Feb 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29/01/2016
Joantasik said:
@ntwkengg I will read it.

@aaro27 I will be getting an extension for my PGWP no niminationa nd no ITA. My visa will expire on April. I don't have a car can I tell the US officer if I can go in and enter again?
do you have multiple entry visa for Canada?

if you don't have a car you can go down to Niagara rainbow bridge and walk on the bridge to US! it has an amazing view!

Joantasik

Oct 7, 2012
ntwkengg said:
read my story here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/passports-copies-to-cpcottawa-in-december-2015-lets-connect-t385334.570.html
Thank you! I am doing it this SUnday and I will let you know how it goes.

greyhatbd

Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th April 2015
Doc's Request.
17th July 2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25th Aug 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
ONLINE SUBMISSION
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16th Aug 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25th Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Feb 2016
LANDED..........
21st July 2016
If I have US tourist visa and I travel before landing Canada is there any problem entering Canada?

I want to travel USA before landing to Canada. Please help me with this info.

Thanks in adv.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
greyhatbd said:
If I have US tourist visa and I travel before landing Canada is there any problem entering Canada?

I want to travel USA before landing to Canada. Please help me with this info.

Thanks in adv.
yes thats fine and when you return you complete the landing process.

greyhatbd

Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th April 2015
Doc's Request.
17th July 2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25th Aug 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
ONLINE SUBMISSION
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16th Aug 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25th Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Feb 2016
LANDED..........
21st July 2016
ntwkengg said:
yes thats fine and when you return you complete the landing process.
Yes I mean I am FSW outland but I want to land Canada via USA. Maybe after my pleasure visit I will fly or drive through. Is that OK? Or is it like Canada might say why you did not enter my country directly from your country. Please help.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ntwkengg said:
i checked my I-94 record online after flagpole and they didnt count that as an entry......

so no records in I-94 for flagpole so as per my perception single entry wont be used. but still you can ask that immigration officer at US port of entry.
I just checked my I 94 record online as well. No record found. So it means the US officer on the border didn't record your entry when you did your flag polling?

Joantasik

Oct 7, 2012
aaro27 said:
do you have multiple entry visa for Canada?

if you don't have a car you can go down to Niagara rainbow bridge and walk on the bridge to US! it has an amazing view!
Thank you @Aaro27. I will definitely do that

AryaStark

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello,

I recently got my COPR and since I am already in Canada as a visitor, I needed some advise on the flagpoling/ landing process.

I got to know through the CIC website that the nearest borders don't generally work on weekends on immigration process related formalities. But since I have a valid US visa, do you guys think I can just go to US for a weekend trip and just come back. This will help complete the landing process and can also be a short vacation. :)
Also, with a valid US visa hope the process is not restricted to weekdays?

Ajay1213

Dec 1, 2018
there is nothing to worry about. I went with my friend to Niagara rainbow bridge when he received his COPR... we both have US visitor visa! just tell the US officer that you want to re-enter into Canada for PR purposes .. they will guide you through!
Great Congratulations. One question , do they give you a refusal when you don't wanna go to USA and just do the flag poling although you have a valid US visa ?

sharminjita

Sep 30, 2019
Hi,
I want to go to the border for my open work permit. I found refusal of USA entry is not good for my future entry to USA. If I don’t refuse to USA entry, am I still able to get my work permit??

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Well it's not correct. I have an USA visa, and i just told the us officer on the border that i still do not want to come into USA, but just to turn around and re-enter Canada, and that's exactly what he let me do.
And no problem caused ? And what did you say at Canadian border ? When did you go to USA and for how long ? What was your answer ? Did you say im here for landing ?

beckymi

Mar 3, 2020
Hello,

I recently got my COPR and since I am already in Canada as a visitor, I needed some advise on the flagpoling/ landing process.

I got to know through the CIC website that the nearest borders don't generally work on weekends on immigration process related formalities. But since I have a valid US visa, do you guys think I can just go to US for a weekend trip and just come back. This will help complete the landing process and can also be a short vacation. :)
Also, with a valid US visa hope the process is not restricted to weekdays?
Hi AryaStark, I was wondering the same. Did you end up reentering Canada with a valid US Visa and validate your COPR at the same time? Please let me know, thank you!