Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015

fizban

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2014
Doc's Request.
26-05-2015 IMM5409 Requested
AOR Received.
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-09-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
IP: 29-06-2015, DM: 03-07-2015, COPR: 11-07-2015
LANDED..........
12-09-2015
Woohoo, I just got SA a few minutes ago! This after receiving AOR last Friday Nov 14th and me freaking out about receiving an AOR instead of SA. Now today is Monday Nov 17th. Maybe they just ran out of time last Friday afternoon and sent AORs to everybody whose file they were working on before taking off for the weekend? Who knows! Here's hoping the others who got AOR on Friday will get SA today or tomorrow!

For those who are curious, the SA email (or rather, the attachment) reads as follows:

Dear fizban:

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of fizban spouse and family (if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing.

Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s), you may contact the visa office by e-mail, fax, or in writing as follows:

CPC-Ottawa
CPC-Ottawa, NHQ - Centralized Processing Region 219 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1, Canada
E-mail: OttPilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca
Fax number: (613) 946-6059

This visa office was selected based on your relative's home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.

Reminder – Your undertaking is an unconditional promise of support

The undertaking you signed is an unconditional promise to financially support and provide basic requirements for your sponsored relative(s). This undertaking is not broken by such changes as the granting of Canadian citizenship, divorce, separation, relationship breakdown, moving to another province, or a change in your financial situation. Your obligations as a sponsor begin as soon as your sponsored relative and, if applicable, their accompanying family members become permanent residents of Canada. This undertaking cannot be cancelled once permanent resident visas are issued to them.

Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

If the Right of Permanent Residence Fee is applicable to your application and you have chosen to defer payment of that fee, you will be contacted to make the payment at a later date. A Permanent Resident Visa cannot be issued to your relative(s) until this payment is submitted.

When should I contact CIC?

You must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:

- Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce;
- Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);
- Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;
- Decision to withdraw your application.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process, provided that a final decision has not been made on your relative's application for permanent residence. You may be eligible for a refund of the sponsorship fee or the permanent resident application fee if processing of your file has not yet begun.

You must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately by contacting the Call Centre. Changes to your address should be made through our online service at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp. Failure to provide a current or correct address may result in delays in the processing of your application.

Contact Information

For information about Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) programs and services, application forms, or general updates on your file status, visit our web site at www.cic.gc.ca.

To contact this office and for more information on what to expect next, please refer to the After You Apply webpage at www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-after.asp.

How do I check the status of my application?

You may use your 8-digit Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number located at the top left of this correspondence to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and select “Check your application status”.

How long will it take to process my application?

Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times by visiting the CIC website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp. Please note that, given the high volume of inquiries submitted to this office and Canadian visa offices abroad, status updates on cases are not normally provided unless the processing time for a file is longer than the service standards outlined in the CIC website.

Sincerely,

Officer MB
Case Processing Centre Mississauga

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
next week :)
Finally......

Medicals Done(in montreal): 11-11-2014
Application sent to Missisauga:11-17-2014

JayPinNC

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
So, FYI:
the regulations for exporting your car to canada changed on Oct 2. It is now REQUIRED for the export to be initiated through the automated system AESDirect. In order to register for this system, a person must first obtain an EIN# from the IRS and take some sort of certification quiz. An export can NOT be intiated without this and border patrol won't accept exports without the ITN# that is generated from this system. However, if you happen to know someone who is already registered with this system, they can initiate the export for you and identify you as the "USPPI" without issue.

now to decided what to do next...
I just got an EIN in a matter of minutes from IRS.gov (it's not a big deal if you already have/had one and even if you aren't technically an employer, or if it feels weird, just do it) and registered for AESDirect. In typical government fashion, you can't complete AESDirect registration without a fax number. Really. I've never had a fax. I just re-entered my phone number.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go study for my quiz. To import a car.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
JayPinNC said:
I just got an EIN in a matter of minutes from IRS.gov (it's not a big deal if you already have/had one and even if you aren't technically an employer, or if it feels weird, just do it) and registered for AESDirect. In typical government fashion, you can't complete AESDirect registration without a fax number. Really. I've never had a fax. I just re-entered my phone number.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go study for my quiz. To import a car.
I have not registered for AESdirect yet. Plan on doing so later this month. Fax number? ... Interesting and wonder why they need it. There are ways to get an online fax number but I don't know if it is worth the trouble if everything is online. I will have to see.

