Med's Done....
July 16th 2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
November 13th
LANDED..........
February 2nd 2015
COPR was received yesterday! Was printed on the 13th of November.

I land January 7th! ;D

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
missmatalini said:

I land January 7th! ;D
Congrats hun!

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
missmatalini said:

I land January 7th! ;D
Congrats!!!!!!!!

Can I ask why it took 9 months from App file date for you to get COPR from Ottawa??

missmatalini

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 11th 2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF Requested July 15th 2014
AOR Received.
March 25th 2014
File Transfer...
March 28th 2014
Med's Request
July 15th 2014
Med's Done....
July 16th 2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
November 13th
LANDED..........
February 2nd 2015
Mariac819 said:
Congrats!!!!!!!!

Can I ask why it took 9 months from App file date for you to get COPR from Ottawa??
A ridiculous amount of reasons.

We filed during tax season so our Option C was misplaced from our application. Had to resend that.

Was transferred to Los Angeles. For no reason. We were considering canceling because of the processing time and literally the day before we sent the information to cancel it we found out it was sent BACK to Ottawa and they Requested Medicals, RPRF fee and the FBI clearance (I didn't need to send one because I left the states a month after my 18th birthday)

They then lost my medical and the RPRF (But of course they claimed I didn't send it. . .please tell me how you lose an e-medical*eyeroll*) and asked for an FBI clearance again cause I guess they don't read their own guidelines. (Keep in mind, we had sent everything out in July so our application sat there until October when they realized the medical and rprf was missing)

Got our MP involved after they gave us 2 weeks to get the FBI clearance.

The day I was about to send my fingerprints out for the background check they called the MP saying they found our documents and they no longer wanted the FBI check, Because I was exempt and they were dumb.

Our case was really simple. We're both young, never before married, no kids, no criminal background. Guess we just got really unlucky *shrug*

In the end even though it sucked waiting it's all worked out kind of perfectly.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
missmatalini said:

We filed during tax season so our Option C was misplaced from our application. Had to resend that.

Was transferred to Los Angeles. For no reason. We were considering canceling because of the processing time and literally the day before we sent the information to cancel it we found out it was sent BACK to Ottawa and they Requested Medicals, RPRF fee and the FBI clearance (I didn't need to send one because I left the states a month after my 18th birthday)

They then lost my medical and the RPRF (But of course they claimed I didn't send it. . .please tell me how you lose an e-medical*eyeroll*) and asked for an FBI clearance again cause I guess they don't read their own guidelines. (Keep in mind, we had sent everything out in July so our application sat there until October when they realized the medical and rprf was missing)

Got our MP involved after they gave us 2 weeks to get the FBI clearance.

The day I was about to send my fingerprints out for the background check they called the MP saying they found our documents and they no longer wanted the FBI check, Because I was exempt and they were dumb.

Our case was really simple. We're both young, never before married, no kids, no criminal background. Guess we just got really unlucky *shrug*

In the end even though it sucked waiting it's all worked out kind of perfectly.
Oh wow! You have been a patient trooper!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
missmatalini said:
or perhaps it was the universe's way of making sure it
missmatalini said:
all worked out kind of perfectly.
congrats again! :)

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Mariac819 said:
Congrats!!!!!!!!

missmatalini - congrats!

When you think about it, it shows how fortunate US applicants are with the timelines these days. Even just last year, the average US citizen applicant timeline was 8-10 months for a straightforward application with no red-flags (my wife's 7 month timeline was considered unusually fast). One year was not out of the ordinary either. Now with the fast tracking of US applicants, we consider 9 months to be considered unusually long!

missmatalini

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 11th 2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF Requested July 15th 2014
AOR Received.
March 25th 2014
File Transfer...
March 28th 2014
Med's Request
July 15th 2014
Med's Done....
July 16th 2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
November 13th
LANDED..........
February 2nd 2015
keesio said:
missmatalini - congrats!

When you think about it, it shows how fortunate US applicants are with the timelines these days. Even just last year, the average US citizen applicant timeline was 8-10 months for a straightforward application with no red-flags (my wife's 7 month timeline was considered unusually fast). One year was not out of the ordinary either. Now with the fast tracking of US applicants, we consider 9 months to be considered unusually long!
When we applied back in February, we had the expectations to be done by the end of 2014. It seemed like March applicants was when it started picking up and processing was 5'ish months. So that's what just threw us off, because we were expecting October-November.

I'm just glad it's over *happy sigh* was all worth it in the end.

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
missmatalini said:
When we applied back in February, we had the expectations to be done by the end of 2014. It seemed like March applicants was when it started picking up and processing was 5'ish months. So that's what just threw us off, because we were expecting October-November.

I'm just glad it's over *happy sigh* was all worth it in the end.
congrats, hopefully mine will go soon.

scubadive1

Nov 22, 2014
I am new to the Forum. Thank you everyone for your contributions to support those of us attempting to move into Canada. I have spent the bulk of the day reading through postings.

I have a partner that lives on Vancouver Island, B.C. and I live on the Big Island of Hawaii. We met earlier in the year and have been flying back and forth monthly and spend time together....and it is fantastic. But we want to spend every day together, rather than 7 to 10 days a months. And i am enlisting your help to navigate the "Gauntlet". I am a U.S. citizen and she is a Belgium citizen with permanent residency in Canada. She is setting up a language school and cannot move. I can. I can work anywhere. So guess who is moving?

