Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
saria1 said:
Keesio, I'm well aware they didn't take channelers in the past, that was DRILLED into me in previous posts. I'm saying that CJIS is now telling me that CIC has been allowing for some people to use channelers. My questions is, does this apply to only FSW visas or other visas, but the Family sponsorships are exempt? If you have an issue with this info, then please call CJIS and set them straight: 304-625-5590 and let us know how it went.

Also, for the record, many channelers don't provide the CJIS blue document and only give the PDF printout via email. So maybe CIC has started accepting channeler reports through the more legitimate channelers??? Things do change, governments have a way of maturing (shocker, but it happens occasionally), so it's not a far fetched idea. I just want to know if anyone heard or had the request to use a channeler and was it accepted.
Why would Keesio bother calling they already landed. Plus who wants to set the CJIS straight? Lol NOT ME!

I have learned through my research about this process that we should NEVER take another agency's word about What CIC will accept or not accept. I would ONLY take CIC's word and even then the call Center agents can give mixed information.

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
Mariac819 said:
Why would Keesio bother calling they already landed. Plus who wants to set the CJIS straight? Lol NOT ME!

I have learned through my research about this process that we should NEVER take another agency's word about What CIC will accept or not accept. I would ONLY take CIC's word and even then the call Center agents can give mixed information.
Thats the problem, Maria. Many people come on here preaching and pushing the "Old Gospel" that was 6 months or 2 yrs ago, when standards could have changed. Yes, CIC itself is never consistent. To me calling them is nothing more than calling to talk with a cheery person who may end the call when your information is confirmed.

So my little side note of calling CJIS and setting them straight, was merely a "back off me, I'm well aware, ya'll have done this song and dance with me before". And if Keesio has landed and can't be bothered with this, then why is he still here? Apparently to offer help, so maybe calling CJIS would be something he would like to do. I was trying to make people aware that I've been given new info and was trying to find if anyone heard the same, or better yet experienced it.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
saria1 said:
Thats the problem, Maria. Many people come on here preaching and pushing the "Old Gospel" that was 6 months or 2 yrs ago, when standards could have changed. Yes, CIC itself is never consistent. To me calling them is nothing more than calling to talk with a cheery person who may end the call when your information is confirmed.

So my little side note of calling CJIS and setting them straight, was merely a "back off me, I'm well aware, ya'll have done this song and dance with me before". And if Keesio has landed and can't be bothered with this, then why is he still here? Apparently to offer help, so maybe calling CJIS would be something he would like to do. I was trying to make people aware that I've been given new info and was trying to find if anyone heard the same, or better yet experienced it.
You are right governments change. That is why I went on CIC's website and followed their instructions there. Can't go wrong with that.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
next week :)
Mariac819 said:
LoL

If that is what you feel and believe then move your wife to Miami. I left the US so there is room for 1 now :p hahaha
welcome to the winter....
and wait for 10 or or more years to become a citizen here...

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
lokyy said:
welcome to the winter....
and wait for 10 or or more years to become a citizen here...
You are really bitter. Why are you even moving to a country you seem to dislike so much.

BTW its only 3 years (1,095 days) to get citizenship (If that is what you want). I happen to like Canada very much and I am very happy here. :)

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
saria1 said:
And if Keesio has landed and can't be bothered with this, then why is he still here?
The same reason that Leon, scylla, PMM and some of all these other senior member still stick around.... to give our advice and to people like yourself and others who come to this forum for help with their questions. Nice to see our feedback is so appreciated here. Why do you think people come to this forum?? Why did you come to this forum? They are here to pick the brains of people who have gone through this already. Like I'm sure you did. Why do think you see so many "Help me Leon" or "Help me scylla", threads? And why do you think Leon still takes the time to answer questions? scylla Or myself?

Anyway I didn't land... well I did many years ago. I recently sponsored my wife and she landed. During my (long) time in Canada, I've been through getting multiple work permist, getting a PR myself via inland, sponsored my wife outland (landed last year) and became a citizen.

Do we know 100% for sure??? NO. Who really does? All we can do is provide our best advice. And we what to give our best advice. Do you know how many times we have to drill into people that US citizens should apply OUTLAND or INLAND? There was one American that still wanted to go INLAND despite all our objections and FINALLY FINALLY after we were on that person over and over they decided to do OUTLAND and thanked us for it. We aren't jumping on them to give them a hard time. We want to give them the best advice based on real experiences we've seen. Same goes with the FBI channelers. If something changed and FBI channelers are accepted, then so be it. And if something changed where INLAND is now a better option, then so be it. But all we are trying to do is to give our best advice.

Nice to see we are appreciated.

