ce qui le rend capable de plus d'actions et de plus de modifications, tout cela est conforme à la Raison. » A lifespan of only 70-80 years and to spend the majority of it in anguish, this is the lot of humans? This is why I feel a great debt to the human species. I've said it before in this thread but humans are magnificent glorious teachers of counterexample and misalignment. They are generous beyond measure in what they choose to do to themselves, even when there are always other choices, so that those watching with some awareness can learn precisely what not to do. From their deep slumber I choose some awakening, from their self-imposed bondage I discern liberty.

• Haha
Reactions: Alalac

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016

First of all, thanks for typing all this stuff up for a complete stranger. My file (and my wife's) has been a journey to say the least, but nothing had been this much out of control. You may think it's torture, I don't really feel that way, I feel it's more of a motivation to keeping me going. As much as I may look like I am just feeling dreadful about the situation, which may very well be at times, I am more or less being sarcastic and try to draw others in a similar situation as me out so we can have some meaningful conversations.

As for next steps, my MP's team was just out to Ottawa for some training and seems like they are back this week. So, I will be reaching out to them to see if they can give it another nudge. Another thing is since the file has reached 17 months, talking to a lawyer is now a consideration.

Reactions: Alalac and Rasha

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
I'm going to jump in here and add a few things. Our Journey has been *extremely* long. It started with IRCC back in Feb 2018. [Technically it started in 1994 when I first came to Canada....but I won't go into all details here [you can search my name and see other posts], but I will say that from my experience, temperance is your best ally! Just be your best advocate, be patient but wise and ask questions.

It isn't fair when you effectively see people 'jump the line' or what you feel is jumping the line. I can't speak to why some cases only take 3 months - it's preposterous to me that most cannot be that short. That said, don't give up and stay the course. Barring any huge red flags and obvious reasons for complete inadmissibility - you will get your credentials. It's not if, but when. That said, be proactive, and stay the course!

• Love
Reactions: Alalac