Here is the plan. What do you think? I am going to fly into Victoria on March 2, 2015 (a couple of months) and get a 6 month visa. At the end of March we will travel to Tacoma and we will pick up my car that I will ship...gotta have a car...and drive back across the border. On May 1, I need to go to Montana for a couple of weeks and drive back across the border into Canada.

When I arrive it seems I want to process a Sponsor Approval and seek a job so I may process a Temporary Work Permit. I can process a Professional Work Visa, but it appears the TWP is alot more immediate and functional. I haven't read the rules for Domestic Partner and Common Law yet, can't wait; trust me on this one. What do you think?

I mean really? All I want to do is process a CPP or a CSQ (maybe) and wait for a SA so I can get a COPR (and maybe an ASE on the fly), then an OHIP and process a B-4 and get an SIN and.....maaaaaybe process a W-8 if I don't forget. The least of my worries is the FBI or the Dr. (they don't have an acronym for a Dr. do they?).....I don't plan on going to caipsnotes.com to check on status.....God willing it and barring Canadian holidays and weekends...........it will come. I am sure of it!

Thank God we are going to do this "outland" while I am in Canada on a visa................for expediency.

In Advance, I appreciate your contributions and support.

At this point all I really neeed is a cold beer and a double shot of cheap whisky!!!!

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
scubadive1 said:
I am new to the Forum. Thank you everyone for your contributions to support those of us attempting to move into Canada. I have spent the bulk of the day reading through postings.

I have a partner that lives on Vancouver Island, B.C. and I live on the Big Island of Hawaii. We met earlier in the year and have been flying back and forth monthly and spend time together....and it is fantastic. But we want to spend every day together, rather than 7 to 10 days a months. And i am enlisting your help to navigate the "Gauntlet". I am a U.S. citizen and she is a Belgium citizen with permanent residency in Canada. She is setting up a language school and cannot move. I can. I can work anywhere. So guess who is moving?

Here is the plan. What do you think? I am going to fly into Victoria on March 2, 2015 (a couple of months) and get a 6 month visa. At the end of March we will travel to Tacoma and we will pick up my car that I will ship...gotta have a car...and drive back across the border. On May 1, I need to go to Montana for a couple of weeks and drive back across the border into Canada.

When I arrive it seems I want to process a Sponsor Approval and seek a job so I may process a Temporary Work Permit. I can process a Professional Work Visa, but it appears the TWP is alot more immediate and functional. I haven't read the rules for Domestic Partner and Common Law yet, can't wait; trust me on this one. What do you think?

I mean really? All I want to do is process a CPP or a CSQ (maybe) and wait for a SA so I can get a COPR (and maybe an ASE on the fly), then an OHIP and process a B-4 and get an SIN and.....maaaaaybe process a W-8 if I don't forget. The least of my worries is the FBI or the Dr. (they don't have an acronym for a Dr. do they?).....I don't plan on going to caipsnotes.com to check on status.....God willing it and barring Canadian holidays and weekends...........it will come. I am sure of it!

Thank God we are going to do this "outland" while I am in Canada on a visa................for expediency.

At this point all I really neeed is a cold beer and a double shot of cheap whisky!!!!
How are you planning on them sponsoring you? You have to be married or have lived together for 12 continues months to qualify.

Also, as a US citizen you don't need to "get a visa." We get automatic 6 months.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
scubadive1 said:

I agree with Maria. right now, you don't qualify to be sponsored as a spouse, and you won't in march either. to be commonlaw in canada, you must be able to prove cohabitation for 365 consecutive days. you also don't qualify for a temporary work permit unless you find an employer to sponsor you, which requires them to not be able to hire any canadian to do the job. you will first need a job offer in order for the employer to apply to sponsor you.
also, if you move to BC, Ohip doesn't apply, as it is the health insurance in ontario. CPP is a visa office, and CSQ only applies to quebec, so you obviously are very confused about the process and all the terminology. either that, or you are just trying to be funny? either way, you need to do a lot more research if you want to be with your significant other.

also, generally, you won't be able to get provencial health insurance until your are a pr or have a work visa. you can't work in canada as only a visitor, that would be illegal. the only way you can work and be in canada as a visitor is if you are working remotely for a non-canadian company with non-canadian clients.

also, how often and how long you are allowed into canada is solely dependant on the border agent you meet at the border, and if they suspect you plan to "move" or "live" in canada without the legal authorization to do so, they will turn you away faster than you can say aloha! your plan is very flawed.

if you want to move to canada you will either need to be commonlaw, get married or find an employer willing to go through the expensive and timely process to sponsor you.

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
next week :)
saria1 said:
What Rhcohen and Maria have said. I naively thought when I started looking into the process that "hey, I'm an educated American and so is my husband, we can easily move across the border". Thats not the case at all and half the problem with us egotistical American's. The immigration process is a slap down into the real realities and should piss you off at Obama for wanting to allow 5 million undocumented illegal immigrants to stay in our country. Bring on the birth tourism, the tourists who never leave..... OK, I had to go there, sorry ;-)
its crazy how we all live on this giant flying rock and yet we have all this borders and immigration bull...

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
lokyy said:
its crazy how we all live on this giant flying rock and yet we have all this borders and immigration bull...
;)

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
I called CJIS the other day to check on dates for the FBI background checks. The man on the phone informed me, and it was confirmed by some woman in the background, with the backlog for the FBI reports, that CIC has just recently been allowing applicants to use official channelers. I'm not sure if this applies to Family sponsorship or maybe it's some sort of other visa program. But has anyone heard this? If so, does it apply to all visa's or only certain ones?

We're sitting in queue at CJIS and don't expect our report in until early/mid Feb.