+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Use of Representative (IMM 5476)

rafavl

Jun 27, 2018
Can someone explain the following note about the use of representative form located in the checklist:

IMPORTANT: If a sponsor will receive correspondence for, or act in any way on behalf of the principal applicant and/or any dependent child over the age of 18 included in the application for permanent residence, the applicant (and any child 18 or older) must each complete their own Use of Representative form [IMM 5476] listing the sponsor as a representative. If this is not provided, the application will be returned without being processed.

Specifically the last sentence ("If this is not provided, the application will be returned without being processed.")

I am submitting a spousal application. My spouse is living OUTSIDE of Canada (Pakistan).

Do we need to submit this form listing me (sponsor) as the representative to my spouse (applicant)?

If it is not required, should we do it anyway? I feel we shouldn't because if there is anything that IRCC mails out, it will come to me and I will need to forward to my spouse (which adds delay) and vice versa? Although it may actually be quicker this way since I may be able to use a much faster courier service?

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is the sponsor wants to act as the representative then the sponsor may choose to do so. All information will be sent to the sponsor by their method of commuication (email or mail).

You, both only need to submit 1 form which both need to sign and date.

Please note if this is being sent with the initial application there is a high chance that IRCC will not process the form so my opinion based on experience keep a copy of the signed form( do not date) until they ask for it again and then date it with the date you will be uploading on Webform.

The form is not required, but you are incorrect there are documents that IRCC send to you and there will be other that they send to your spouse depending on what stages of the application they are. The initial part until you get AOR1 will be sent to you however subsequent requests will be sent to PA if there is no representative form signed.

The form controls where all the information should be sent.

Can someone explain the following note about the use of representative form located in the checklist:

IMPORTANT: If a sponsor will receive correspondence for, or act in any way on behalf of the principal applicant and/or any dependent child over the age of 18 included in the application for permanent residence, the applicant (and any child 18 or older) must each complete their own Use of Representative form [IMM 5476] listing the sponsor as a representative. If this is not provided, the application will be returned without being processed.

Specifically the last sentence ("If this is not provided, the application will be returned without being processed.")

I am submitting a spousal application. My spouse is living OUTSIDE of Canada (Pakistan).

Do we need to submit this form listing me (sponsor) as the representative to my spouse (applicant)?

If it is not required, should we do it anyway? I feel we shouldn't because if there is anything that IRCC mails out, it will come to me and I will need to forward to my spouse (which adds delay) and vice versa? Although it may actually be quicker this way since I may be able to use a much faster courier service?

nostalgicbabie

Nov 26, 2019
If you file for the use of representative form, can the principal applicant still send in documents? I was wondering.