OH and BTW - calling CJIS is totally pointless. Because it doesn't matter what they say. It is what CIC wants. CJIS can say "sure the letters from the Channelers are fine" but if CIC doesn't want to accept it then it doesn't matter! CIC calls the shots, not CJIS!!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Mariac819 said:
BTW its only 3 years (1,095 days) to get citizenship (If that is what you want). I happen to like Canada very much and I am very happy here. :)
Once the new law comes into effect (likely sometime in 2015) then the time required will be 1460 days (in the previous 6 years) with no credit for time prior to becoming a permanent resident. There are other new requirements as well and a requirement that one intends on remaining in Canada after citizenship is granted.

Thus, for anyone landing now, the effective requirement will be 1460 days of physical presence in Canada.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
computergeek said:
Once the new law comes into effect (likely sometime in 2015) then the time required will be 1460 days (in the previous 6 years) with no credit for time prior to becoming a permanent resident. There are other new requirements as well and a requirement that one intends on remaining in Canada after citizenship is granted.

Thus, for anyone landing now, the effective requirement will be 1460 days of physical presence in Canada.
Thanks for the new information :)

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
keesio said:
No way is US immigration easier (in standard immigration cases). There is a reason why so many people use Canada as a stepping stone to the USA.
Exactly - I myself have parents who immigrated to the USA. I am very familiar with the USA immigration process. Even researched it when my husband and I were deciding which country we wanted to live in (USA or Canada). I let people think what they want. :)..

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
keesio said:
The same reason that Leon, scylla, PMM and some of all these other senior member still stick around.... to give our advice and to people like yourself and others who come to this forum for help with their questions. Nice to see our feedback is so appreciated here. Why do you think people come to this forum?? Why did you come to this forum? They are here to pick the brains of people who have gone through this already. Like I'm sure you did. Why do think you see so many "Help me Leon" or "Help me scylla", threads? And why do you think Leon still takes the time to answer questions? scylla Or myself?

Anyway I didn't land... well I did many years ago. I recently sponsored my wife and she landed. During my (long) time in Canada, I've been through getting multiple work permist, getting a PR myself via inland, sponsored my wife outland (landed last year) and became a citizen.

Do we know 100% for sure??? NO. Who really does? All we can do is provide our best advice. And we what to give our best advice. Do you know how many times we have to drill into people that US citizens should apply OUTLAND or INLAND? There was one American that still wanted to go INLAND despite all our objections and FINALLY FINALLY after we were on that person over and over they decided to do OUTLAND and thanked us for it. We aren't jumping on them to give them a hard time. We want to give them the best advice based on real experiences we've seen. Same goes with the FBI channelers. If something changed and FBI channelers are accepted, then so be it. And if something changed where INLAND is now a better option, then so be it. But all we are trying to do is to give our best advice.

Nice to see we are appreciated.

OH and BTW - calling CJIS is totally pointless. Because it doesn't matter what they say. It is what CIC wants. CJIS can say "sure the letters from the Channelers are fine" but if CIC doesn't want to accept it then it doesn't matter! CIC calls the shots, not CJIS!!
Sorry I thought it was you that had landed :) ... I just knew you had been through this before.

Please know that some of us really do appreciate the time and effort that many of you older members provide. <3

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
keesio said:
No way is US immigration easier (in standard immigration cases). There is a reason why so many people use Canada as a stepping stone to the USA.
look at the citizenship requirements and interviews and TIMELINES for usa to become a citizen,,nothing like Canada,,,now you have to be 4 years in Canada? close to impossible to someone who travels a lot,,,and that you HAVE to live in Canada after citizenship? once youre a citizen im supposed to be a slave? and not move wherever I want?

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
Mariac819 said:
Exactly - I myself have parents who immigrated to the USA. I am very familiar with the USA immigration process. Even researched it when my husband and I were deciding which country we wanted to live in (USA or Canada). I let people think what they want. :)..
like I said welcome to the highest taxes and coldest winter...
and unless you stay here for a very longgg time like in a cage and dont get out too often you wont become a citizen any time soon...

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
computergeek said:
There are other new requirements as well and a requirement that one intends on remaining in Canada after citizenship is granted.
they gotta be kidding me,,,,,

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
lokyy said:
like I said welcome to the highest taxes and coldest winter...
and unless you stay here for a very longgg time like in a cage and dont get out too often you wont become a citizen any time soon...
WHO CARES about becoming a Citizen or not. I am just happy being with the love of my life. IS that all you are in it for? Citizenship? It sure seems like it.

You can live as a PR and enjoy your life in peace. Citizenship will come with time. I personally am in no rush. I am a USA Citizen, that is enough for me.

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
Mariac819 said:
WHO CARES about becoming a Citizen or not. I am just happy being with the love of my life. IS that all you are in it for? Citizenship? It sure seems like it.

You can live as a PR and enjoy your life in peace. Citizenship will come with time. I personally am in no rush. I am a USA Citizen, that is enough for me.
im here because my wife lives here otherwise I would never come to this cold country with its stupid laws,,,
im not interested in citizenship here and actually im having second thoughts about getting the PR..i brought up the citizenship issue as another stupid law of them,,,
ohhh youre just happy with the love of your life,,, :-* :-* :-* :-* i better stop before ........