+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

usa tourist visa rejection impact on canada student visa

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
Abbas1 said:
To be honest, I didn't know what was the reason, first interview for F1 visa, the officer asked me 2 question and I answer, the 3 question I ask for translator as I didn't understand English back then, then she gave me the passport and rejection letter.
2nd and 3rd time was refused based on the first time !

the answer to the question, I wouldn't put much of a details, just say I have been refused tourist visa for USA, that what I would write

good luck
OKay
Thanks abbas

rajwinder58

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
I don't think that in India they will call for interview.

Is there anyone who got rejection with reason of Previous travel history?? Because they jad USA visa rejection

Niharika Kaur

Apr 10, 2016
Hi Rajwinder..

My case was a little different that what is yours.. but i'm sure will help you and a lot of people on this forum to come out of the "negative mindset" ... My husband was rejected with a USA B1B2 visa twice say 4-5 years back.. (he had applied with his parents)
recently after our marriage we applied for a Canadian Tourist VISA.. we GOT that in one shot.. we visited Canada and came back in 3 weeks.. after which we applied for a USA B1B2.. this time even the USA visa was Approved.. SURPRISE..!!!!!

Honestly it all depends on your intentions, stay clear DON'T LIE, DON'T HIDE.. we mentioned everything on the application (CANADA & USA) about my husband's previous rejections still got the visas approved.. all they see is your intention... infact recently when the USA B1B2 visa was approved the VO and my husband were laughing on his previous visa rejections..

Go ahead and wait for the golden words.. "YOUR VISA IS APPROVED"... God bless...!!

rajwinder58

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Hello niharika,

Thanks for the information.

One last thing I want to know.. That in ur Canada application what did u mention?.

U mentioned only about the rejection or rejection along with its reason???

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
Niharika Kaur said:
Hi Rajwinder..

My case was a little different that what is yours.. but i'm sure will help you and a lot of people on this forum to come out of the "negative mindset" ... My husband was rejected with a USA B1B2 visa twice say 4-5 years back.. (he had applied with his parents)
recently after our marriage we applied for a Canadian Tourist VISA.. we GOT that in one shot.. we visited Canada and came back in 3 weeks.. after which we applied for a USA B1B2.. this time even the USA visa was Approved.. SURPRISE..!!!!!

Honestly it all depends on your intentions, stay clear DON'T LIE, DON'T HIDE.. we mentioned everything on the application (CANADA & USA) about my husband's previous rejections still got the visas approved.. all they see is your intention... infact recently when the USA B1B2 visa was approved the VO and my husband were laughing on his previous visa rejections..

Go ahead and wait for the golden words.. "YOUR VISA IS APPROVED"... God bless...!!
Thanks Niharika

I believe he got rejected under section 214(b), as this is the reason they give generally to young guys who apply for visa.

It would be great if you could also tell what details you mentioned regarding rejection while applying for Canadian Visa

Niharika Kaur

Apr 10, 2016
rajwinder58 said:
Hello niharika,

Thanks for the information.

One last thing I want to know.. That in ur Canada application what did u mention?.

U mentioned only about the rejection or rejection along with its reason???
Hi,
On the Canadian application, i think my Hubby had mentioned the "Visa type" and "Date of Rejection"

re3dv

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
IELTS Request
25-02-2016
File Transfer...
26-02-2016
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Interview........
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2016
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
I was refused US visit visa aswel. I just mentioned the fact with the date I applied. Thts it. Wen i was applying for canada, i was suggested tht i can explain y i applied to US before in SoP/explanation letter. But i chose not to do this because, firstly, it was q visit visa tht was rehected not student visa and in canada i was applying for student visa. Secondly, it was a one time thing. If i had applied to US more then once then I definately wld have explained in the letter why i wqs so focused on going to US. One visit visa rejection from anywhere is pretty normal.
I got my student visa visa yesterday if tht helps :)

Reactions: nsbhullar

re3dv

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
IELTS Request
25-02-2016
File Transfer...
26-02-2016
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Interview........
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2016
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
And by the way, i was also called for an interview at the canadian embassy (they needed me to clarify things on my finances) and the VO never once in the 30 minutes interview asked about my US visit visa rejection. Tht shd give u an idea abt how much weight the previous rejection to another country carries.

Reactions: Beenish_j

rajwinder58

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
re3dv said:
And by the way, i was also called for an interview at the canadian embassy (they needed me to clarify things on my finances) and the VO never once in the 30 minutes interview asked about my US visit visa rejection. Tht shd give u an idea abt how much weight the previous rejection to another country carries.
Thanks for sharing the information and experience.

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
re3dv said:
Thanks Reeda

re3dv

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
IELTS Request
25-02-2016
File Transfer...
26-02-2016
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Interview........
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2016
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
Welcome rajwinder58
Always a pleasure tarun :)

kumar.mandora

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Hi,

I am on the verge of filing mu study permit today. for visa rejection question I answered "In past I was denied a student visa for the US due to an insufficient GRE score."

I was denied for US student visa in 2010 and 2011. I have a reason for first rejection as mentioned above, however for the remaining 3 I don't.

Can anyone please help me how shall I answer the past visa rejection question?

Thanks

PARAM-

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Hi,

I am on the verge of filing mu study permit today. for visa rejection question I answered "In past I was denied a student visa for the US due to an insufficient GRE score."

I was denied for US student visa in 2010 and 2011. I have a reason for first rejection as mentioned above, however for the remaining 3 I don't.

Can anyone please help me how shall I answer the past visa rejection question?

Thanks
don't hide any info. Because they already know it :p just explain everything in SOP and BEST OF LUCK

Reactions: kumar.mandora