Good luck on the the quiz. (stupid that we have to take a quiz lol). Let me know how it goes.

JayPinNC

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
Mariac819 said:
I have not registered for AESdirect yet. Plan on doing so later this month. Fax number? ... Interesting and wonder why they need it. There are ways to get an online fax number but I don't know if it is worth the trouble if everything is online. I will have to see.

Good luck on the the quiz. (stupid that we have to take a quiz lol). Let me know how it goes.
Don't do it!! That's how it goes! I found a company that will enter my car into AES for $60USD. I don't know if the forum has any rules about posting/suggesting external sites, etc....so if anybody wants the info about the company that will do it for $60 (a steal considering the time involved to get AES certified), send me a PM.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
JayPinNC said:
Don't do it!! That's how it goes! I found a company that will enter my car into AES for $60USD. I don't know if the forum has any rules about posting/suggesting external sites, etc....so if anybody wants the info about the company that will do it for $60 (a steal considering the time involved to get AES certified), send me a PM.
I will PM You! ..

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
rhcohen2014 said:
correct, the "sponsor approval" letter simply states a sponsor has been found eligible to sponsor. THAT is the approval. "sponsor approval" is a term used on this forum, it is not what CIC uses.
cool, that's what I thought. I know of some folks freaking out, not realizing what that letter is.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
blueangel371115 said:
cool, that's what I thought. I know of some folks freaking out, not realizing what that letter is.
CIC in Mississauga is also randomly sending AORs again, so that may be adding to the confusion. up until this summer it was commonplace for the sponsor to receive 2 letters, the acknowledgement of receipt (AOR), and the sponsor eligibility (approval) letter (SA). The AOR simply states the application has been received.

VAtoBC

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Doc's Request.
29-05-2015
File Transfer...
21-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2014
Application pkg submitted 27 Oct without FBI check results due to delay in FBI processing. GOT IT THIS WEEK. Sent email asking where to send it. Got automated response requiring a lot of info, including UCI #, which we don't have yet. Email says they MAY respond in 30 days IF we include all the info. Should we send to CPC Mississauga with receipt # and hope they attach it to the right file? IMO a 30 day lag in responding to emails is f@#$ing unacceptable. I'm with my spouse in the US so can't use the phone number.

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
VAtoBC said:
Application pkg submitted 27 Oct without FBI check results due to delay in FBI processing. GOT IT THIS WEEK. Sent email asking where to send it. Got automated response requiring a lot of info, including UCI #, which we don't have yet. Email says they MAY respond in 30 days IF we include all the info. Should we send to CPC Mississauga with receipt # and hope they attach it to the right file? IMO a 30 day lag in responding to emails is f @ #$ing unacceptable. I'm with my spouse in the US so can't use the phone number.
What? I'm confused. What did you get this week? Your application package back, the FBI report?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
saria1 said:
What? I'm confused. What did you get this week? Your application package back, the FBI report?
Sounds like the FBI report finally arrived.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
VAtoBC said:
Application pkg submitted 27 Oct without FBI check results due to delay in FBI processing. GOT IT THIS WEEK. Sent email asking where to send it. Got automated response requiring a lot of info, including UCI #, which we don't have yet. Email says they MAY respond in 30 days IF we include all the info. Should we send to CPC Mississauga with receipt # and hope they attach it to the right file? IMO a 30 day lag in responding to emails is f @ #$ing unacceptable. I'm with my spouse in the US so can't use the phone number.
You will not get a UCI# or File Number# (the two number you need to send in with the FBI certificate so they can attach the certificate with the application) until after you get AOR (e-mail from CIC saying they got your application) or SA (Sponsor Approval). The usual way to send in additional documents is to wait until Sponsor Approval and the application being transferred to the VO (CPP-Ottawa in this case). Then you send it to CPP-Ottawa with your UCI and File No.

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
keesio said:
Sounds like the FBI report finally arrived.
If thats the case, I would wait until they get SA and it moves onto Ottawa and then send it there. My situation is the same, except I think mine will have completed SA way before our FBI report arrives. BTW, how long did your report take from start to finish?

Per FAQ 6:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp#faq

6. I need to send documents that are part of the application process. Where do I send them?
Scan and e-mail documents (other than police certificates) to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca:

Send original Police Certificates to:

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West, 7th floor, section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada